Heroes (spoilers possible)

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

Hotfoot wrote:Re: paintings and the future

[spoilers]The explosion that destroyed New York happened in the daytime, so it's still possible that it could happen, given that both of them survived and Peter still doesn't have control of nukey nukey. I have to admit, I kind of figured Nathan would fly Peter off in the clincher, given Peter's visions.

So far, very little that was shown in the future has been disproven. In fact, so far, nothing has strictly been thrown out. I get the feeling it will all come to pass next season, thanks to Hiro screwing around with time.[/spoilers]
It's possible that could happen. Sylar (and presumably Peter) are still alive apparently, so there are two walking nuclear bombs still somewhat in the vicinity of NYC who could blow it up the next day.

However, from the online comics (which are considered canon) it would seem that the city had not gone boom the next day, as two days later Micah and Niki are back in Las Vegas and worrying over D.L. in the hospital. Micah was *supposed* to die according to a painting but did not. Ando was taken back to Tokyo, and unless he immediately buys a ticket and gets on a plane to fly back to New York (which is at least a twelve hour flight) just to get himself killed to fulfill the comic prophesy, he's probably going to be alright.

While I'm here, I think the comic finale had a cooler ending than the TV finale.
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Keep in mind that in that particular comic, the "two days later" refers to two days after Hana died in reentry, not two days after the election. It's much more likely that Micah and Niki made it back to Vegas lickety split (via Nathan, perhaps) that night and somehow Micah went back later that day somehow.

Also, again, don't discount Hiro showing up and teleporting everyone or, heck, Peter, since he could do it in the future.

If you want a truly horrific possibility, by the by, imagine Sylar chomping on Future Hiro's brain....
Last edited by Hotfoot on Wed May 23, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.