Prelude to Axanar (Star Trek fanfilm)

SF: Not to be confused with SyFy....
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#1 Prelude to Axanar (Star Trek fanfilm)

Post by Cynical Cat »

So there's going to be a big fan production with professional actors about the Four Years War with the Klingon Empire and the Battle of Axanar. They're Kickstartering it in pieces and with the latest piece have a 20 minute documentary style film up. Go watch it.

It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

#2 Re: Prelude to Axanar (Star Trek fanfilm)

Post by Josh »

Okay yeah I want to see this.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#3 Re: Prelude to Axanar (Star Trek fanfilm)

Post by rhoenix »

Holy shit. I have to admit, I'm impressed.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
rhoenix

#4 Re: Prelude to Axanar (Star Trek fanfilm)

Post by rhoenix »

In watching the 20 minute trailer for this again today, I am even more impressed than yesterday. This is truly a labor of love for the medium of Star Trek, and it shows.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
rhoenix

#5 Re: Prelude to Axanar (Star Trek fanfilm)

Post by rhoenix »

From wikipedia:
wikipedia wrote:Raising $650,000 through creation and release of Prelude to Axanar, Gossett and Peters are now in pre-production for the feature film Star Trek: Axanar, with production slated to begin in September 2014,[16] and filming expected to commence by December for a 2015 release.[18] The original plan was to raise financing "in chunks" toward an estimated $650,000 goal, but the funding campaign was more successful than expected and raised the entire amount.[12] Approximately $200,000 of the funding happened in the campaign's final 49 hours, after George Takei shared his interest publicly, bringing production more than six-times the originally sought amount of $100,000.[18] Announced cast includes

Alec Peters as Captain Kelvar Garth, commanding officer of the U.S.S. Ares NCC-1650
Richard Hatch as Kharn the Undying, Klingon supreme commander
J.G. Hertzler as Captain Samuel Travis, Captain of the U.S.S. Hercules
Gary Graham as Soval, Vulcan Ambassador to the Federation
Kate Vernon as Captain Sonya Alexander, Captain of the U.S.S. Ajax
Tony Todd as Admiral Marcus Ramirez, Starfleet Commander in Chief
Michael Hogan as Captain Robert April, first Captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701, and
Garrett Wang as Captain of the first Klingon D-7 cruiser[19]
Neil deGrasse Tyson and Seth MacFarlane have been invited to join the cast. Tyson would play the President of the United Federation of Planets and MacFarlane would play one of the Federation starship captains at the Battle of Axanar.

- William Gibson