Heroes Who Don't Kill

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

Narsil
Lord of Time

Post by Narsil »

Cynical Cat wrote:If DBZ characters kill, they shouldn't be brought up because this is a thread about characters who don't kill. And then there is the good taste reasons . . .
I was correcting him with the fact that Goku does kill, and has killed quite a bit. And my good taste in fiction is yearning to drop the DBZ issue because every time I remind myself that I used to actually like that crap, I feel like hanging myself.

As for heroes who do not kill; Spider-man seems to have a very low (and probably nonexistant) bodycount. As far as I know, anyway.
Ali Sama
Initiate

Post by Ali Sama »

Narsil wrote:
Cynical Cat wrote:If DBZ characters kill, they shouldn't be brought up because this is a thread about characters who don't kill. And then there is the good taste reasons . . .
I was correcting him with the fact that Goku does kill, and has killed quite a bit. And my good taste in fiction is yearning to drop the DBZ issue because every time I remind myself that I used to actually like that crap, I feel like hanging myself.

As for heroes who do not kill; Spider-man seems to have a very low (and probably nonexistant) bodycount. As far as I know, anyway.
I also mentioned dare devil. Has he killed ayone? He tried to kill fisk but failed.
I don't think peter has killed anyone. not directly.
actually when you think about it. Goku isn't a super hero. he is more the martial artist who fights bad guys but does ot go out of his way to be a hero.(btw the anime is crap. i woudl avoide it like the plague, I did grow up on the comic thoguh).
as far as other heros who don't kill.

Has optimus prime killed anyone?

darkwing duck?

spiderman in ultimate verse has not killed anyone, Neither has thor in that universe. He is more of a pacafist then anything. though the new issue might change things.

monkey D luffy! all of his opponants are still alive in the comic. They would be heros in a way. As they go around helping people and fighting the ones who oppress them. Zoro, the bounty hunter though, dang, he has a bodey count.

Gon from hunterXhunter has not killed anyone. I don't know if he qualifies as a hero though.

iwish i was more well read. I could help.
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
Charles reed March 21, 2230

My live Journal
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

frigidmagi wrote:Iron Man, I think Tony can find it in himself to kill.
I don't quite remember the number of the issue, but the story is about woman named Aisha who was (gradually) turned into a cyborg-like abomination when she wore Tony Stark's early design of GI battlesuit. The battlesuit ran on a very primitive AI that insisted to stay alive no matter what, so Aisha couldn't even commit suicide despite her endless agony (the battlesuit kept her addicted to a certain drugs that were distributed by Temugin's minions).

Suffice to say that Aisha came to Tony, ask him to kill her and ending her agony, but Tony just didn't got the stomach to destroy what he had "created". Aisha beat up Tony quite badly, but he kept refusing to kill her. Eventually, she injured Pepper badly; killing her unborn fetus.

Throughout the story, Tony had been shown to be reluctant to kill Aisha despite there was good reason to do it (to end her suffering).

Furthermore, when an Iron Man armor went sentient and became a murdering maniac with a childlike personality (and killed Whiplash as well), Tony hesitated to kill "it". When the armor eventually committed suicide to save Tony from heart attack, he still tried to save it despite the crimes it committed ("no, I can still fix this! Let's go back to the lab!" or something).

Considering the stories above, I guess Tony is a non-killing superhero. Don't know about Jim Rhodes though.....
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

Post by Batman »

WRT Aisha that'd be Iron Man (Vol. 3) 50 and 53 through 55 and Aisha was still alive and well at the end of that. (Well she was still in one piece and upright, anyway).
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

Batman wrote:WRT Aisha that'd be Iron Man (Vol. 3) 50 and 53 through 55 and Aisha was still alive and well at the end of that. (Well she was still in one piece and upright, anyway).
Ah yes. Iron Man vol. 3 no. 50. It was also Aisha who blown up Temugin's base.

I still wonder why Tony refused to end Aisha's suffering by killing her....
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.