do I really want to ascend?

KoLA: Ask questions and seek answers for Kingdom of Loathing
Hedgecore
Apprentice

#1 do I really want to ascend?

Post by Hedgecore »

After a billion tries, I've finally beaten the NS, my first time ever. So ascension: seriously, should I? I've got a nice shop, and a large amount of mear. If I'm gonna go, I'd be going hardcore oxygenarian, 'cause i figure, if you're gonna do something, do it badass-like. But then I wouldn't have my lovely shop, and all my junk, and my campground stuff; the pvp stuff, I've never even used.
Or, I could try to dump everything onto my alt, and have him re-open the shop...that'd be a pain in the tuchas.

Also, if/when I do ascend, what should I make sure to do beforehand?
Last edited by Hedgecore on Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I wouldn't argue that is was a no holds-barred, adrenalin fuelled thrill ride, but there is no way you
can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."
-Sgt Nicholas Angel, on Point Break

"You gotta look Death in the face and say, 'Whatever, man.'"
-Hurley
Pure Sabacc
Imperious Underling

Post by Pure Sabacc »

I would recommend ascension. If you don't do it, you miss out on a lot of content, and things get really boring really quickly. As for prep, if your doing Oxygenarian, there really isn't much you can do to prepare except place your best and favorite familiar in your party. Its the only thing that stays with you at the same level when you ascend (I'm assuming this is the same for Oxygenarian, I've only done Teatotaller.) I would recommend a Cocoabo.
Arbiter of Benefaction

"Even in the darkest of suffering, a man can sleep, but for the man who inflicts that suffering, there is no rest, ever." -Ishbala
Hedgecore
Apprentice

Post by Hedgecore »

wellll....I done did it. I went through the thingy and started the whatzit. So, i guess Lasko will be out of contact for a bit, seeing how I'm hardcoring it. My other guy, Hedgecore is still available for skill exchange and whatnot.
"Well, I wouldn't argue that is was a no holds-barred, adrenalin fuelled thrill ride, but there is no way you
can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."
-Sgt Nicholas Angel, on Point Break

"You gotta look Death in the face and say, 'Whatever, man.'"
-Hurley
Mayabird
Leader of the Marching Band

Post by Mayabird »

You can still put stuff in your shop while you're in Ronin/Hardcore and change prices, but you can't get the money until you're done with Ronin/Hardcore.

Me? I'm in no hurry to Hardcore it. I probably will eventually, but I like playing the game for stress relief and being silly. Though I have to say all that special equipment looks really sweet.
I :luv: DPDarkPrimus!

Storytime update 8/31: Frigidmagi might be amused by this one.