The Glitch IV - Inversion (Ch. 1)

Library: Where we go to relive campaigns past....
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

((Devonie is having trouble getting online. I will post for her))

The red alert made Jules jump, bringing her wide awake. Something really bad was happening. She ran for the door, looking out just as one of the security guards started to come in to wake her. "Where are the rest of those I came in with?" she asked, but he could only tell her they weren't there, and they all needed to get to an escape pod.

Looking around the stateroom quickly, she spotted the Sceptre. Oh no, she wasn't going to leave without that. She grabbed it and started out into the hallway, when the Computer spoke and told her to meet her friends at the hanger. It even gave her a little map to follow, for the best route.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

As the group ran towards the shuttlebay, others were already running towards escape pods. As Jack jumped into a nearby escape pod, the door slide shut and magnetically sealed behind him.

He would turn around as the pod jettisonned from the dying starship, and notice something strange about all of them in there.

There was not a man amoungst them, they were all female, each and every one. Yellow and blue skinned twi'lek and several exotically beautiful green skinned Orion females, along with the smattering of human women. None of them were in uniform, mostly weren't even fully dressed, it was obvious they were otherwise busy when the abandon ship was sounded, as many of them still had wet hair and drops of water glistening off thier skin.

The escape pod began arocking even as it pulled away from the ship, as a energy beam sliced through a warp nacelle on the starship they were rapidly leaving.

He may not have even noticed through the viewports the few potshots taken at the other escape pods, and the glorious explosions of those same pods being eliminated...

--------------------

When the group reached the shuttlebay, there were few runabouts left, and one seemed to be prepped, engines already activated, and hatch opened invitingly, as if in wait for them to escape in.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Devonie
Initiate

Post by Devonie »

ules ran to the nearest turbolift and shouted, "Shuttlebay!" As the doors slid shut and the Enterprise began bucking madly, she was thrown to the floor and nearly lost hold on the scepter.

"Thank the Gods I slept in my kit," she mumbled to herself, grabbing the handriling and pulling herself to her feet. "Hunh. Wonder if I still have a job when I get out of here...." She refused to entertain the notion that she coyuld really *die*. It doesn't matter that it was somehow messed up.

After all, this was a com/sim, right? .....RIGHT?

The doors of the lift opened and she took a quick peek, checking for Nulls and Bit Errors before exiting. She spies Leandra and makes a beeline for her, ducking sparks and pieces falling around her.

"We need to get out of here, NOW!" she says. "What's the holdup?"

She concentrates for a second then shouts, "In Sanct Vas Grav!!!!" (large force field) and makes a grand sweeping gesture over the whole party.

A pale shimmer appeared for about 7 feet to either side of her. "Oh well, it'll have to do... This will at least keep some stuff from falling on us -- not the big stuff... NOW MOVE PEOPLE - I call shotgun!!!"

With that the tiny goblin scampers across and into the shuttlecraft.
Shark Bait
Adept
Location: A god forsaken chunk of swamp some ass built a city on!

Post by Shark Bait »

Ted followed after the goblin his hand still holding Rory’s hand dragging her along. They clamored into the hatch of the runabout and Ted dove into the Pilot’s chair and starred blankly at the worthless touch screen. “Stupid over computerized piece of shitâ€
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/ ... giite1.png[/img]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
-Adam Savage "Mythbusters"

"Rule 4: Blades don't need reloading."
-Zombie survival guide

"What is burning people but stabbing them with fire?"
-Frigidmagi
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Justin waited for everyone to get on board.

"Computer, raise shields and ready phasers, just in case"
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

"Weapons and Shield systems cannot be raised within the Enterprise Shuttle Bay. Weapons activation requires command authorization." The computer droned with it's like pleasent female tone.

The ship shook and seemed to fall in space as another weaponsfire impacted the shileds. The Main shuttlebay's forcefield flickered a moment, then restabilized. It was apparent soon, that the ship would come apart.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Albert took count. Everyone but Decimus, and no sign of communication from him. As the ship shook and sparked, it was clearly past time to worry. He'd get through.. Maybe.

"Computer, powerup engines, seal hatch, and perform FTL jump clear of the bat-.. Oh for the love of sanity, you disengaged the voice commands for manual?" Albert snapped. "Have you ever flown an actual FTL craft before? We need to get clear of this before we all die!"

Laying down Matt and Crusher, he grabbed the Sceptre. He was a native now, somehow. He needed to make it work. How the hell does this work?

He closed his eyes and touched the deeper aspects of himself, trying to nudge it to activation. The Null and Thog aspects of his person pitched in, forcing their will on it.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Agent Fisher
Adept

Post by Agent Fisher »

Jack noticed a pod near them explode. I'm fucked. He looked back towards the other people in the pod. Least I'll die happy.

"Who wants there last moments to be memorable?"
Morpheus:I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Justin thought for a moment. The acceleration on this thing was insane. Faster than a human could percieve and process the information without a computer's assistance. Manual is suicide.

Justin acted quickly. As the enterprise disintegrated around them, Justin lifted Ted's hand off the flight yolk, shaking his head gravely

"We dont know how to operate the sensors, flying this thing on manual is suicide. with this thing's acceleration and energy bolts flying around everywhere"

"Computer, disengage manual control." The computer beeped and acknowledged

'Computer, seal all hatches"

The computer sealed off all hatches

"Computer, leave the shuttlebay and orbit us around the planet. maximum impulse. Bring us to a position on the opposite side of the planet, and put us into a geostationary orbit. Evade incoming weapons fire"

The computer beeped in assent to the command, and the runabout launched itself out of the Enterprise's shuttlebay doors.

It wouldnt fly as well as a trained human pilot, but it was certainly better than an untrained one on manual.

"Computer, raise shields"
Last edited by Comrade Tortoise on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

The runabout's outer hatch sealed with a slow hiss and the sudden hum of a magnetic field, the gentle thrumming sound of the idle engine core became slightly more pronounced as the shuttle lifted up off the deckplates, and glided forward easily, peircing the atmospheric forcefield, and out into space.

The amount of explosions suddenly visible, coming from seemingly nowhere, told the tale for those who looked out the viewport. In the distance, hardly visible against the black backdrop of space, the faint visual outline of the Null Warship could be seen. It was only made more pronounced by the flashes of light and energy as it fired upon escape pods. The warship was slowly gliding through space, closer towards the enterprise, who despite the loss of Shields, still was weathering the blows. The armor was apparently far stronger than one could figure.

Infact, if they bothered to glance at the Enterprise-D, the ship only shared a brief design heritage with the one they were familiar with. It was larger, more powerful looking, with the remnants of exterior weapons emplacements half slagged by the heat of the Null weaponry.

Warning sirens sounded in the runabout, as it cut through space, accelerating on the quick legs of impulse, "Warning: Torpedo Lock, impact in two minutes. Initiating evaussive manuers."

----------------

Within the ship, Magneto was tearing through the hordes of shadows which sprouted from the ground. In a entire world of metal, he was God.

But even he couldn't tear through them quick enough to get to the Engineering section. The Null penetrated the forcefield and overwhelmed the few personel who couldn't make it to escape pods. They were slaughtered mercilessly. The Null, while normally instinctual to a fault, knew how to act and think, and soon multiple bit errors were at consoles, redirecting power, returning full power to the mighty starship.

----------------

Fire stopped pouring into the Enterprise from the Null Warship, and the a gravily, and slightly modulated voice echoed over every comm channel in the sector, even as the human's runabout attempted to dodge the incoming projectile.

"This is Katz, commander of the Nemesis. We have captured your pathetic vessal. We shall take no prisoners....make your time."
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

"Everyone.. It's been a fucked up ride, but I'm glad it wasn't alone." Albert said simply, as he looked back to the sceptre. He twisted the parts that span. He pulled the dangling section. Then, on a whim, he gave it a heart smack against the Runabout's internal wall.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

With the hard whack, the sceptr began to glow. Dully at first, where it seemed to just be the glint of the interior lights upon the burnished gold finish.

Slowly, the glow brightened, along with a humming sound. Low pitched, it to strengthened in pitch, till it seemed as if the runabout itself was singing in response.

Space itself seemed to warp, voices streched and distorted, "Warning.....impact immenent, thirty seconds till weapon impact.." the computer droned, the sound no longer femenine, so distorted by the power.

-----------

In Jack's escape pod, a similar scene happened, he felt himself tugged and pulled, the escape pod of naked woman pawing his body ceased to exsist, as he blacked out...

The Null clawed and battered at Magneto's shield, yet they couldn't penetrate the field. Magneto's vision blurred, he felt himself suddenly torn, and then darkness.

-----------

Within the runabout, a blinding light filled the ship, causing spots in eyes, before sudden darkness.

-----------

The light cleared, vision returned to normal. Crusher lay still on the floor of the runabout's cockpit, Albert's hands were empty, and a young man stood behind him, a wheelchair next to him, unused.

The others...were gone.

---------------

GM's Note: Everyone is back in their apartments, in thier own bodies, blacked out.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Albert waited. And waited. And when death didn't come in the form of a torpedo thirty seconds later, he exhaled. Look around, at the doctor, then at the man with the wheelchair.

"Huh." He said simply, looking at his hands, then at the controls, then at the world below. Earth. Definately Earth.

"Just my luck. Once in a lifetime opportunity to make something work right, and I fumbled it somehow." SLowly, two things dawned on him.

One was Thog. Where dis place? Why Thog feel so tiiiiired.. mus' be nap time...

Two was the man he had just looked at. "Huh." He repeated. "Do I know you at all?"
Half-Damned, All Hero.

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Where are we?

Oh now it's a we? Chris thought as he looked down at himself... He could feel his legs. It was... more itchy then he had expected. He tried to stand up but almost botched it.

Let me help you.

Thank you. I never walked before. He turned to the other man in the runabout.

"My name is Chris. Last you saw me I was running around in red and purple and tearing things apart. You're one of the ones from Zion right?" He replied.
Who in their right mind uses red and purple?

It's a form of mental warfare I'll have you know,

On who? Fashion designers?

I never liked them.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken