Urban Dead: The Price of the Oath

Library: Where we go to relive campaigns past....
Pcm979
Adept

Post by Pcm979 »

"Oh hush, you," Melanie said. She kissed Punt on the cheek. "Thanks for behaving," she said with a wink. "And for being there for Jared."

Punt mumbled something vague and headed off towards the infirmary, Jared nearby.

â€Â
"Are you trying to give me a spasm?" ~The Necrontyr Messenger
Pcm979
Adept

Post by Pcm979 »

"Well back then it was an idea worth mocking," she said. "I was so unstable..." She leaned against Mike with a contented sigh.

He chuckled and snuggled closer. After a moment, he asked in a musing fashion:

â€Â
"Are you trying to give me a spasm?" ~The Necrontyr Messenger
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

Post by Josh »

One day later

Sun set under the edge of the clouds, painting the overcast in rich reds and oranges. He flicked open the lighter and lit his cigarette, then looked at the fading sun.

Darek's condition was still up in the air. The Irregulars were going to need time to rebuild. Malton appeared to be in for one of the coldest winters he'd ever seen since his family had moved into the city.

The last one was a blessing, so long as it held.

He took a drag on the cigarette, crouching on one of the rooftop utility buildings, and looked out over the field. One of the patrol teams was trudging in, having been relieved from the line. Tomorrow, work would resume as they continued to extend their defensive perimeter in anticipation of spring.

Maybe the government would get their shit together and figure out how to get them out of this mess. Or maybe the world in general would just fall apart if the virus got out.

Either way, they were going to be ready. They'd weathered another storm, these people, and he knew in his bones they could face whatever was coming.

One of the rooftop exit doors opened. He spotted a familiar flash of red hair, before a small hood was pulled over it, and grinned. Flipping the cigarette away, he bounced down to the roof and walked toward her.

It was good to be home.
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain