Agents of SHIELD Season 2 (SPOILERS!!!!!)

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#1 Agents of SHIELD Season 2 (SPOILERS!!!!!)

Post by LadyTevar »

HERE THERE BE SPOILERS!! DO NOT BITCH, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

So, the new season is off and running. They are giving us an action-packed start, now we just need to see if they can take the energy they had from the end of last season and continue to build a solid show.

We can see already they're not afraid to permanantly harm characters. Poor Fitz. Simmons had left him with Skye months before, hoping he'd do better without her presence. I don't even think Fitz knows she's gone.

Next, we have new Agents. Ones who never learned the "look but don't touch" lesson. Brave men and women, who are sacrificing much for the Cause. Lucy was great. Not sure on the other three yet. Hope they stick around.

Every show needs a good Villian. The Absorbing Man fits perfectly. I don't know if he's ex-military, but he is smart, a trained killer, and knows how best to use his abilities.

The snippet of Agent Carter and the Fighting Commandos was sweet. I liked her quip about keeping away not just from Hydra, but also from people like Stark who'd want to tinker with it. Thus, the very first 084. Why? Because that seems to have been the box number given to that particular box. Thus, anything weird they found from that point on was nicknamed an 084, and it became a classification.

So, now we have that 084, an "obelisk" that either burns or petrifies human flesh it comes in contact with. A pity we didn't see what it does to the Absorbing Man, but I did mention he was smart, handling it with rubber gloves. Still, the obelisk was flashing interesting patterns. Patterns like what we saw Garret and Coulson drawing.

I'm not sure I like that they brought back Ward. He is trying to be a 'good boy', but I don't trust him as far as I can throw the bastard. There's also the question of how much he actually knows, versus what he'll actually give, and WHY he'd helping now. I fear he's just trying to manipulate Skye all over again. Thankfully, she's studying under Mai.

And lastly, we find out there was a second objective. The team can now 'go dark' again. It's not the Bus, but it will do for now. Maybe Fitz can be brought out long enough to retro-fit the Bus. I just wonder what the others think of the one-sided conversations, when Fitz needs a word and can't find it.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#2 Re: Agents of SHIELD Season 2 (SPOILERS!!!!!)

Post by Dark Silver »

The Absorbing Man was a interesting choice for Villain, and it works well.

Poor Fitz....until Coulson's narrative over the ending bits, I thought Simmons was still there. Hopefully she comes back.

Skye is shaping up to be a fine Agent - hopefully she doesn't fall prey to Ward's game.

I knew there was still Hydra everywhere, but damn.....that's a lot of Hydra. Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D. will have a lot on it's hands dealing with them AND Tolbridge.

They have a QuinJet - finally something to work with. I would have thought the Playground would have had a few of those in stock - guess Fury couldn't requisition enough toys in his hidey-holes.

Too bad Lucy is dead and gone, be interesting to see what happens with the Mercs now. I am sure they will "See the Light" soon enough and go full Agent.

Can't wait for next week's episode.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#3 Re: Agents of SHIELD Season 2 (SPOILERS!!!!!)

Post by LadyTevar »

It annoys me that Lucy kicked off so soon.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#4 Re: Agents of SHIELD Season 2 (SPOILERS!!!!!)

Post by Dark Silver »

Absorbing Man is dead, Hydra does not have the Obelisk (but Reyna does) AND it works for her!

And apparently we get to meet Skie's Dad.....and the Obelisk works for Reyna without killing her.

Oh, and SHIELD now has The Bus and a Quinjet back online....both with cloaking tech!
Fitz has someone he can talk to, finally.....

....What the hell Simmons!
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.