Hypothetical: Borg vs Kryptonians

SF: Not to be confused with SyFy....
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 Hypothetical: Borg vs Kryptonians

Post by Dark Silver »

Scenario:
Prior to Ral going Nova (approximatly three months), a Borg Cube arrives in Orbit, and declares it's intentions - Assimilation of the planet and the addition of it's biological and technological distinctiveness to it's own.

Variables:
Krypton is as it was in the CURRENT Superman Comic Continuity, for technology base and culture. Krypton orbits a Red Star, so the Kryptonians do not have their nifty powers.

The Borg as of Star Trek Canon cira First Contact.

The Question:
What is the outcome of this event? How many Borg ships would be required before the Kyrptonians fell to Assimilation? How long could the Kyrptonians hold out? Would the Borg eventually fall to the might of the Kryptonians?

Discuss and hypothesize. Provide Evidence where nessecary.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

The Borg are screwed, the Kryptonians have super science and desire to not be made into robo zombies.

Also if I recall they had Brainic?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Currently Comics continuity has Brainiac as a being from the planet Culo, who "evolved" into becoming a living computer program which inhabits various bodies.

Modern Kyrpton is the current Comics depiction of Kyrpton prior to the planet going boom (instead of Rao going nova...)
Last edited by Dark Silver on Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Your link leads to a chemical page. Fail you do.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

you'll have to CP the entire link......for some reason the board software does not like the (comics) portion of the URL, even if I format it as a hyperlink.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Okay the Krypton you want to use had a violent fringe group create a super weapon capable of stealing energy from the core of the sun to use as a weapon.

No Borg Cube is gonna be able to compete with that.

Birthright Krypton is so advanced one guy working in his basement can create an intergalactic craft that is baby safe.

I think they can build an anti Borg Gun.

And the list goes on...

I'm gonna say the Borg can't hang here and best resort to hiding.
Derek Thunder
Disciple

Post by Derek Thunder »

This thread...

This thread...

I really can't add anything.
[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]"Wikipedia is mankind's greatest invention. You can learn about anything. We all know Ray J. We all know he's a singer. He's Brandy's brother. And he was in that classic sex tape with Kim Kardashian. But, did you also know he's Snoop Dogg's cousin AND he was in the 1996 Tim Burton movie Mars Attacks? Suddenly, you're on the Mars Attacks page!'"[/align]
The Silence and I
Disciple

Post by The Silence and I »

I may be expressing an unforgivable level of ignorance here but didn't Krypton, and all its inhabitants, die when their star exploded? The point being that they didn't--or couldn't--leave? If they couldn't escape their own solar system how well could they fight a number of Borg cubes--in space?

I must be missing something... :?:
Sometime monkey fall from tree.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

I'm a little behind on current continuity but if memory serves the problem wasn't that they COULDN'T leave, but nobody believed they actually NEEDED to. Until the shit really hit the fan, nobody but Jor-El and a few select others believed Krypton was in any danger to begin with, and by the time it DID, there really wasn't all that much time to mount an evacuation effort. :wink:
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

In one version of the event the government had even deployed a fleet of AI killer ships with orders to destroy any Kryptonians leaving the system.

I believe that has been done away with.