[MSPaint; My turn] Akula Ship

ART: Movies, Pictures, Music the stuff that could be considered Art by some people

Moderator: frigidmagi

Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Ahem... bloody hell that's big.

Nice enough ship though.
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

That is very awesome. I want one. :razz:

I'd been wanting to comment on this since seeing it on SDN. I just love the general styling of it, especially the fins on the back, and the Valkyrie-style paintjob gives it the perfect touch. :grin:
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Shipmaking is infectious... and we need a Star Wars ship summoned up out of nowhere anyway :razz:

EDIT: as clarification; that means that I'll be trying my own skill at this type of stuff. Starfighter to be precise.
Last edited by Narsil on Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Repost from SDN:

Update.

I redesigned the anterior end of the Blast Phaser Mount fairing and added bleed vents for ejection of any atmospheric gases which enter the BPM when its door is open for gunfire. I also designed the Blast Phaser weapon itself as well as three concepts for a transatmospheric torpedo. Two are one meter calibre, while the third is 1.2m calibre.

I also drew in the wings for the side view and corrected the anterior ends of the nacelles for geometry with respect to the wing sections. They are really the same four-fold radial symmetry, but they now take into account the wing section shape.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Oh my god...

A firing Blast Phaser! That's very excellent work, and pure awesomeness. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Ra on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

More Fun With Blast Phasers.

Another point on the power vs fire rate curve.

A third point on the curve, this time quite a bit more emphasis on per-shot power.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

[repost from SDN]I'm having entirely too much fun with this thing...

FUN WITH BLAST PHASERS!

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Einhander Sn0m4n on Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

Name: Akula

Role: Fast Attack/Heavy Assault Ship.

Crew: Twelve Officers, up to thirty enlistees.

Performance, Warp: Warp 9.6 max cruise, Warp 9.99 (8000c) 12-hour Max, [CLASSIFIED] Emergency Max; 15000c declassified speed.

Performance, Sublight: .9c max Impulse; 5000g Acceleration.

Performance, Atmosphere: Mach 7 at 100kPa and 273K (sea level on Earth); pressure hull rated to withstand 150 atmospheres (15.2MPa).

Armament, Primary: One Spinal Blast Phaser rated at up to 600 gigawatts (four petajoules [one Megaton] per shot at 10RPM or one petajoule [250Kt] at 40RPM); per-shot firepower and firerate are infinitely adjustable and inversely proportional to each other at any given power input up to the maximum capability of the main reactor feeding the weapon.

Armament, Secondary: Two twin pulse-phaser cannons rated at 10 gigawatts per barrel; two single-barrel pulse-phaser cannons rated at 15 gigawatts per barrel.

Armament, Tertiary: Four Edgetech phaser strips rated at 7.5 gigawatts max continuous output; arrays positioned for 360° spherical coverage.

Defense, Primary: Regenerative Shield System rated for 100 gigawatt-seconds continuous dispersion.

Defense, Secondary: 25cm neutronium-impregnated ablative armor divided amongst five overlapping 5cm thicknesses; 10cm tetraburnium-duranium alloy pressure hull.

This ship is the militarized production spinoff of a much smaller experimental high-speed warp-dynamic testbed aimed at determining how fast a Miranda-derived hull configuration, combined with an advanced warp core and nav deflector design, can be made to go. It is greatly scaled up from the testbed design and fitted with all the systems a modern Starfleet combat vessel can be expected to have, including a very large example of an innovative weapon type known as a "Blast Phaser". So far speeds of fifteen kilolights for the Akula prototype have been publically acknowledged.

The ship is atmosphere capable and submersible up to a depth equivalent to 150 atmospheres or fifteen megapascals.

The three things about the ship that really get one's attention are its graceful, flowing, sleek lines, its beautiful pearlescent blue-white hull, and the multitude of sharp, sharklike wings and fins. The ship is highly warp-dynamic and aerodynamic, conveying a sense of enormous speed and grace. Its unusual color is the product of its neutronium-impregnated ablative armor, of which the ship sports five layers. The fins are actually advanced neutrino radiators designed to dissipate the enormous heat generated by the ship's very powerful reactor system. They also house many of the ship's sensors, warp-field-control elements, and shield emitters.

Note: Ship will have two torpedo launchers flanking the primary Blast Phaser weapon; as yet not installed.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

Given it was done in MS Paint that's not half bad, Ein.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Einhander Sn0m4n
Apprentice

Batman wrote:Given it was done in MS Paint that's not half bad, Ein.
I'm seriously experimenting with Paint.net. So far it seems quite massively more powerful.