"TransForm and ROLL OUT!"

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#1 "TransForm and ROLL OUT!"

Post by LadyTevar »

Yes.. it's the new Transformers cartoon, now showing on Cartoon Network.
:thewall:
:hangem:
:nutkick:
:nukeem:

The artwork is bad enough. The voice acting is worse. The scripts ... hell, this makes the worst G-1 episode look like high drama.

:banned:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Terrible.

None can hope to match the breadth of character shown in the G1 episode "Kremzeek."
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

hey now

Keemzeek was a funny episode for G1

But if this new show makes "The Girl who loved Powerglide" look like Shakespearen theater, there is only one option

Nuke it from orbit.

with Unicron.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Fuck, you think Unicron would touch this? It'd give him indisgestion!

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Dark Silver wrote:But if this new show makes "The Girl who loved Powerglide" look like Shakespearen theater, there is only one option
I can sit through 'The Girl Who Loved Powerglide'.

I could not sit through this.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

WEll, I went ahead and managed to see TF Animated. I'm a TransFan....I have to at least give it a small go......or an attempt despite what I've been told..

It opens up good, it's clips from various GenOne episodes, with a voice over about the history of the Great War......

that lasts all of twenty seconds, then it promptly goes to utter shit.

I fast forwarded it after the Nemesis shows up, and I get to see Megatron's new body and hear his new voice (Which was provided by the same VA which used to do Shockwave's voice in GenOne). They reuse alot of the old GenOne sounds (iincluding the Transforming sound) Overall, Megatron is a nice homage to the original - he's got a very similar look - even if the head sculpt is more like the movie Megatron - and the fusion cannon on his arm even sounds like the GenOne cannon....and shoots big purple bolts of doom.

We find out in this, Ultra Magnus actually is in command of Cybertron, and Optimus Prime is apparently a washout from the Autobot Academy or something, since Sentinal Prime all but says it.

But beyond that...Starscream's voice is a nice homage to Chris Latta's work...Black Arachnia's voice reminded me of Max from Batman Beyond, Blitzwing is seriously, the most annoying thing on the fucking scene when he shows up....

After the Nemesis goes into the heart of a star, I have to fast forward it....it makes no sense. The show started off so nice with the GenOne clips.....but went all down hill.....

sigh.......

bring me back the days of GenOne and Beast Wars....
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

They made Prime a DROPOUT!?!?!? :shock: :evil:

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Well..not a drop out.

Apparently despite the fact he's a Prime, and he's been through the Autobot Academy (whatever that was), he wasn't cut out to be anything more than a maintence bot.

Sentinal Prime evn says it when Prime contacts him "They still letting you actually lead bots around?" and in his tone, and Ultra Magnus is even worse, in telling Prime he's sending REAL Autobots to handle the situation....

and if you thought Rodimus Prime was bad for his "boo ho, I'm not Prime" sthick.....at least Rodimus had a reason to be emo...he couldn't hope to live up to the greatness that was Optimus Prime (GenOne).

This Optimus Prime's whole thing is "but I want to be a hero! But Ultra Magnus says I don't have the programming to be one...boohoo...."

Still..there's some good throwbacks to GenOne...like when Prime dies near the end, he greys out...to bad the annoying lil badly animated human kid brings him back to life with her Deus Ex "Key" given to her by the All Spark.

Seriously...it's not all that good...I made myself suffer through it...and yes..it makes "The Girl who loved Powerglide" look like high theater.

On the upside....At least Starscream's VA kept harkening me back to Latta's work......

Oh, and Prime's VA is just..not doing it for me. Prime's VA is the one whose been doing the voices for the Various Megatron's sense Beast Wars...he does a better Megatron than a Optimus Prime.

Rachet is like a older crustier version of Kup, with some Ironhide and Rachet thrown in....I seriously think they got Kup's old VA to do that role to....cause fuck if I didn't think "Kup!" when I first heard him speak.

Bumblebee is fucking annoying....seriously..Hornet is more pallatable than BB is in this show...Prowl is the Ninja who is to cool for school, but by the end of the 90 mins, "learns the value of teamwork" (how cliche...)

Seriously..stay far the fuck away from this steaming pile of crap....
The only good thing about it, is Starscream remains true to what he was...only he has more balls now.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Fastest death and rebirth of Prime... EVER. I mean seriously...

Anyway. Overall it fails. The artwork is unique, but it's too simplified, I don't like it. Some of the VA are pretty good, Rachet and Starscream at the top. Megatron is decent. Prime's is... decent... the rest of the Autobots are utter crap for VA. Blitzwing showed potential until he went three-face on us, though I admit I chuckled at his part.

Overall plot, it was decent in my opinion, probably on par with your average G1 episode. But this show is probably only gonna go downhill from here.

In short, I put it above Beast Machines and Armada based off of this one episode, but below Beast Wars and G1. I really didn't like Beast Machines or Armada, even though they do have better artwork.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Wait... Emo Whiney Wuss Prime? Okay this is not on. This has to be a joke. A real bad, unfunny joke. This is where you all get together and say "HAHA! Gotcha! Fooled Magi!"

Seriously.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

frigidmagi wrote:Wait... Emo Whiney Wuss Prime? Okay this is not on. This has to be a joke. A real bad, unfunny joke. This is where you all get together and say "HAHA! Gotcha! Fooled Magi!"

Seriously.
*Gently turns Magi around and hands over GI Joe vs. Transformers, WW2* Look at the shiny railroad gun Shockwave is.. Yes.. Don't look at the bad..
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.