Sci-fi links (WIP)

SF: Not to be confused with SyFy....
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

#1 Sci-fi links (WIP)

Post by Stofsk »

This will be a repository for various sci-fi links to give members of LA some convenience in their web browsing.

TV SHOWS AND MAJOR SCI-FI FRANCHISES: PRINT MEDIA COMPUTER OR ROLEPLAYING GAMES: If you have anymore links you want to post, feel free.
Last edited by Stofsk on Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Games

Huge compilation of info on Warhmmer 40K

Mostly focuses on the Astartes and their damned traitor brethren, but it touches base on other topics as well.

Classic Battletech

Fanpro's official website. Hopefully they're not going to fuck CBT sideways with a log like they are in the process of doing to Shadowrun.

More as they occur to me.

Chris, would you also want links to science fiction oriented webcomics like Free Fall?
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Stofsk
Secret Agent Man

Post by Stofsk »

Yes. Anything sci-fi related can have a link here, even if it's a game or comic. Yes we have forums for those, but that's no reason to exclude it from a comphrensive link database.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Way I see it on games is that discussions of the universes can reside here, whereas discussions of the games themselves, mechanics and so on, can go in C&G.
(And discussions that blur the distinctions can just happily rest where they started.)

I lost my link to Freefall, but I'll dig it up.
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
Josh

Post by Josh »

Freefall, the kickass science fiction webcomic.
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

No list of Stargate websites can be complete without Gateworld. It's not official, but it's as close to it as you'll find in a fansite. Not only does it have extensive information on both shows, including transcripts for many episodes and an encyclopedia, it's also home to interviews with cast and crew of the shows (ranging from the actors all the way up to the executive producers) and a large, active forum community, on which cast and crew also post.

In a different vein, Starship Dimensions is a site that shouldn't be missed. This site compares the sizes of ships from many different sci-fi settings. It really has to be seen to be believed.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

www.ditl.org is an interesting Star Trek site
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Jason_Firewalker wrote:www.ditl.org is an interesting Star Trek site
Graham Kennedy's site. I love the arbitrarily high numbers for Star Trek weaponry and shields, completely without any supporting citations or evidence. Garbage.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

DITL is useless for figuring weapons and shield capabilities, but it is a useful resource for ship sizes, compliments, and standard armament (ignore the energy figures in the weapons).

Of course, that's about the ONLY thing DITL is good for...even when I was using it for my Trek Games in the old Utopia-RP board days.

Oh, and Kennedy's fiction is rubbish.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.