Batman: Assault on Arkham Talkback (DCAU)

F&C: Dwarves, Superhero's and Catgirls, oh my!

Moderator: frigidmagi

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 Batman: Assault on Arkham Talkback (DCAU)

Post by Dark Silver »

The newest DC Direct-to-Video Animation has released - and it's a Task Force X (aka Suicide Squad) video.

It's currently out on digital distribution, to be released to Physical Media on August 12.

Set in the same universe as the Batman: Arkham video games (in fact this takes place after Arkham: Origins), the movie follows the Suicide Squad as they attempt to break into Arkham Asylum for Amanda Waller.

My Thoughts: Eh...it was OK. I have been spoiled by series like Young Justice with it's tight storytelling - but from what I know of the Suicide Squad comics, it was about right, I do like the things I've noticed taken from the Arkham Video Games. I'm trying not to do spoilers since it probably won't be seen by many until it's out on Video, but there was some...interesting bits here and there.

Harley's Voice reminded me a lot of Arlene Sorkin's (She was voiced by Hynden Walch aka Starfire of Teen Titans), as did The Joker's remind me of Mark Hammill's (Joker in this one was voiced by Troy Baker) - so much so I had to actually look up the voice cast on Wikipedia to make sure it wasn't Hammill and Sorken themselves.

It's edgy, in ways that previous DCAOM's aren't - there's highly sexual stuff for a Comic Movie, (Harley and Deadshot doing it for instance), and lots of tension between Killer Frost and King Shark.

Not to mention the killing. Oh man is there a body count in this movie.

It's definitely better than "Son of the Batman", but that's not setting the bar high. I'd like to see more of the movies in this fashion, overall it was a good one.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.