Plexiglass (spoilers)

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
The Dark
Apprentice

#1 Plexiglass (spoilers)

Post by The Dark »

Ummm...holy cow. The Plexiglass Items at the bottom of the page might actually make Hardcore Oxygenarian worthwhile.
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

OK, I've worked out a path for doing the six Hardcore Oxygenarian Ascensions:

Pastamancer first. Skill kept: Spirit of Ravioli (+25% HP). Item acquired: Plexiglass Pocketwatch (-3MP for skills, +3 adventures per day, +30% Mysticality). This comes first because it strengthens the character for later Ascensions through the SoR. The steep requirements for using plexiglass means the watch is less important, but later in each Ascension it will be very useful.

Turtle Tamer second. Skill kept: either Amphibian Sympathy (+5 pounds familiar weight) or Skin of the Leatherback (damage reduction). Item acquired: Plexiglass Pith Helmet (180 power, +5 familiar weight, regenerate 4-8 HP and 4-8 MP after every adventure, +30% Muscle). The skill kept depends on whether you want a boost to your familiar or a boost to you. I'll probably go with the Sympathy, since I plan on using a BFG and BSV. The helmet also provides a 5-pound boost, so the two in combination add 10 pounds to any familiar.

Disco Bandit third. Skill kept: Mad Looting Skillz (item drops +20%). Item acquired: Plexiglass Pants (180 power, +25% initiative, +20% item drops, +30% Moxie). This is sheer item boosting. Assuming a 20 pound BFG, plus the Turtle Tamer gear, plus the Disco Bandit things, item drops are at +115%!

Seal Clubber fourth. Skill kept: Either Claws or Skin of the Walrus (boost melee damage or reduce damage suffered). Item acquired: Plexiglass Pike Pike (180 power, +25 Melee Damage, +10 PvP fights per day, Muscle +30%). This is another where the skill kept depends on whether you're offensive or defensive minded.

Accordion Thief fifth. Skill kept: Either Phat Loot Lyric or Antiphon of Aptitude (boost item drops or stat gains). Item acquired: Plexiglass Pendant (never fumble, have 4 songs active, +30% Moxie). I'd probably keep the Antiphon to help gain levels quicker; the percentage for item drops should already be high enough. The pendant is useful for the never fumble, but the song boost is only useful to an AT.

Sauceror sixth. Skill kept: Expert Panhandling (+10% meat drops). Item acquired: Plexiglass Pinky Ring (spell damage +30, resist all elements, Mysticality +30%). The Panhandling is a good passive meat boost, and one of the few passive skills the Sauceror gets. The Pinky Ring is very powerful for casters, good for other classes for the resistance.

Once completing all six and proceeding to a seventh Ascension, the full plexiglass outfit is very strong, with all three equipment slots at 180 power (and shirt potentially open for use), +60% to all stats, +30 spell damage, +25 melee damage, resistance to all elements, no fumbling, regeneration, familiar boosted, initiative boosted, and item drops boosted. It requires 75 in all stats to wear, though, making it a relatively late-game outfit.
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Nice. My ascensions aren't so organized, but then I'm just bumbling through the opening levels at present and playing with the new content.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

*shrug* I was just looking at the lists on subjunctive, with priority on passive skills. Besides, I'm a Spade...we're O/C about organizing things :P .