Heroes: Eve of Destiny

Library: Where we go to relive campaigns past....
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Legacies looked over at Argent. He could feel as she pulled on his stability to help her own. A most interesting power, to be able to do something like that. Legacies listened as she said where the cultists were. "Are there any more?"
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Charon wrote:Legacies looked over at Argent. He could feel as she pulled on his stability to help her own. A most interesting power, to be able to do something like that. Legacies listened as she said where the cultists were. "Are there any more?"
Blackheart wrote:"Can you calm them down, make them likely to surrender?"
"They're... in groups. Spread out, but several together each place," Argent answered both men. She had done similar things to keep track of where guards were on patrol when she and Ember were engaged in theivery, but never with so many people. "I.... I think I'd have to be closer to affect them. I don't want to affect us as well."

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

She can make Saibot as horny and stupid as all hell but needed to be closer to calm these guys down. It never got any easier. "We'll go to them. Bullet proof people in the lead."
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Legacies nodded and stepped out of the door, the silver figure seemed to expand some as the suit moved to better act as a shield for those behind him. "We are ready to move."
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:She can make Saibot as horny and stupid as all hell but needed to be closer to calm these guys down. It never got any easier. "We'll go to them. Bullet proof people in the lead."
Legacies wrote:Legacies nodded and stepped out of the door, the silver figure seemed to expand some as the suit moved to better act as a shield for those behind him. "We are ready to move."
"Then we go..." Argent replied, transforming to her dragonself without any further warning. Great inky wings stretched out to touch all the teammates, teleporting them all as a group to the medbay.

The trip did not take even one heartbeat, simply a flash of shadows before they arrived. Legacies and Seven found themselves out front of the rest as 'bulletproof'.. but there was no need. Argent was already influencing the minds of the small group of medics hiding there, replacing fear at the sight of them with feelings of safety and rescue. Only a couple had weapons, quickly discarded as her influence convinced them the Ultimates team was there to aid, not harm.

There were no more than ten people, non-metas all, and all too eager to be rescued.

Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

As Seven was transported into the med bay looking at a few armed and frightened looking civilians he fought the initial urge to grab for his gun. The civilians quickly dropped their weapons and surrendered and Seven couldn’t help say to himself again, “I am never going to get used to teleportation.â€
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

A few moments after the medics has surrendered the team's coms came to life, the soft hiss of static filling their ears followed by a voice.
"Mirage Team, this is Nevada. We are inbound and less then a minute out. What is your situation in there?"

Outside a pair of black helos approached the ruins and began to circle, looking for a place to land. In the distance a modifed M-977 HEMTT and a deuce and a half troop transport were rolling towards their location.

The additional forces had been recalled and sent out after multiple people started showing up in medical and the team had been unreachable by com. Fearing the worst Ultima sent out the troops.

The two choppers finally set down, blowing up dust around them. A half dozen troops wearing urban camo and body armor, wielding M-16s disgorged themselves from the helos. They took up tactical positions around the entrance do the building, guns at the ready.

The two ground vehicles were closing in on the location. They were only a minute or two away. The troop hauler was carrying a full load of armed agents while the HEMTT was loaded with a special container for any captured metas.

"Mirage team, this is Nevada. We are standing by. Give a situation report and prepare to pull out."
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Legacies remained silent as the medics cowered before them. They had been thralls of the enemy. Why were they allowed to live? What a curious thing, letting enemies such as this go. Perhaps they did not know what it was they were fighting. Legacies glanced back at the others, his emotions still seemed dead. No, he would have to fight all of them, and that was something that he could not win.

The comms came to life and Legacies turned his 'gaze' to Blackheart. He was the leader, he would respond.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Argetn also turned her head to look to Blackheart as the coms finally came to life announcing that backup was arriving. To her, it was none too soon. Let them handle the remaining norms hiding in the building. They had passed Tarot's little test, to her mind. Time to leave.

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Gravitas strode out of the building without a care for the military forces advancing on it. He wasn't concerned with them wielding their power against him. What was bugging him was that the distinct ripple Tarot creating.. Bending timespace around him thanks to his mysterious power.. Was farther away.

It was time to think. And Gravitas thought best when singing.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"The situation is stable," Blackheart responded. "We have prisoners, but none of them are obvious metas. The Astronomer is dead, Demise is still unnaccounted for."
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"Whenever you're ready, Blackheart," Argent said softly, fading into the shadowdragon once again. "Do you want me to retrieve the Astronomer as we go?"

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"Leave the dead for the forensic boys. Back up is en route. If you can manage us all, take us home."
Last edited by Cynical Cat on Wed May 31, 2006 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shark Bait
Adept

Post by Shark Bait »

Seven braced himself against the odd feeling of teleportation he knew was coming “I’m ready to get out of here and maybe fix my handâ€
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

-Zombie survival guide

-Frigidmagi
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"I can manage," the silver-eyed dragon replied, her wings stretching out to touch all the remaining teammates. "Although, if Seven would like to walk home he can..." she teased, allowing them all to feel her amusement over Seven's complaints before she pulled them into the shadows.

Once again, the blackness seemed endless, just the silver light lining the dragon's wings and body to give shape to the void. One heartbeat ... two heartbeats... three..

And they emerged in the medical bay at Ultimates HQ. Seven and Legacies were released, but one wing hovered beside Blackheart. "You are injured, Blackheart," the dragon stated bluntly. "Please do not make me tie you to a bed like I had to do with Saibot."

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"Don't worry about me," said Blackheart, "I heal fast. Besides, I'm due for a full medical anyway. Thank the White Christ that there won't be a biopsy this time."
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

The doctors took the lycanthropes advice. They pumped him full of painkillers and anti-biotics. Put a mosquto net over him, and put him on the sun-drenched roof.

He was still unconcious, tankfully for his poor nerve endings, but the light of the sun was regnerating his skin and connective tissue. Basically what he had at this point was a body-wide scab which he would feel compelled to scratch if he were still conscious.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Shark Bait
Adept

Post by Shark Bait »

LadyTevar wrote:"I can manage," the silver-eyed dragon replied, her wings stretching out to touch all the remaining teammates. "Although, if Seven would like to walk home he can..." she teased, allowing them all to feel her amusement over Seven's complaints before she pulled them into the shadows.

Once again, the blackness seemed endless, just the silver light lining the dragon's wings and body to give shape to the void. One heartbeat ... two heartbeats... three..

And they emerged in the medical bay at Ultimates HQ. Seven and Legacies were released, but one wing hovered beside Blackheart. "You are injured, Blackheart," the dragon stated bluntly. "Please do not make me tie you to a bed like I had to do with Saibot."
Seven tried to smile again and all he got was that horrible grinding noise once more, “Thank you very much for the lift, back here.â€

-Zombie survival guide

-Frigidmagi
Rukia
Pleasure Kitten

Post by Rukia »

Cam had been taken to the Emergancy Section of the Medbay. They had hooked her up to monitors and two I.V.'s one for the massive amount of blood she was losing and one with pain medications. They were stitching up the back of her head to try to control the bleeding before sending her to get an MRI.
shark42bait: you are evil...
shark42bait: i admire that in a woman....
I'm a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in an AWESOME rack!
"if you want to get out of a speeding ticket short skirts and crying are still the way to go" Kairy on "mythbusters"

LimePink: "Um, Mr. President? I was doing a suduko puzzle, and based on the hidden co-ordinates in the grid, I think Osama Bin Laden is either here : points on map: or here :points to another spot within 5 miles:. Also, Jay-Z killed Tupac Shakur and the lost treasure of Atlantis actually turned to the glacier that sunk the Titanic."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

As the others were brought into the medical bay by Argent, Saibot was being forced down onto a biobed for an analysis. When the tech's tried to remove his helmet, they quickly found out it was not a good idea to try.

He could sense Argent's arrival, even though he didn't see it, sense her being close.

He settled down, muttering something beneath his breath, and laid back, as the technicians began to check over him.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

"Agent Blackheart," came a soft, yet authoritative voice from behind them at the door into the medbay. The voice belonged to Agent Bowman, a lower-level supervisor. He stood a hair under six foot, though his body was mostly hid by his government issue black suit and tie. His red hair was cut short and neatly groomed.

"If you're feeling up to it Agent, please join me in my office for a quick informal debrief. The rest of your team is dismissed to medical and then take a few days off to recoup after today's preformance. Though, I understand a few of your team are not full agents?"

His eyebrow raised at this question towards Blackheart, his piercing blue eyes displaying curiosity. He shrugged and then turned to leave to his office.

-----------

"HQ this is Nevada. Mirage Team is evaced and we've moved in. We're encountering only minimal resistance though this place is extensive. It's like a maze down here. And Jesus...the *gulping sound, fighting back the bile rising in his throat* the things we're seeing down here... What in the seven Hells happened down here?"
"We'll figure that out later. Take your prisoners and secure the area. We'll send in an investigation team soon enough to take care of the questions."
"Roger that HQ."
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Legacies appeared back at HQ. Teleporting was beginning to be second nature to him. As the shadows faded from around him Legacies moved forward. There was the matter of his contract being up. Legacies made his way to the first official who looked like he handled that sort of thing and stopped him. "Our contract with this group is up. We wish our payment so we may leave." Legacies had other things to do than play lapdog to the government. For one he had to examine that site more without having to worry about the government looking over his shoulder.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Dark Silver wrote:He could sense Argent's arrival, even though he didn't see it, sense her being close.

He settled down, muttering something beneath his breath, and laid back, as the technicians began to check over him.
Agent Bowman wrote:..The rest of your team is dismissed to medical and then take a few days off to recoup after today's preformance. Though, I understand a few of your team are not full agents?"
Argent looked to Blackheart. "I am going to find Saibot. We may be here for a while..." She passed the other agent without a glance, walking to where she 'felt' Saibot could be. It was an odd feeling, this connection. She and Garth were going to have to figure out where it came from and how to handle it.

Even before she saw him, she could feel his annoyance at all the medics around him as they started bloodwork and other necessary tests. "Hi hero..." she said, walking as close as they'd let her.

Wow... was his heart supposed to jump like that on the EKG?

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

"I'm scheduled to see is the super tumour hasn't gotten any closer to eating my brain Agent Bowman," Blackheart replied blandly. "Unless you want a duel to the death with a dozen metaphysicians, the debrief will have to wait." Blackheart walked into medical.

"Okay ladies and gents, stick me in the tube and scan me." He began stripping off his suit. A nurse tossed him a gown and he headed over to a changing room. His ribs were still tender, making changing clothes both ackward and painful. He came out. "Hurry up and zap me."

"We could always do a biopsy David," said Doctor Miller.

"Fuck you too," replied Blackheart. "Keep that thing away from me. And don't call me David."

"As you wish Blackheart. If you would just lie down on the slab?" He did so and it retracted into the scanner. "Stay still."

"Ya ya, I know the drill." The machine began to produce a loud, rattling hum. He stayed inside for a short eternity before being let out. "What's up."

"I'm sorry Dav-Blackheart. The tendrils expanded." Doctor Miller help up a flimsy. "The concentration of them attached to your spinal cord is thicker. The dark heart itself seems to have expanded slightly. Its almost a centimeter broader."

"Great."

"We're going to have to do a biopsy soon."

"Fuck. Well, let me go talk to Agent Red Tape and then you can stab me with the diamond tip drill."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

The helmeted head turned to the source of the voice, and he almost smiled beneath it. She was there, no worse for wear, it seemed anyway.

"Hey beautiful.." he answered back, as the doctors went about this work. He twitched as they stuck something else in his arm, and he looked down, his arm tensing.

"Doc..think you can hurry up?"
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.