Heroes (spoilers possible)

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Yes, I believe there was an entertainer in Wild Cards who had the Deuce of being able to create his own laser light show. Not very useful but entertaining. The term Deuce came from him if I recall correctly. During an interview with Aces' Digger Downs in which he stated something to the effect that if compared to the likes of Peregrine, Croyd, etc being Aces then he must have been a Deuce.

And you forgot Typhoid Croyd syndrome. The possibility that he could reinfect you with the wild card making you a joker, an ace joker, or flat out kill you.

The Black Queen didn't always require a fatal change. In many cases there was no real change save on a cellular level that didn't affect outward appearance, only killed the person. And the most famous case of the Black Queen was of course Demise. The Eyes of Demise...
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Typhoid Croid isn't a syndrome, it was Croid Crenson(who's powers change every time he sleeps) getting the "spread the Wildcard like the plague" power. That's it, a single incarnation of the Sleeper not a syndrome that is manifested in multiple different cases.

As for the Black Queen, a change on a cellular level that kills you is a fatal transfomation.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

I thought he had changed other people afterwards?

Or was it someone else who had the ability to supposedly cure the wildcard?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Water Lily gained a new Ace from being exposed to Typhoid Croid. She could cure the Wild Card by having sex with that person.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

thats who it was...
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

Alright, back on topic now. Lots of things to talk about from this episode.

Got a bunch of things explained, like why Nathan hates his flying power so much. Finally got to see Syler. Niki's personality disorder. Stupid psychic cop adds the dyslexia cliche (if they've mentioned before that he's Italian, don't tell me, because my brain may be protecting me from that. Good brain. Caffeine for you tonight). And some other stuff.

Man, poor Hiro. He finds the girl of his dreams, his Marle (as he says in his blog) and then he can't save her. Can't even kiss her. You just want to give the guy a hug. Well, I do. He needs to be cut a break.

Side note - I saw the trailer for next week and the first thing I thought was, "Does Claire ever take that damn cheerleading costume off?" I mean, come on, I only wear the band uniform once a week at most during football season, and then only on very specific times and for very specific reasons, namely that there's a football game and we have to wear the damn things. Yeah, like running around in a blood-soaked cheerleading costume isn't suspicious. At least if I was running around in a blood-soaked band uniform, I'd emit a Someone Else's Problem Field or the equivalent Nobody Notices the Blue Telephone Box Field. Right? A blood-soaked band member running around New York or Texas or whatever is weird enough to probably overload people's brains so they'll just nod and go on their way so as not to have to process that a blood-soaked marching band geek just ran by. A cheerleader, though? That won't do it. I blame perverts. [/rant]
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

The've metioned The cops dyslexia before.

And Hiro... awwwww *pouts* poor guy.

Nikki is a cold cut case of DID.

I know how you feel about Claire. But yanno, least from the begining she was a half decent person.

ohoh and I wonder who dies next week.... Prolly mika's Dad yes?
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

Rukia wrote:The've metioned The cops dyslexia before.
Cliche-man! Reads minds, and has all the standard issues! I have a good brain that protects me from bad things.
I know how you feel about Claire. But yanno, least from the begining she was a half decent person.
Agreed, but I really wish she'd wear something else on occasion. I get it already - she's the cheerleader. I wear my band geekiness on my sleeve without literally doing it all the time. Just much of the time. It's amazing how much band paraphanalia I've accumulated. Band shirts, band jackets, band glasses, band hats, band shoes, etc.
ohoh and I wonder who dies next week.... Prolly mika's Dad yes?
The important thing in my mind is that it can't be Hiro or Peter, because they have to meet up later. ("Sorry. I didn't recognize you without your scar.") But yeah, probably Micah's dad. Or maybe Niki, because it'd be way too damn obvious if the dad was to die, and TV shows just don't do that.

Quote of the episode: "Great Scottu!"

Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

Mayabird wrote:Quote of the episode: "Great Scottu!"
Indeed. So Cute.
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

HIRO WITH SWORD VS. T-REX!!!!

Actually, I'm not sure that it was actually a T-rex. It looked like it had three claws on his hands, when T-rex actually had just two on its vestigal arms. Maybe an allosaur instead. Maybe Isaac's power wasn't quite up to properly doing dinosaur anatomy. At any rate, totally kickass.

Also some other stuff happened, but I like dinosaurs and I like Hiro and I like swords, and the combination is just so cool it makes me want to wet myself. Well, not really. Maybe make a sandwich.

B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

One interesting note is that in the painting Hiro doesn't have his trenchcoat or goatee at that point so it's safe to assume that he lives through that event. In fact he's still wearing his glasses and the same jacket he's wearing in the picture so it presumably happens in the very near future.

The whole bit with Peter is just getting weird. You see the man that Issac painted that's covered in flames in one or two scenes in this episode and then suddenly Peter apparently explodes. The flame man has never been previously explained. But where does Peter suddenly get this power? I have two thoughts on that one, but more or less the same with minor differences.
1) The man(can't think of his name) who had the nuclear power is close by and Peter is using his power or
2) Sylar killed said nuclear man and took his power and now Peter is borrowing it to kill him.

Which still doesn't explain his precog ability unless he really is modeled after Rogue and has gained a bit of Issac's ability permanently. Or perhaps a mix of Issac and Hiro's allowing him a more intimate precog ability.

Any why oh why is Claire in her cheerleader outfit at the end of it all AGAIN? I mean not that I'm complaining, the girl's hot. I'd definatly want to be her hero but that's beside the point... But still. Get a wardrobe! Switch to black fishnets or tight leather at least... :twisted:

Also, we know that the Haitan man who works for Claire's dad has the power to make people forget. Now here's my question, is the power to block other mental powers his? Or Claire's father's? While he was standing outside at one point when Sylar was being talked to, I don't believe he was in the second instance. His prescence at the police station during the interview with Claire may possibly be a throw-off. I'm willing to be a little money that Claire's dad is a metahuman as well with some sort of mental block or power block. It would explain why he had no fear of Sylar or of the girl with the persuasian power...
Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

*sniff* no Heros til '07. how sad.

About Peter 'exploding': Him borrowing power from Nuclear Guy makes sense, but maybe it could also be some kind of power overload, from being in the proximity of all the other Powers. Back in Texas, anybody have any ideas on what was causing him to cough violently, stagger, and eventually pass out? I noticed it didn't happen until after he met with the cop, but no idea if that has to do with anythign.

I didn't think of that, Mr. Bennett being the one with the power block ability. Unless he can turn it on and off (and why would he turn it off), Claire's power wouldn't have worked while they were near each other (I can't remember if that ever happened).

I was bummed about what happened with Eden. Not so much character/story wise, but because I think Nora Zehetner is really really really amazingly good looking.
"Well, I wouldn't argue that is was a no holds-barred, adrenalin fuelled thrill ride, but there is no way you
can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."
-Sgt Nicholas Angel, on Point Break

"You gotta look Death in the face and say, 'Whatever, man.'"
-Hurley
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

I'd have to watch again to see exactly when Peter started looking kinda crappy. It might've started after his vision of Syler in the cell. I thought I remember him looking a little pale then.

Is Mr. Bennet trying to protect Claire from his unnamed shadowy bosses? He was really eager to keep her name off the list and keep her powers a secret. He said while watching her tapes that it broke his heart, not something you'd think he'd say if he was just scared for her safety because of Syler coming after her.

I guess we'll have to find out in January.

Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

Okay, the series has started back again, so I guess I'll try to revive this thread.

I really don't have much to say, except that Linderman guy is obviously being set up as some sort of villain who has some connection with this whole superpower manifesting thingy. Also, I'll be pissed if he turns out to be Mr. Bennet's boss. That's all for now.

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

We did see the scene of Hiro and the Dinosaur at least. :lol: But what a damn LETDOWN!

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

About freakin' time the special effects budget started getting blown. You'd think they'd have plenty of money from all the gratuitous product placement. They're about as subtle as The Truman Show with none the parody.

Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

"Not a scratch on the Versa"

I wonder if we'll see more of Stan "The MAN" Lee in the next episode. By 'wonder' I actually mean 'hope.'

I hope Peter keeps up this trend of being bad ass and cool, and doesn't revert to his whiny, mopey form.
"Well, I wouldn't argue that is was a no holds-barred, adrenalin fuelled thrill ride, but there is no way you
can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."

-Hurley
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

yeah I saw Stan and I squeed. I admit it.
Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

B4UTRUST wrote:yeah I saw Stan and I squeed. I admit it.
I saw his name in the credits and was waiting, just waiting, alll episode for him to show up. Maybe he'll give Hiro a turning-point motivational speech a la Mallrats, and get him back together with Ando.

-Hurley
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

"Hiro, being a superhero is more then just a flashy sword and destiny talk. It's about giant flexible genitalia. Just read my comics, you'll see..."
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

Yesterday's episode was awesome. The story behind Bennet, getting Claire, and why he's been protecting her. I really felt sympathetic towards him. He loves his daughter so much that he's willing to take a bullet and get mind-wiped to protect her from his bosses.

Who include Mr. Nakamura, who may or may not know about his son's power. I'm leaning towards knowing but powerful enough to keep the rest of the company from going after him. Anybody else think that kidnapping to "make him return home" and "be vice-president" could have actually been a ruse to bring Hiro into the superpower company fold? Bring him home and then let him on and the secret? I'd be pissed off too if my son tricked me at my own game which he doesn't even realize. Or maybe a test? You can never tell with these big secret shadowy organizations of evil and doom.

Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

Yeah, they revealed quite a bit of interesting stuff about Mr. Bennet, and the Organization, which was cool.

I always thought Hiro was older, but i guess he's only 25 or so. He looked about 10ish in the flashback, no?

-Hurley
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

I have missed every episode this season. :cry: stupid work.

I need to catch up...

B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

The backstory was interesting, but I don't know. It felt to me a bit forced maybe? Like all of a sudden everyone just ties together neatly to form the story. And everyone is tied together somehow. Nothing is accidental, nothing is coincidence, nothing is simply random.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

B4UTRUST wrote:The backstory was interesting, but I don't know. It felt to me a bit forced maybe? Like all of a sudden everyone just ties together neatly to form the story. And everyone is tied together somehow. Nothing is accidental, nothing is coincidence, nothing is simply random.
Nah. It just ties Claire, the Petrellis, and Hiro together. Isaac and Mohinder, for example, are uninvolved in the big conspiracy. The only real change is they now have good reasons to have George Takei show up in the show, as he is not just Hiro's dad, but a mover in one of the behind the scene's conspiracies. And more George Takei=the good.