Defeated the Sorceress. Now for Ascension.

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
Soontir948
Disciple

#1 Defeated the Sorceress. Now for Ascension.

Post by Soontir948 »

Ok, for ascension, I am planning on going on it as an Oxygenarian and taking the Moxie sign Wombat.
Meaning, I don't need to take out booze or food.

Shall I just ascend immediately or do I still need a couple items?
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

Try to gather as many of the little quest items as you can...the stuff for the meatcar, items for the cave, good low-level equipment. Unless you're going Hardcore, in which case it doesn't matter anyway.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

I'm going to go hardcore after this ascension. :D

But yes, it's going to be softcore oxygenarian.

Quest items, I'm going to have to look at those.
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

The ones I recommend grabbing:

Car items (cog, spring, sprocket, empty meat tank, meat stack, tires, shiny wheels)

Flyswatter

Tongs

Another cog and sprocket

Fairy Gravy

Catsup or Ketchup

Gourd Potions (they can boost you a few levels quickly)

4500 Meat to purchase the Moxie Magnet and the Ye Olde Golde Frontes once you can access the store

Asshat
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

Hmm, I should also buy a clockwork maid to get the extra turns too.

How many skills do we get to keep? One?
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Soontir948 wrote:Hmm, I should also buy a clockwork maid to get the extra turns too.

How many skills do we get to keep? One?
One per ascension.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

I would untinker your meat car and your meat maid, and then rebuild the meat maid but don't use it until after you ascend. Keep the meat car into its dope wheels and meat engine component. Also, you don't really need the cave items since that is not a mandatory quest. Unless you want that item, its not worth all the items you have to pull or find for the quest.

Also having a spare cottage on hand to use would be a good idea as well.

Plan on taking all the keys and stockpile some of the trapper items like the goat cheese, ores, and all the outfits. Since you won't get any adventures from food and drink, you should also plan on taking a dead watch, a imitation watch if you have it, and a TP meatcar if you have it.

Familiars you should take include the blood volleyball (for stats) or the cocoabo.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

Yea, there's the one thing I'm debating to myself in whether I should get Wax lips to put on my Cocoabo or not.

If I have a clockwork meatmaid in my inventory, it will be destroyed too?!

It's not a quest item and I only lose 70K if it is gone. So I am going to keep it intact and see what happens.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

Ok, I didn't lose my clockwork maid upon ascension. It's in my storage.

One more thing, I was compelled to become a Pastmancer and on top of that Hardcore!

I think I'll stay in it since, most of my items are for Accordion Thieves! Oy.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

Soontir948 wrote:Ok, I didn't lose my clockwork maid upon ascension. It's in my storage.

One more thing, I was compelled to become a Pastmancer and on top of that Hardcore!

I think I'll stay in it since, most of my items are for Accordion Thieves! Oy.
Was your Clockwork Maid in your inventory or on your campground? I wonder if you lose it if it is in your campground. That would not be very nice of them since it seems to take a while to make.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

Most likely the maid will be lost if it was on the campground. I was just terrified if I would lose my maid if it was in my inventory. :oops:
consequences
Acolyte

Post by consequences »

Hmmm, what to ascend as when I get around to it. Also what skill to keep.

Normally, as a Disco Bandit, this would be everyone's cue to scream "Cocktailcrafting, you dumbass!" However, I have a tiny plastic sword, rendering the drink benefits minimal. The minimum of an extra 4200 meat per day isn't anything to sneeze at though.

Decisions, decisions.....
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

You lose everything except your terrarium when you ascend...house, maid, scarecrow, fences...don't know about item makers, mine had just blown up when I ascended.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

consequences wrote:Hmmm, what to ascend as when I get around to it. Also what skill to keep.

Normally, as a Disco Bandit, this would be everyone's cue to scream "Cocktailcrafting, you dumbass!" However, I have a tiny plastic sword, rendering the drink benefits minimal. The minimum of an extra 4200 meat per day isn't anything to sneeze at though.

Decisions, decisions.....
Are you going softcore or hardcore?
consequences
Acolyte

Post by consequences »

Softcore almost certainly. Right now, I'm just killing time and rebuilding my money and supplies after killing myself to get the TPS. That, and waiting for the Spectral Pickle Factory to open back up.

I'm leaning towards either Pastamancer or Sauceror next, to get half of the Hell Ramen schtick down.
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

If you are going Softcore and building money, I would recommend the Cocktail crafting skill to sell drinks or items. As far as area, a Pastamancer in the Muscle Area can make a killing with the chowmeins since you have the Mushroom farm to get ingredients. You will find that dry noodles will be your main limiting factor.