Talkback: Marvel's Secret Invasion

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 Talkback: Marvel's Secret Invasion

Post by Dark Silver »

or "How the Skrulls will fuck Marvel Earth!"

So the first issue of Secret Invasion came out this month with "Secret Invasion #1".

A sect of the Skrull race, apparently, have been infiltrating Earth, ever since the end of the Kree-Skrull war. They used genetics to modify their shape shifting abilities to allow them perfect imitation of whoever they want. They can now fool magic, mutant senses, and technology.

So the Skrulls are coming for Earth, in a big way. What does this mean?

So, talk back, discuss, exploit, pognify, etc etc here.

So far, witht he first issue, all I can say is, Marvel Earth looks right fucked right now.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

And we care ... why?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Meh...-shrugs-

It could potentially mean a lot of what's passed in Marvel will be "reset". If it holds true, then Iron Dick isn't Iron Man, Wankverine isn't Wolverine, and the Captain America who died like a bitch isn't Capitan America.

I just thought it'd be a interesting topic of discussion - Bendis is writing this, so it could be decent.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Oh yay... Zero Hour for Marvel? :roll:

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

something like that

it kinda looks like the Skrulls kidnapped a lot of the heroes since the 70's.....Luke Cage is in his 70's clothing and look for example when he comes off the Skrull transport.

Between this and Final Crisis for Marvel, while it may not be a super year for comics, it'll be....somewhat half assed interesting.

And Honestly..since they killed Cap, I ain't paid for a Marvel comic, and I won't be paying for these. But I will read them....
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Right now, the only comics I'm following are the Transformers. I really don't have any interest in DC or Marvel... both have just gotten to the point I have no interest or care in what they do.

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

If that's the case Tev stop posting in threads about Marvel and DC comics. I'm currently refusing to read Marvel comics and you don't see me running in to boo.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Hey, he asked for discussion :lol:

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I read Thor and my friend's Punisher. He also collects DC, but most of that is complete shit except for the Wildstorm universe, which has its moments.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Well, to be honest....

IDW Transformers won't be having much happening, the next series (Revelation) doesn't start till July...and even then, it'll be done in four "Spotlights" instead of a normal run...

Also the next couple of Spotlights between look to be crap....aside from spotlight Grimlock (which isn't due out till June...) and I'm dreading the upcoming "Spotlight Wheelie"......

So Secret Invasion will bide my time till then....

Well, unless "All Hail Megatron" comes out early....
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

The IDW StarScream movie tie-in should be interesting :wink: