Ascension Advice

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
Nephtys
Acolyte

#1 Ascension Advice

Post by Nephtys »

Should I ascend? I'm level 13, and just finished the NS. Now, I'll probably stock up on a few items first while I'm still high level, but I'm thinking. Is Hardcore worth it? Especially Hardcore with one of the limitations? Your reward from a hardcore with limit is like... 3 peices of super food/drink, which give 50 or so substat each. But is that worth not eating food or booze?

And help from the outside is REALLY important to the game, even if it's just buying stuff. So, gimme advice. I love my Pastamancer's food options, and I'm thinking either Sauceror or Disco Bandit. Ideas?
"I like me"
Nephtys
Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Also, for familiars. What would be more helpful do you think: Coffie Pixie, Gravy Fairy, Blood-Faced volleyball or Cocoabo?
"I like me"
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

I'm partial to the Cocoabos, and Disco Bandits get to make the booze.

As for ascension, I'm holding off in order to build a proper financial machine for the clan. Once I've rebuilt my previous fortune and set up a distribution chain so I can ascend Petro, I will. I'll probably hardcore him just for the fun of it.

Plus I want to hit the Spectral Pickle Factory at full speed with all three characters and stockpile the Brine and so on. If we can mass assault the place, we can insure wealth for the whole group.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Nephtys
Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Speaking of. What does the clan need in particular? I'll try to seek some stuff while I'm working. If anyone wants to donate noodles to me, I'll gladly turn those into chow meins of various kinds though. The parts are cheap, but noodles are not. :P

I guess I'll try for a hardcore, and dump most of my consumables in the clanpit.
"I like me"
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

Noodles? NOODLES?

I've got like thirty noodles. Stand by to be deluged.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain