DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

ART: Movies, Pictures, Music the stuff that could be considered Art by some people

Moderator: frigidmagi

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by Dark Silver »

So...the past month or so I've given my hand at doing video reviews of toys.....

Cause I'm a sad sad man who needed something else to do with his hobby.

So here I will share the video reviews I'm doing of Transformers toys I'm collecting.

Suggestions for improvement always encouraged - let me know what I can improve, or what just doesn't work.

So...yeah.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#2 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by Dark Silver »

[youtube][/youtube]
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#3 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by Dark Silver »

[youtube][/youtube]
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#4 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by Dark Silver »

[youtube][/youtube]
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#5 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by Dark Silver »

[youtube][/youtube]
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#6 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by Dark Silver »

[youtube][/youtube]
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#7 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by Dark Silver »

[youtube][/youtube]
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#8 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by frigidmagi »

Hey, I had a shockwave when I was a kid... Good times.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

#9 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by Josh »

Shockwave was awesome, much more fun blaster than Megatron's lame Luger. Also somewhat more durable, Megatron lost a leg very quickly, the only trick with Shockwave was to not lose the detachable barrel assembly.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#10 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by frigidmagi »

Man... That fucking barrel. I managed to keep it for years and what happens? Dad loses it when I move out. I mean it's not like I was using it but it's the principal of the thing.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#11 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by Dark Silver »

I never actually had a Shockwave figure when I was a kid (I had very few Transformers when I was a kid...parents wouldn't buy them for me. But they did get me Dino Rriders....though never that gods be damned Tyrannosaurus Rex).

So this is technically my very first G1 style Shockwave.

My Transformers has almost become embarrassing....thankfully the girlfriend appreciates my geeky qualities - and is even willing to be an enabler when it comes to the special days that gifts are required.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#12 Re: DS Reviews - Toys! Mostly Transformers.

Post by Dark Silver »

Two more reviews:
A Third Party company's take on Mirage from the Sunbow Cartoon
[youtube][/youtube]

Then a look at Takara's Masterpiece line take on Ironhide and Ratchet.
[youtube][/youtube]