Halloween costume pics

ART: Movies, Pictures, Music the stuff that could be considered Art by some people

Moderator: frigidmagi

Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

#1 Halloween costume pics

Post by Mayabird »

As the subject says, this is for people to post their costume pictures. Me? I'm still waiting for some people to post their pictures of me.

I dressed as a headcrab zombie from Half-Life 2. The looks I got while I was walking to band practice in it were priceless
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Pics!

I'll be dressing up around march, rather then october.
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

*purrr* At least the pledges and a couple of the brothers know how to keep me happy.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ ... rlysig.jpg[/img]
Terminally Flirtatious : Gotham Grrl : Imp-kin : Comm Major : NOT a Blonde : Empyrean Night~Good Friends don't let friends die
"Oh, pipe down! It's not like you've never been bound and gagged before." - Harley Quinn.
Scottish Ninja
Initiate

Post by Scottish Ninja »

Has anyone seen my TARDIS?
[img=left]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/ ... vilwar.jpg[/img]Dakarne: That's no moon...
Dakarne: it's London.

Thank god for Tennessee Harold Ford protecting us from nuclear vegemite. - Petrosjko
Major Reilly: Air Command
"They can shoot me dead, but the moral high ground is mine" - The Doctor
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

uhm...what are you supposed to be SN?
Terminally Flirtatious : Gotham Grrl : Imp-kin : Comm Major : NOT a Blonde : Empyrean Night~Good Friends don't let friends die
"Oh, pipe down! It's not like you've never been bound and gagged before." - Harley Quinn.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Oh PLEASE. The TARDIS was a dead giveaway. I've seen maybe three quarters of one Doctor Who episode in my entire life and 'I' got the reference.
One would assume that by now you would have absorbed more SciFi knowledge merely by osmosis.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

uhm... i still don't know who he's supposed to be....
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Um-Doctor Who?
(The ultimate irony by now would of course be if that was supposed to be some completely different Doctor Who character because as I said I don't know shit about it but the MY TARIDIS part was pretty blatant)
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Lindar wrote:uhm... i still don't know who he's supposed to be....
The Doctor from Doctor Who. Specifically the one in the top right hand corner.

Since you don't get the reference at all:
Doctor Who is the longest-running science fiction show that's still being produced, and its original run was from 1963 all the way through to 1989, and it ended in its twenty-sixth season after going through seven different actors to portray the leading role (I'll get to explaining that in a minute). After that, it was continued in 2005, and is currently on a twenty-ninth season which will be released in the spring of next year.

The Doctor is a human-lookalike alien time traveller with two hearts who comes from the planet Gallifrey... his time-travelling space-ship greatly resembles a police phone booth from 1960s London due to a 'faulty chameleon circuit' and is bigger on the inside. If the Doctor dies, he will 'regenerate', which causes him to cheat death, but at the same time he is forced to change his physical and mental characteristics, thus explaining the actor-changing and the ten different actors who have already been in the role.

Doctor Who is also known for having invented the Daleks; those pepper-pot lookalike cyborgs which are often touted to have a problem with stairs, and also have an obsession with shouting 'Exterminate!' or 'Obey!'.

Thematically, Doctor Who is different from most science fiction shows as the Doctor is a scientist, not a warrior, and he will often attempt to find a non-violent or non-combat solution... he will also refrain from using guns of any type, much like The Dark Knight. He'll typically take a human companion as sort of like an audience surrogate...

I'd explain more about it, but honestly, you're looking at forty-three years of novels, two non-canon movies, one tv-movie and twenty-eight seasons of television.
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Batman wrote:Um-Doctor Who?
(The ultimate irony by now would of course be if that was supposed to be some completely different Doctor Who character because as I said I don't know shit about it but the MY TARIDIS part was pretty blatant)
Nope, definitely the Doctor. It's actually the most obvious Doctor, too... the fourth one, as played by Tom Baker, and the one with seven seasons under his belt. And I'd recommend actually sitting down and watching Doctor Who... it's pretty damn good when it comes to it. Quite original and oftentimes quite funny, but with a dark edge that's sort of like the earlier editions of Batman... back when he had a sense of humour.
Lindar
Adept

Post by Lindar »

but i don't have time to find out who this doctor is!

so he's doctor who?

ok then what is a TARDIS?
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

The Sword That Was Broken wrote: And I'd recommend actually sitting down and watching Doctor Who...
I'll be sure to remember that when Doctor Who makes it to german TV again (if ever).
And here I thought the pixie was weird.
Last edited by Batman on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Lindar wrote:so he's doctor who?
Not quite, he's just 'the Doctor', a time-travelling alien from the planet Gallifrey. He looks human, and is quite similar to a human, but beyond the external appearances; he's got two hearts and the ability to change actor every time he dies as a method of cheating death. (Long story, it's just called 'regeneration')
ok then what is a TARDIS?
A TARDIS, standing for Time and Relative Dimension in Space, is an all-in-one time machine and a space ship. It can travel to any point in time and space within a few minutes, and it resembles a police phone box from the mid-twentieth century. The TARDIS is bigger on the inside than out; it hasn't been given an upper-limit, but lower-limits do include the fact that it has its own personal swimming pool, control room, massive wardrobe and a connection to the Eye of Harmony.
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Batman wrote:
The Sword That Was Broken wrote: And I'd recommend actually sitting down and watching Doctor Who...
I'll be sure to remember that when Doctor Who makes it to german TV again (if ever).
Psst... You Tube Is Your Friend
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

The Flash Plugin, alas, is not, nor is my provider, but thanks for the link nonetheless.
Akalie
Acolyte

Post by Akalie »

Alllllllllllllrighty, in this picture we got myself as a swank f'in mandalore, Comrade Tortise, and Village Idiot as Jeds, and Sharkbait in that pimp officer outfit. But this was for the ep3 premire, not really halloween ^.^:

This is what i wore for halloween... basic but good, black undershirt, black slacks, and a nice red dress shirt:
Hes my hero. <3

Gaming is bad - âBecause apparently Master Chief and Batman are double teaming your daughter while you sleep.â
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

I find Akalie's signature mildly disturbing.
Akalie
Acolyte

Post by Akalie »

Thankee ^.^
Hes my hero. <3

Gaming is bad - âBecause apparently Master Chief and Batman are double teaming your daughter while you sleep.â
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

That wasn't a compliment, actually. :wink:
Scottish Ninja
Initiate

Post by Scottish Ninja »

You of all people should have learned what sort of people congregate here by now.
[img=left]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/ ... vilwar.jpg[/img]Dakarne: That's no moon...
Dakarne: it's London.

Thank god for Tennessee Harold Ford protecting us from nuclear vegemite. - Petrosjko
Major Reilly: Air Command
"They can shoot me dead, but the moral high ground is mine" - The Doctor
Batman
The Dark Knight

Post by Batman »

That doesn't mean I approve of it.