FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

FFGD: For the Developers of the Final Flamwar JRPG series....were we make the video games.

Moderator: Dark Silver

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Dark Silver »

So I got around to doing MOST of the Li'barc city, (it's missing a few interior maps, but that'll be done in the next day or two), and decided to offer up a "playable" version of the level for general feedback.

So...yeah....you can download the level at the link below, give it a install and please offer up feedback. At this point, the town and interior maps can all be changed, I'm open to suggestions on changes and tweaks to the map.

Final Flamewar 3: Li'barc Town Demo.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

#2 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

Any ideas on why my character automatically goes upwards? (Same problem in both iterations of the 5er Menace iteration of the game, incidentally).
'I wonder how far the barometer sunk.'-'All der way. Trust me on dis.'
'Go ahead. Bake my quiche'.
'Undead or alive, you're coming with me.'
'Detritus?'-'Yessir?'-'Never go to Klatch'.-'Yessir.'
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
'Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a sword a little'
'Run away, and live to run away another day'-The Rincewind principle
'Hello, inner child. I'm the inner babysitter.'
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#3 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Dark Silver »

no flecking clue. Something to do with your system or settings more than likely.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Batman
The Dark Knight
Location: The Timmverse, the only place where DC Comics still make a modicum of sense

#4 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

While I'm not exactly thrilled to hear that it's pretty much the answer I expected. Oh well.
'Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told.'-'Yes, sir. Certainly worthless, sir.'-'Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?'
Batman
The Dark Knight

#5 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

Oh, right. Given this slight difficulty my reports on how well this demo works might be far and few between
As in nonexistent
Bastard.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#6 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by LadyTevar »

Dammit... WinRAR is throwing a fit because I've never paid for it.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Batman
The Dark Knight

#7 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

LadyTevar wrote:Dammit... WinRAR is throwing a fit because I've never paid for it.
Odd. Never had a problem with that. One of us is using the wrong iteration of WinRAR :smile:
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#8 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by LadyTevar »

Ok... WinRar unpacked the Files, and Setup is done, but with corrupted, unreadable gibberish. There's nothing that says Demo in it at all.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Batman
The Dark Knight

#9 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

Corrupted unreadable gibberish during setup or after you actually launch the game? I couldn't read a thing during setup either (lots of question marks with the occasional-presumably-japanese character thrown in, but once setup was done, it worked (other than my character constantly moving upwards, which as discussed earlier is unlikely to be a problem with the game itself).
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#10 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Dark Silver »

I have no clue what the hell happened there...first time I'm really messing with RPG Maker, and i assumed the "Create Game Disk" thing would be easy...

STEVE
Steve
Master

#11 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Steve »

Urgh.... crap. The font file. You'll have to remember to package the font file.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Steve
Master

#12 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Steve »

They also didn't translate the install window stuff. The two clickable options are, if they're like RPGM2K, for putting as shortcut on your desktop and for including an uninstall executable (top and bottom).
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#13 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Dark Silver »

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I've managed to resolve the issue!

Click the link above (or click here) to download the NEW AND IMPROVED RAR for the Demo.

Simple decompress (unzip/unrar) the file to a folde on your desktop, and start the "RPG_RT" program, to give the town a walk through.

There's still unfinished sections of it (the two towers in the back and the "big house" along with the library and underground games pit - and the second story of the Inn). As before, input on the feel of the town is appreciated so I can make some changes to it (I'm sure there's parts that can be improved on) and the NPC's you can interact with (and what they say) are temporary.

Look forward to the feedback (probably still won't work for you Bats......sorry).
Batman
The Dark Knight

#14 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

It most certainly doesn't because all I get when I try either iteration of the link is a 404.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#15 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by frigidmagi »

I am also getting 404.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Batman
The Dark Knight

#16 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

Works now (well there's a RAR for us to download at any rate). Still unreadable though. Lotsa question marks and so on.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#17 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Dark Silver »

The link should be working. Took longer than I expected to upload it here on the work connection (a whooping 5kb/s....wow)

but yes, Unzip the file (make sure for those using winzip, you keep the file structure), and click on the "RPG_RT" file in the folder

If your having font issues (which you shouldn't, evrything SHOULD be readable - I checked it on a comp I had nothing installed to previously), let me know, and I'll upload the font file that has to be placed in your folder
Batman
The Dark Knight

#18 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

Works for me now at any rate.
Batman
The Dark Knight

#19 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

Well I'm officially out of ideas WRT my movement problem so unless anybody else has any brilliant insights it looks like I'm out of the testing process for keeps.
Batman
The Dark Knight

#20 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

And the Batman is back in as the 'continually moving upwards' problem somehow went away? :wtf:
Batman
The Dark Knight

#21 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

Just out of curiousity, is this project still on?
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#22 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Dark Silver »

It's coming slowly, I'm working on maps still, but Steve and I both are doing this in spare time, more than anything.

I think he's started back working also, so.....yeah. It'll just be slow progress is all.
Batman
The Dark Knight

#23 Re: FF3 Level Demo: Li'barc

Post by Batman »

It's just that now that Windows has decided to no longer hate the game engine for me I would be sad to see this project go down the drain. I've never been in a computer game before (well, yes, I've been in scores of them, but that was all in my official capacity. Never the real online me.) I was kinda looking forward to that.