The system is down, yo.

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

#1 The system is down, yo.

Post by Mayabird »

Yeah. As the title says, KoL is down. There's a bunch of threads up in the forums (http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/) where Jick apologizes profusely and explains the situation. Even once it's back up, there might still be some big problems involving trades, inventory from the mini-storage, and ascension skills and items.

Giving everyone a heads up, in case you start wondering what the heck is going on and why your items are screwy and why is Jick apologizing about "White Wednesday."
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

Saved by my own extremely slow play-rate.
On the plus side, we'll probably get some nifty award or memorial item thingy out of it. :wink:
Arbiter of Benefaction

"Even in the darkest of suffering, a man can sleep, but for the man who inflicts that suffering, there is no rest, ever." -Ishbala
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

*grumbles* Gonna lose a day's worth of activity, probably. Can't remember if I did all my adventuring within six hours of reset or not. And I'm this close to my first hardcore ascension for all my characters, too... I don't want to spend another day leveling the stupid familiars...

Best part is that whatever funny item we get will just be going into storage soon anyway. GRAAGH!
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

Very good chance of everything in Hagnk's Storage reverting to Sept 6th. Lasko is boned. S/he had some nice things there. Or at least a lot of things. Just started my first ascension, too. Shucks.
"Well, I wouldn't argue that is was a no holds-barred, adrenalin fuelled thrill ride, but there is no way you
can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."
-Sgt Nicholas Angel, on Point Break

"You gotta look Death in the face and say, 'Whatever, man.'"
-Hurley
Josh

Post by Josh »

I can't even remember when I ascended. I only had one character with anything in storage, though.
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
Dalton
Secret Agent Man

Post by Dalton »

Hrm, I might wind up with a couple more Mr. Accessories and another Golden Mr. Accessory.
Rob "Uncle Roby" Dalton | http://www.daltonator.net

"Always in motion is the future..." -Yoda
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Dalton wrote:Hrm, I might wind up with a couple more Mr. Accessories and another Golden Mr. Accessory.
I've lost at least one Stainless Steel item, and a few hundred thousand in items.

Bleargh. Getting enough for any of the special items? Very slow going like this.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

We could have a clan item-replacement fund for people who lost it all or want to replace something good that doesn't necessarily count as a rare. This would be aside from all the stuff stashed away in the Clan Stash.

Me? I'll just have to replace the 150 strawberry wines I'd just gotten for myself. (I thought I'd go for the leaderboards.) Oh well. It wasn't that expensive, and I can beat up penguins in the meantime.

Dalton
Secret Agent Man

Post by Dalton »

I lost everything I had in Hagnk's. Crap.

Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

Fortunantely, I seem to have escaped unscathed, plus a time stone and two sets of cola armor.

What exactly did you lose Dalton? Tertiary still has some clan funds left (I've already sent some to you Mayabird.)
Arbiter of Benefaction

"Even in the darkest of suffering, a man can sleep, but for the man who inflicts that suffering, there is no rest, ever." -Ishbala
Josh

Post by Josh »

Urgh. I lost over a hundred and sixty adventures toward Ascension for my three mains. Not to mention some quick scores on necessary Barbed Wire Fences.

But otherwise unscathed.
Dalton
Secret Agent Man

Post by Dalton »

Pure Sabacc wrote:What exactly did you lose Dalton? Tertiary still has some clan funds left (I've already sent some to you Mayabird.)
Every item I had after I Ascended that I didn't take out of Hagnk's. I still have my six million meat though.
Last edited by Dalton on Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

My Ascending character lost everything in Hangks, which is annoying, but there wasn't anything nice enough to raise a big fuss about. Just a whole crapload of normal stuff, which *hopefully* I'll regain anyway on this run. Lost my tats also. Oh well...
"Well, I wouldn't argue that is was a no holds-barred, adrenalin fuelled thrill ride, but there is no way you
can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."
-Sgt Nicholas Angel, on Point Break

"You gotta look Death in the face and say, 'Whatever, man.'"
-Hurley
Mayabird

Post by Mayabird »

Did anybody lose a spooky hockey mask that they can't live without? I just found one in my beanbag chair (lucky me, huh?) and I can send it to someone who needs it.