Galactus vs DC's Earth

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

#1 Galactus vs DC's Earth

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

VS

It's Galactus going to devour DC's Earth, while all heroes and villains on Earth unite against him. Here's the rules:
(1) No ultimate nullifier...
(2) ...but Galactus is as weak as he was during the Death of Galactus comicbook miniseries (but mind you, he was still damn powerful even when in such condition).
(3) No divine intervention. For example, the Spectre won't be around to help the Earth.
(4) Other planets like Thanagar or Rann may send their fleet to aid Earth. See, it's just like in the Death of Galactus where various galactic factions sent their fleets to aid Shiar against Galactus.
(5) No Silver Surfer; no other heralds either.

So who'll win? Will Galactus devour DC's Earth, or will Earth successful in repelling the planet eater?
Last edited by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

At what point during DC Earth here?

I mean are we talking silver age, golden age, modern age, what? Can Supes toss around planets? Has Captain Marvel gained his insane faster then light travel speeds and access to magic?
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

To expand on B4's point, it makes a major difference wether Galactus faces 21st Century Earth, 31st Century one, leave alone either aided by the Green Lantern Corps (even ignoring the theoretically absurdly huge capabilities of Power Rings). Then there's people with extremely ill-defined power limits (BESIDES the aforementioned by B4 differences between eras and writers)...
Offhand I'd have to say 'I haven't the foggiest'.
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Could a being like Galactus exist in the DC universe without the GL Corp and others swarming him?
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Sick, Twisted Fuck

I forgot to mention that the Earth in this scenario is the post Infinite Crisis Earth; you know, the 21st century DC's Earth we're currently reading today (like the story where President Luthor put one billion dollars bounty on Superman).

As for the GL corps, nope. They won't be around except of Earth-based GLs like John Steward, Kyle Rayner, and Guy Gardner.

Well, the reason I made this scenario is because I wonder if DC's Earth is able to stop Galactus in his weakened state as described in the Death of Galactus miniseries. See, in the story, Galactus was weak due to hunger, but the combined forces of Avengers, Fantastic Fours, Gladiator, Starjammer, and the fleet of various space nations still failed to hurt him (it was Reed Richard's specially-created devices that did the trick). I wonder if DC's Earth (JLA, Titans, even villains, etc) can do better.
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

Lord Iames Osari
Initiate

Post by Lord Iames Osari »

I believe the real question here is, "How much time does Batman have to prepare?" :wink:
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

As for the GL corps, nope. They won't be around except of Earth-based GLs like John Steward, Kyle Rayner, and Guy Gardner.
Not my question. My question was can someone like Galatus even exist in the DC universe without getting swarmed under by legions of interstellar do gooders.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Sick, Twisted Fuck

frigidmagi wrote:Not my question. My question was can someone like Galatus even exist in the DC universe without getting swarmed under by legions of interstellar do gooders.
They should swarm him whether he's heading for Earth or not, but for the purpose of this scenario, let's say that other GLs are not around.

Although I also wonder whether the entire corps can stop Galactus or not.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Well, at least Ghost Rider can't walk in and hit him with a Penance Stare....

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

LadyTevar wrote:Well, at least Ghost Rider can't walk in and hit him with a Penance Stare....
That has got to be the cheesiest, most contrived, yet coolest smackdown I have ever watched on a TV show. :cool:
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina