FF3:ANT Locations

FFGD: For the Developers of the Final Flamwar JRPG series....were we make the video games.

Moderator: Dark Silver

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 FF3:ANT Locations

Post by Dark Silver »

So I'm going to be doing the map for the game....I'll leave scripting and dialog to others who are better equipped for it (until I learn the coding system for RPGMaker)

So What we need, basically, is a list of the locations and various maps needed for the game, and a base outlook.

We'll need at least 2 "Overworld" Maps, one for You'znew and one for the Web of Worlds

I intend to try to replicate the map found in FF:T5M to the best of my abilities (with some updates)

You'znet
Cities:
LibArc
SDnet
SB
BabTech
ASVS

Dungeons:

Web of Worlds
Cities:
Sanctuary
LibArc (Damaged)
Ghost of ASVS

Dungeons:
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#2 Re: FF3:ANT Locations

Post by Dark Silver »

Li'barc.png
Li'barc.png (382.36 KiB) Viewed 8165 times
Li'barc Town Map - still needs some touch up around the edges...but overall....
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Steve
Master

#3 Re: FF3:ANT Locations

Post by Steve »

Oh, we'll need more overworlds if we go with our most ambitious idea; multiple worlds visited by the protagonists.

I even did a test to see if teleports could be done in airship only, and I believe it worked (you set the teleport event to be "above" level), though this was almost 2 years ago so I might not be remembering properly. This would permit us to have people fly an airship vehicle between the Web and the various worlds.

As for the other worlds, we had ideas of basing them off themes. Youz'Net has sci-fi forum-based civs, so the other worlds would have civs based on other kinds of web forums.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#4 Re: FF3:ANT Locations

Post by Dark Silver »

Yeah, I figured.

This is part of the reason for the listing, that way I know WHAT maps/levels I need to design, while you do the major coding and storyline.

I'm doing the finishing touches on LibArc today (it'll probably be a oddity on You'znet cause LA isn't a Sci-Fi based forum unlike SDnet and SB or ASVS).

My next project is going to be the You'znet Overworld....I need to try to pull the map out of FF:TFM to try to replicate and update it some.
Steve
Master

#5 Re: FF3:ANT Locations

Post by Steve »

In my original idea, LibArc was going to be portrayed as an offshoot community from SDN. Which is pretty accurate to most degrees, IMHO.

We could put them in "Death Valley" (the desert area between ASVS and SB) and say that nature magic and such was used to undo the ecological damage that made it a wasteland.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#6 Re: FF3:ANT Locations

Post by frigidmagi »

I always saw LibArc as a fortress built around a games pit as the most accurate representation honestly. Our games forum is the busiest part of the site and is what draws in most of our new posters.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#7 Re: FF3:ANT Locations

Post by Dark Silver »

I can still change the area surrounding the city itself Steve, I wasn't sure were we would be putting LibArc on the map, so I just made it a little island thing.

And Frigid, I chose to make Li'barc a more ideallic Keep/Fortress on the surface, the Games take place within the Keep itself. in the back section, let the people have a nice visit in the town on their wait to the Games.

I'll throw up a "playable" version after I'm done the interior mappings.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

#8 Re: FF3:ANT Locations

Post by LadyTevar »

FACEBOOK

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers