La.com Chats

LAD: Where we design a lot of things, and talk about stuff we may or may not do with the site.

Moderators: B4UTRUST, Dark Silver, Josh

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 La.com Chats

Post by Dark Silver »

I've managed to find a excessively low cost, and seemingly efficient chat server for the site. I've sent Adam the program to look over the source code, and at his leasuire to install if it meets his excessively high standards.

So...since we have the software now, and it'll be browser based, come my minions, and let us decide on what we will do with our new toy.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Robert Walper
Adept

Post by Robert Walper »

Could the Emperor be so kind as to elaborate on the new technology he has acquired to rule this realm and his minions? :wink:
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

basically put, it is a browser based chat similar to ICHAT Rooms! Chat, PHP with a Flash Interface. You create a username and password, log into said chatserver, and interact in realtime with everyone logged in.

It has multiple rooms, and users may create thier own rooms, create private or hidden rooms, and even password protect thier rooms.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

FLASH interface?

*crosses legs*

And this again raises the question of OpenRPG, does anyone here have any experiance with it?
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

It only uses Flash for the actual loading of the interface, as a front end, everything else is done with php, witht he database being a MySQL database.

It's functional and decent, like I have stated, I have given the sourcecode of the program to Adam, for his disection and perusal.

If he gives the yeah or neigh, then we shall proceed from there.
Rogue 9
Master

Post by Rogue 9 »

Ace Pace wrote:FLASH interface?

*crosses legs*

And this again raises the question of OpenRPG, does anyone here have any experiance with it?
We would again need a place to stash character sheets. See the 3e Profiler thread.
The Paladin's Domain, My Blog (Updated 5/18/2009)

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." -- General John Stark

"A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle.
A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat.
Do not forget the difference."

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." -- G. K. Chesterton
Ace Pace
Antisemetical Semite

Post by Ace Pace »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Ace Pace wrote:FLASH interface?

*crosses legs*

We would again need a place to stash character sheets. See the 3e Profiler thread.
We have both room for that and the databases in fucking Spades. One thing this server apprently dosn't lack is databases.
[img=left]http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Ace/acewip7.jpg[/img]Grand Dolphin Conspiracy
The twin cub, the Cyborg dolphin wolf.

Dorsk 81: this is why I support the separation of Aces eyebrow's, something that ugly should never be joined

Mayabird:You see what this place does to us? It's like how Eskimos have their 16 names for snow. We have to precisely define what shafting we're receiving.

"Do we think Israel would be nuts enough to go back into Lebanon with Olmert still in power and calling the shots? They could hook Sharon up to a heart monitor and interpret the blips and bleeps as "yes" and "no" and do better than that, both strategically and emotionally."