Easy Money?

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
Anonymous

#1 Easy Money?

Post by Anonymous »

Okay How do a lev 6 sealclubber earn some dough?
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Knoll Treasury is the only thing I've found that pays off decently. I'd love to know too.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

Work the mall and flea market. Look for items that are selling cheap in the mall and price them higher in the fleamarket. You can sell food items and booze to an extent easily this way. White Castle Burgers and the Evil Food items are good items to sell. Usually you can buy them for 100 and sell for 400 (200 profit).

Adventure in areas that drop sought after items. If you can get to the pirate's cove yet, then equip a pirate suit and you should be able to get spices pretty easily. Another way to get spices is to get trinkets from the sewer and visit the hermit when he is trading clovers. Return to the sewer and you will be able to pick 3 items (spices, trinket + other item). Repeat as often as you wish. Cook with herbs and other items to make the basic chow foods which you can then sell at the fleamarket or sell the spices directly.

Also, adventuring at the beach will give you coconuts but you might spend more money than you can make back . If you can see Fern's tower yet, then it is very profitable to go after disembodied brains.

If you get a clover, go to the Spooky Forest and get a bowl of lucky charms. If you are lucky you might get a leprachaun which will give you more meat in your adventures.
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

Knoll mushrooms (from Degrassi Knoll) sell for about 4000 meat each. You can sell them in the Flea Market in town. Disembodied brains from Fenswhatever's Tower usually sell for about 6000 meat each.

Also, if you need some quick cash, you can grab a Warm Subject Gift Certificate or two and use it. Those will get you 400-500 meat each.
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

At the flea market grab the box and Chef's hat sometimes when they drop below 1.5k which are good deals. Sometimes they're unloaded as low as a 100 meat due to unsuspecting noobs. They usually go for 2k and 2.5k respectfully in the flea market.

Another venue to sell at is the trade channel.

If you're in the bat cave, don't use any baseballs you get. If you have more than one, sell the extras. They're going for 7K in the Mall right now.

By the way, you have access to the mall right now. So it's best to check prices there for yourself to. The market is always changing.
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Soontir948 wrote:By the way, you have access to the mall right now. So it's best to check prices there for yourself to. The market is always changing.
God is it ever. When I first got a store, the Jumping Bean Burritos were hot sellers, starting at ten and dropping to eight k before I unloaded my stock. Now they're in the toilet at under 2k, last I looked.

If you still have your Oriole Feather Headdress, check the current mall price- it's a good seller because the only supply for those are new characters. Some of the quest items are like that, others, like Goblin King's Crown, suck.

You can make it in the game without playing the market and the mall, but you won't get rich on adventuring alone.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Nephtys
Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Us hard-core ascended have problems with money and supplies, as we can't buy or sell. Anyone have an advice other than keep hitting the damned treasury? Because new skills are darn pricey, yes... as is that initial expendature to get craft kits.
"I like me"
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thank you for the tips, sold some brains. :)
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

Nephtys wrote:Us hard-core ascended have problems with money and supplies, as we can't buy or sell. Anyone have an advice other than keep hitting the damned treasury? Because new skills are darn pricey, yes... as is that initial expendature to get craft kits.
Hardcore sounds, well, too hard for me right now. But here is a very good site that you may like Nephtys: +http://kol.thraeryn.org/wiki/Hardcore_Strategy

They have a hardcore strategy section and the forums seem to be helpful as well.
Soontir948
Disciple

Post by Soontir948 »

My god, Faram. You got one million out of selling brains?
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

Soontir948 wrote:My god, Faram. You got one million out of selling brains?
:shock:
But....Brains sell for only 6100 apiece on average. How did you find that many?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Considering he's also got a Coffee Sprite for a familiar, methinks somebody hocked a Mr. Accessory.

We're set for the next three clan buffs now, guys. It's all good. If we keep building our overall clan wealth, we can also start buffing on non-stat days.
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
Skadi
Apprentice

Post by Skadi »

Petrosjko wrote:Considering he's also got a Coffee Sprite for a familiar, methinks somebody hocked a Mr. Accessory.

We're set for the next three clan buffs now, guys. It's all good. If we keep building our overall clan wealth, we can also start buffing on non-stat days.
Yay! As soon as I get out of Ronin, I can start contributing to the stash again. One thing we may to watch out for is buffing on days when members are trying to battle the Naughty Sorceress. This is not necessarily the permanent training buffs but the temporary ones that only raise a certain stat. Be careful about doing clan wide temporary buffs that for example raise only moxie as those battling the NS will have a more difficult fight: (She scales with your stats and the amount of damage she does to you is inverse to your moxie I believe). She is not a very nice lady sometimes.
Josh

Post by Josh »

A single full permanent buff to any stat costs 78,300 per buff, with a max of fifteen per day. A single full temp buff costs 52,200 with a max of fifteen or per day. Far as I'm concerned, the temp buffs are a total waste of meat, so I haven't bothered with them.
The Dark
Apprentice

Post by The Dark »

Next three clan buffs should be Muscle, Muscle, Mysticality respectively. I'll see if I can help scrounge up enough Meat to aid with the upcoming Moxie day, since I know that's where I'm hurting right now. My evasion rate is pathetic in the zone I'm supposed to be clearing out.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Petrosjko wrote:Considering he's also got a Coffee Sprite for a familiar, methinks somebody hocked a Mr. Accessory.
Give the man a cookie :)

Sold an accessory for 6.5 in the trade chanel.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Faram wrote:
Give the man a cookie :)

Sold an accessory for 6.5 in the trade chanel.
I think the market is dropping on them a bit, but last time I looked they were selling for 8 mil in the mall. If you want to sell another one, I'd recommend going through somebody with a store.
sketerpot
Acolyte

Post by sketerpot »

Pr0n legs are an excellent seller. They're used to make consumable items and, oddly enough, they're not much less expensive than the items you make with them.

I can get 4000 each! My money supplies are excellent! Hooray!
consequences
Acolyte

Post by consequences »

Dungeons of Doom. Small boxes will quickly net you at least 1600, large boxes can go for 4000+, and the killer bee goes for 4500+ when you get it. Plus, royal jelly is decent for buffing the muscle characters, even if its not so good for adventures.

I've been fiddling around there gathering money to purchase Ascension supplies, and buffs for my multi.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Buy Lucky Surprise eggs.

Consume them.

Find a rare.

Hock it for millions

Be like me and find the lucky Susie and pawn for 10mil! *does the happy dance*
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
consequences
Acolyte

Post by consequences »

B4UTRUST wrote:Buy Lucky Surprise eggs.

Consume them.

Find a rare.

Hock it for millions

That's how I got the money for my tiny plastic sword. It works, but you have to be prepared to put a few hundred K into the effort.
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

consequences wrote:
B4UTRUST wrote:Buy Lucky Surprise eggs.

Consume them.

Find a rare.

Hock it for millions

That's how I got the money for my tiny plastic sword. It works, but you have to be prepared to put a few hundred K into the effort.
Not necessarily, if you're willing to spend a lot of time fishing doodads out of the sewer to get clovers and then make the lucky surprise eggs yourself. At a certain point it'd probably be better to just buy cocoa eggs to save on buying new chef-in-the-boxes or new parts when they explode from the long job of making eggshell fragments into cocoa eggs. Unless you're one of those lucky bastards who gets the expensive exploded food a lot.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I got exploded food and drinks...
but none of it ever seems the expensive type
-mutters-
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.