Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#1 Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by LadyTevar »

The International Version of the trailer was leaked and rapidly spread over social media. Disney was starting to crack down, Marvel was on Twitter blaming Hydra. However, instead of playing 'whack-a-mole' trying to stop the flow, Marvel released the trailer on their YouTube channel and made it Official.

[youtube][/youtube]
Fixed the Youtube For you - DS

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#2 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Dark Silver »

I love James Spade doing the voice for Ultron - then again he has that silky voice which is perfect for the type of roles he plays. . . Alan Shore, Redd Redington and now Ultron.

The teaser wasn't afraid to show off Ultron himself and how dark it could get - especislly with that "no strings on me" in the background.

I can't wait for this.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#3 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by frigidmagi »

The use of no strings was a nice touch. Made it very creepy.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
frigidmagi

#4 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by frigidmagi »

"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

#5 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Josh »

To make the youtube work, just delete the 's' from 'https'.

Looks interesting, though it saddens me that Ultron is a Stark creation and not an Hank Pym creation, unless that was a false rumor.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Lys
Master

#6 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Lys »

They are making an Ant Man movie. I have no idea why they would ever think that would be a good idea, but they are. It would make sense to use Hank Pym's creation of Ultron as a way to introduce the character. I don't know who fast dude in the trailer is, the Flash is DC Comics, not Marvel, but I think the girl with the glowy hands may be the Scarlet Witch.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
The pretty flowers remind me of a song of elves.
Josh

#7 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Josh »

Lys wrote: I don't know who fast dude in the trailer is, the Flash is DC Comics, not Marvel, but I think the girl with the glowy hands may be the Scarlet Witch.
...that would be her brother Quicksilver.
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
Lys
Master

#8 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Lys »

Huh, this is the first time I've heard of this Quicksilver character, I didn't know Scarlet Witch had a twin brother. For that matter, I didn't know she was Magneto's daughter until I looked Quicksilver up and saw his parentage. Wait, does that mean Scarlet Witch is a mutant? I thought she was, you know, a witch. Like how Doctor Strange is a wizard.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
Josh

#9 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Josh »

Nope, total mutie and perpetrator of the greatest act of mutant genocide to happen outside of various Sentinel-laden alternate futures. Look up House of M next.
Lys
Master

#10 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Lys »

Genocide seems too strong a term for millions of mutants losing their powers, it's not like they died.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
frigidmagi

#11 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by frigidmagi »

To be fair, she was crazy at the time. I honestly do find a sad that that someone with a cool backstory and long history of heroing is now reduced to "She got rid of most of the mutants."

Although I don't think we can it genocide, the mutants weren't killed just depowered. Some hated it, some loved it and others just moved on. It was done because bluntly the writers were whining that there were to many mutants and they didn't want to deal with the implications of a large mutant populace.

*And ninjaed by Lys :P
Josh

#12 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Josh »

Fair point, and it was a nice housecleaning on an ever-burgeoning mutant population.
Lys
Master

#13 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Lys »

Of course, with mutants reduced to such a small number, one is left to wonder how they're different from all the various superheroes. They would no longer seem like such an existential threat, no?
Lys is lily, or lilium.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#14 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by General Havoc »

That's always been the unstated question about the whole Marvel Mutant thing. Why, in a world with ten thousand ways to be a Superhero, is one particular way of being a superhero so heavily marginalized?
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Lys
Master

#15 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Lys »

It kind of made sense when the mutant population was large and getting bigger. Most heroes were one of a kind and limited in numbers, whereas mutants existed by the thousands and eventually millions. There was the question of how to control such a gargantuan population of superpowered folk, and the fear that eventually normal humans would up opressed and them replaced by them. It was mostly a matter of scale. You remove that, though, and there's little left to distinguish them from all the other superpowered folk.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#16 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by LadyTevar »

Back to Ultron:

It almost seems like Tony is the one who makes Ultron, from the voice-clips. We see that Thor is pissed at him over something, the rest of them are getting beat down, and worst of all we see something cracked Capt's shield in two -- even Mjolnir didni't do that!

frigidmagi

#17 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by frigidmagi »

Last I heard it was confirmed that Tony made Ultron in the movies. I can kinda see why.

Look at this way:

Tony makes armor (IN A CAVE! OUTTA BOX OF SCRAPS!)
Almost dies
Avengers happen, shield is making super weapons, aliens invade, attack his home.
Tony almost dies, riding a nuclear missile for our sins. Gets PSTD
Iron Man II happens, other companies are making super weapons, Tony is making superweapons. Asshole turn damaged vets into bombs.
Pepper almost dies, Tony destroys Armor trying to stop the cycle.
Captain America II happens, Shield makes super battlehelis that can wipe out millions of people in seconds. Tony is unarmed and to far away to help Cap. While Rogers and him aren't close, he does respect Cap and the fact of the matter is everyone Tony cared about was on that list.

And there wasn't shit Tony could do about it. Because he didn't have his armor. Because he has to sleep. He has to eat. He wants to be with Pepper and live like a human being every now and again. He needs a backup. An alternate.

Something that can keep things safe. Something that won't make mistakes because it's tired. Or hungry. Or angry. Or prideful. Or out of place... Something that won't make mistakes because it's traumatized.

You know now that I think about it, the theme of super weapons that are more dangerous then what you were trying to guard against is a theme in the Marvel movies as is the idea that acting aggressively to ensure your safety will bite you on the ass. We see that in Thor, when his aggressive acts to safeguard Asgard get him banished and almost start a war. Loki's fucking with the Casket of Winters almost destroyed him. In Captain America, Skull's obsession with making super weapons using the cosmic cube lead to his death (or does it?)... Via the cosmic cube! Tony's own weapons came back to bite him twice in his first movie! With the attack that started the whole thing and Stein's creation of Iron Monger. In Avengers, it was SHEILD'S mucking about with the cosmic cube (to build weapons to protect against weapons like those Loki unleashed on a small town in New Mexico) that drew Loki's and more importantly Thanos' attention in the first place!
Do I even need to spell it out in Winter Soldier?

Now clearly it doesn't show up in every movie, but this does seem to be a common theme in the Marvel movies, that the weapons you make can just as easily be a threat to you as opposed to protection.
Josh

#18 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Josh »

General Havoc wrote:That's always been the unstated question about the whole Marvel Mutant thing. Why, in a world with ten thousand ways to be a Superhero, is one particular way of being a superhero so heavily marginalized?
Well it has been stated and discussed before actually, just not in-universe.

The funniest part is how would anybody know you're a mutant if you don't tell them?

"Why yes, I got my powers when a bucket full of magic goop got struck by an ultro beam from the moon, then tipped over, fell onto my pet chihuahua, who went batshit and peed all over my rugs, which released fumes that a rare Skrull mosquito inhaled, which then topped off from my cat, who then fell into a dimensional vortex and chased out a three-headed space mouse which got into my apartment and hid in the microwave, which accidentally turned on and then it exploded and while I was cleaning it out I got some on my skin and..."

"Okay okay already we don't care Mouseman. Just suit up, Dr. Doom has shrunk the Statue of Liberty down to human-size and is doing unspeakably graphic things with her on live TV. Avengers assemble, etc."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#19 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Dark Silver »

The problem seemed to stem from the time before there were Super Heroes in the Marvel Universe - Mutants are seen as a impure genetic cast off (when technically they are a widely divergent forms of the evolution of mankind - and really, why would evolutionary process be so vastly different person to person even within the same region? Something wacky is going on there).,

When Superheroes started coming about post WW2 (and post Captain America) - they somehow managed to get good publicity, Normal looking Mutants could manage to sell off their powers as otherworldly gifts I suppose if they wanted, or gained by accidents - but those born with Mutations which wouldn't allow them to so easily hide in plain sight?
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#20 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Dark Silver »

Incase it was missed . . .

During last night's Agents of SHIELD, Marvel release a extended trailer - including a full scene from Avengers 2

[youtube][/youtube]

That scene just makes me even more hyped...
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#21 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Cynical Cat »

I love that we're getting Rhodie and that they're all chilling in civies in the opening scene.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#22 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by LadyTevar »

Of course Tony took that as a challenge. I love that Thor is just drinking his beer and grinning. I do think that Thor had a moment of worry when Capt tried. There was a brief bit of movement, yes?

Lys
Master

#23 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by Lys »

I found what the haunting song they play in the trailer is. It's a slowed down and remixed version of Barbara Streissand's cover of "I've Got No Strings" from Disney's Pinnochio. Makes sense in the context of Ultron's comparison of the Avengers to puppets, and his eventual triumphant declaration that he is free.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#24 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by General Havoc »

It's worth noting that in the comics, Cap has canonically wielded Mjolnir before.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#25 Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Leaked!

Post by LadyTevar »

Lys? You didn't recognize the song immediately?
But you're so right, he's Pinnochio gone over the edge.