[Exalted] Protectors of the River Province

TKT: For all In Character Role Playing threads - the Games play here.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

He watched Liayna as she left the wagon and found that he had been holding his breath. He released the breath slowly and blinked, considering what had transpired before and where he was now. Was this a complication that he could afford or something that he would regret down the line? He considered the thought for a moment before he dismissed it. What would there be to regret? Liayna was a woman that knew what she wanted and he was willing to allow her to get it. It was a mutually beneficial proposition.

It did not mean anything more than that. Why should it? He allowed his left hand to move through green strands of hair. He did not look outside of the wagon, the natural urge to do so suppressed by his momentary inflection. Liayna returned and she brought gifts. His eyes sliding from the Eclipse to the green and then the brown ensembles.

"They are both very fine." He admitted as he took a step closer to her and inspected the clothing. His left hand reached out and traced the fabric of the green as he moved to do so, his body brushed against hers.

"I admit it. I am surprised, I did not expected something quite like this..." He said. His hand leaving the green clothing and moved on to the other. This particular piece was far more extravagant, exposing far more skin than the other. He could see himself wearing it aboard a sail ship or in a bedroom. If he was a southerner, it would have been perfect.

"Now, this..." He did not continue. Instead, he considered for a moment as her perfume twisted and danced in the air about them.

"I prefer the green. It suits me best." He admitted.

"However, the other is a fine piece. Will you allow me to try it on and see if it interests me? I may be interested in the piece for a future time." He was certain that he could not afford it. At least not now. He was also fairly certain that Liayna would be willing to allow him to try it on...
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Liayna shrunk slightly as Yvela went for the obvious point, though when she did, she did so delicately into him as he brushed up against her. She managed a gentle smile as she looked up at him, her own hand also brushing against the green outfit. "I thought you might prefer the green ensemble over the red, but I never make it a point to force a decision on anyone. Whatever I offer, it must be freely chosen, and not felt forced. Please, feel free to try on whatever you like. Right now, I am at your disposal." Her eyes flicked up to his and kept contact. She was watching him and waiting, her own body still close to his.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Some time later(Orduin hadn't let Tevar take over the PT, but had taken her along in her disguise as a new recruit. He still wasn't sure who had given him the more evil look: The Lunar or his recruits, when he announced to the weary would-be commandos it was 'Just five miles more' when they were at the breaking point.), the Twilight of Lookshy was quietly allowed into the Stores Directorate. As the papers were carefully checked and re-checked, he chatted with his friends and allies there, mentioned some new thoughts on maintenence, and generally talked shop.

Then, it was time for Vault 23. Innoculous name, but it held some of the best-preserved and recovered texts of the First Age, especially those with military application. Slowly, the Twilight let himself indulge more and more, studying magitech and other methods. The exotic ingredients, he told himself, could wait. He wanted to put what amount of them he was granted to the best possible use.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Tevar was soaking sore, aching muscles in a very hot bath. That was the only reason Orduin was still alive and moving -- the 'little run' he had taken them on had left her legs so shaky she couldn't catch him. She pitied the recruits.

Smug bastard... he wasn't getting any tonight, that's for sure. Of course, she had to wonder if Ysela had picked up on the blatant hints Liayna had been dropping, or if the Solar had proved totally clueless.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

This game has gone on long enough.

The thought clawed its way to the surface of his mind and lingered there. He did not push it aside; instead he concentrated on the thought and the emotions that accompanied it. He did not believe that Liayna had gone through all the trouble that she had purely in order to enhance his wardrobe. The chosen was after something and he had an idea as to what it was. She had given him all the indications of what she was after and he considered it a suitable exchange for the gift that she offered him.

Right now, I am at your disposal.

She had chosen her words with such care. His eyes watched hers for a moment as he considered for a moment if he had misread the entire situation. He had not, the way that her own eyes watched him and waited and the way her body seemed drawn to his left little doubts. She was too tall, but her height did not lessen her beauty. If anything, it added to her allure. His left hand reached out, the back of his fingers brushing against her cheek. He was surprised by how smooth her skin was.

“I thank you for your gift.â€
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Lightly leaping down from his perch, Kolth gracefully dropped down the height all the way to the ground; leaping to a roof here, down to a windowsill there, to a small alcove there, he eventually landed, his smirk back. He felt much better now, and felt like causing some trouble.

Ah yes, there was that bar where he'd first met Yvela, where all the ladies there had several credits built up in his favor that he could cash in. His smile widened into a grin as he walked with measured strides toward the place. Shit, I've earned it, he thought.

As he burst through the front door, he bought a drink from a smiling bartender, lit a blunt, and mentally counted to ten. Sure enough, high-pitched female noises surrounded him briefly before female flesh surrounded him as four women welcomed him. Oh yes - this would be a good evening, he thought with a happy sigh. However, it never hurt to make very, very sure.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
The Nomad
Initiate

#382 End of Chapter 1

Post by The Nomad »

As the sunset light receded from Lookshy's towers and buildings, the Circle of the Chosen delighted in relaxation, exhilaration, and carefully applied massage oils and agile tongues and limbs, when somewhere across the bridge of time and space, in a building not totally of Creation yet at the center of every moment of time, golden and silver threads tensed, sliding together towards a tangle at the crossroads of destiny...
The Nomad
Initiate

#383 Chapter 2

Post by The Nomad »

Noonlight bathed the spires of Lookshy's Old City, illuminating the Aviary and Manse, as Orduin, Teamhair, Kolth, Yevela, and Ake were summoned once again at the Operations Directorate, in the District of the Legion.

They were led to a large office - similar to the one occupied by Taimyo Teresu Odaï. In the seat behind the desk, sat a woman whom Orduin knew well, if only from afar: Taimyo Karal Linwei, a short, fiery-tempered Fire Aspect who was the youngest officer of her rank in centuries, and well in line for becoming Chumyo...

Without a word, she indicated five seats before her desk, though she gave Orduin a brief nod of acknowledgement. "Let us not waste time in politeness. Though most of you are not officially part of the Seventh Legion, you have all accepted to carry out assignments to further the cause of Lookshy and therefore the Confederation of Rivers. Now is the time to act in accordance with that commitment."

She took a small tear-shaped crystal inserted in a red and blue jade tripod frame, and focused her anima on it. The object emitted a red and purple light, and above the desk a sphere of colors took shape. Soon the colors were replaced by a red-blue scene. In this point of view, massive, hulking humanoid shapes were seen leaping from branch to branch, and lunging at men wearing what Orduin recognized as ashigaru battle armor. The confrontation was brief - although the ashigarus' advanced weapons and ranged combined tactics kept the strange gorillas from coming close for a time, their seemingly supernatural mobility finally enabled them to close the distance after a while, and severely wound several troopers before being finally shot down.

Karal Linwei waved her hand over the crystal and the sphere disappeared, soon followed by the light which retreated into the object.

"These are mission recordings from a First Field Force scouting team. They were pursuing an investigation on Gerion Aksen, a Guild merchant prince who had recently risen to prominency. Aksen is suspected of instigating trouble in small River Province states, supporting insurrections and official powers alike at the same time to increase his benefits, fostering instability and bloodshed to fill his pockets! Now we have to add demonology to that! Those were erymanthoi, blood-apes, lesser warrior demons. The Seventh Legion's General Staff decided to authorize Asken's neutralization, however with the recent mess that you saw, we cannot send our own squads. You see, the Seventh Legion had not exactly... waited for the state which houses Asken's current base of operation to authorize this incursion, and now we think that sending a small team of powerful individuals may succeed where a reduced, stealthy squad would fail."

She rose from her seat. "Of course, discretion will be paramount. Captain Yevela, I fear that the Storm Herald cannot reach this part of the River Province; and of course, Shonai Karal Orduin, the use of Gunzosha armor will have to be narrowly restricted... Even though you are authorized to take it on that mission."

She placed her hand on the wooden wall, and continued: "Since most of our sophisticated means of transportation are somewhat less subtle or otherwise best employed for more urgent matters, you will travel under cover in a merchant caravan, owned by someone whom you... know very well, now don't you?" she smiled, pushing the wall which gave in, revealing what was in fact a secret door...

------------------------------------------------------------

Upon returning from a tour of the more important towns in the vicinity - which, while eclipsed by the Seventh Legion home city, had proven to be decent outlets - Liayna had had the surprise of being asked to appear at the District of the Legion, shortly before noon. With the summons, a red pass, which meant prioritary transit.

At the appointed hour, after waiting in the ancient, pre-Contagion building, she was ushered into a small office. There, she could see a man bearing the marks of a high ranking officer of the Seventh Legion - short, with well-groomed green hair and dark blue skin, with a hint of brine scent about him - obviously a Child of Danaa'd. "Welcome, Ms. Naguno, I am Taimyo Teresu Odaï," he said with a courteous smile, and without further preamble he indicated a seat before his desk. Sitting down himself, he then continued: "You have attracted our notice some time ago, for reasons we both understand," he said, tapping his finger on a folder marked with the sign of the Eclipse, "and recently we have had reasons to believe you would be ideal for the needs of the Seventh Legion..."

Clearing his desk of the folder, he continued: "You see, we are aware of the fact that you contacted, several months ago, a small circle of people with similar magnitude of abilities. People who happen to be working for the Seventh Legion, as you well know. And considering your... degree of fraternization -" Liayna noticed his raised eyebrow "- with said people, I have an intuition that you would agree to joining them, to joining us, and thus help Lookshy maintain stability and prosperity in the East..."

He rose and headed for an artistically concealed door - Liayna had to squint to make it out, but once the door was opened before the taimyo, she could see the people who stood in the other room.

-----------------------------

"Great timing," Odaï whispered as Essence carried his words to Linwei's ears, and hers only.

"Smart assed theatrics," the Fire Aspect replied likewise.
Last edited by The Nomad on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Teamhair grinned inwardly as the door opened to reveal Liayna. The emphasis on the work 'know' had sealed the identity of the merchant, although the Lunar had been pretty sure before.

And here Teamhair had thought they'd be so ... discrete.... Ok, so not so much after that night Ake and Ysela, and later Orduin, had dropped in on Liayna unexpectedly. That had been extremely enjoyable, old friends coming together.

She'd have to tease Kolth again about missing out.

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Liayna hid her nervousness well as her caste mark was on display by a dragonblooded. She had heard stories of the Wyld Hunt, though she had never been the target of one. Her heartbeat quickened, but her breathing remained relaxed, something her Sifu had trained her to do, albeit indirectly at times.

She spent most of the conversation simply listening and sizing up the Taimyo. In some ways, he was similar to Yvela, but he lacked the...magnitude, she finally decided on. Still, he had his qualities, and he was enjoying this game of dancing around the truth. In his own way, he was a showman, a quality Liayna could certainly admire. As the door was revealed, she finally allowed a small smile to escape her lips.

"Well, Taimyo, I think I might be persuaded to help you out, for a while at least," She stood up and bowed to the group knowingly, her eye wandering back to the Taimyo as she walked by. As she passed him, she leaned in and whispered softly soonly he could hear. "And the fraternization starts at moonrise, Taimyo..."

Inwardly, she breathed a sigh of relief. She had been curious when he had mentioned someone she had met here, but for a while, the whispers of danger her Sifu had warned her about played havoc with her mind. At least that was set aside, and she had been reunited with her new companions. It had felt like a long time, but now it was as if all was right again. She turned as she rejoined the others and looked at the two Lookshy officers and bowed again. "So, what is it you would ask of me in this?"
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

"More revealing clothing?" Kolth said quietly, mostly to himself, in answer to Liayna's question.

After this, he managed to look halfway respectable suddenly, as if putting on an Official Hat. "I for one am honored by the Taimyo's trust in us, and I shall endeavor with only my best for such a request."

As if to counterpoint that statement, he almost lovingly withdrew a fresh blunt from inside his coat, and smelled it delicately with a small, satisfied smile. However, he did not light it yet.
Last edited by rhoenix on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Ake had felt his hackles up a bit with all of the Dragonblooded around him but he tried not to let it show. However, with the arrival of Liayna and Kolth's comment Ake decided to break his silence and say, "You're just bitter you missed out."

Ake then thought for a moment before he asked Taimyo Karal, "Uhh... since you seem to have knowledge on all of us you should know that while we are good at keeping our mouths shut we have a... predilection... towards poor impulse control and perform acts others might consider rash. So just how discrete do you want us to be here? Are we talking 'Don't let it come back that the Seventh Legion was responsible' or 'Leave the Aksen estate standing afterwards' levels of discretion? Because if our target is summoning forth demons I get the feeling that an actual confrontation might lead to some level of property damage and people talking about it afterward."
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

I am not sure when I will get used to this.

Lookshy was still a contradiction to him. It was a place of beauty and splendor and yet it was dominated by Dragon blooded the very people that he had learned not to trust. Was he being unfair in painting all Dragon blooded by the same brush? Perhaps he was but there was something in the back of his mind whispering caution. It was a voice that he had learned to value, a voice that he had learned to trust in those long days and somber nights where he knew that death had sought him out. It had been the death promised by the Hunt. The death promised by groups of Dragon blooded assassins whose sole existence was to deny him his birthright.

He took a deep breath and held it before slowly releasing it. No, not all dragon blooded were the same but he would not delude himself. For the moment, his goals and those of Lookshy coincided. He was being used and he in turn was using them in turn. Still, he admitted that he had learned a great deal since his arrival in the city. He admitted that every moment that he saw the might of Lookshy at work he felt joy. The flying machines of the city brought with them a serenity that he could only vaguely recall in the seas when he was a child. Something within him had changed. He was uncertain even now if it was for the better or worse.
The tea cup was brought to his lips and its contents were enjoyed. Even though his financial resources had improved as of late he still did not allow himself to fall prey to the luxuries that city offered. He had husbanded his newfound wealth zealously. Instead, he had begun to frequent the trade quarter more and more frequently spending time along inns and other places where merchants gathered. Once there he paid attention to the ebb and flow of those gathered within. He was knowledgeable about the world, for even back in the west knowledge was one of the few things that could not easily be taken away from someone. In the end, he began to make investments trusting his wit and charms to carry him through. There were at least three occasions when he talked with Liayna about such matters. To not seek the advice of the Eclipse would have been foolish. He was not a fool.

Looking back, he had known that those carefree days would end. As a result, when the summon came he was not at all surprised. The fact that he was summoned bothered him, as if a part of him understood deep down that he had always been meant to do such. The dragon blooded had always been meant to fall to their knees before him. A memory threatened to claw itself to the surface of his mind but it did not reach the surface of his thoughts.

I can’t change. I refuse to change.

Upon his arrival at the office of the Taimyo he said nothing and simply waited to see what the woman had in mind. She indicated the five seats before her and visibly hesitated for a moment before he sat down. It made little sense to be uncomfortable and he had no idea how long this briefing would last. Her initial words were heard and they were translated in his mind.

“For the moment, you are of use to the seventh legion and as long as you continue to be of use, we will continue to use you. While you are not trusted enough to be a member of the legion and you never will, even if you cared to we will continue to use your services as long as you continue to provide results; If for nothing else than to keep your power away from our enemies.â€
The Nomad
Initiate

Post by The Nomad »

As Liayna entered the other office, she could not spot whether or not she had managed to make the Water-Aspect blush due to his tan and irreproachable self-control, but he combed his hair with his hand, displaying with no uncertainty a ring on his right hand. Whether it meant "I am married and faithful" or "I'll bring my wife too", she could not say either.

Taimyo Linwei greeted the Eclipse with a nod of her head. "Your part in this endeavour will be to provide transport and cover to the presently assembled team, since the area we wish to intervene in is close to a trade route - you can still do your usual business, and are encouraged to do so as long as it is not done at the expense of the assignment. If Taimyo Odaï has not done so already, he will shortly provide you with a contract detailing your obligations and your reward, part of which will include significant trade advantages in Lookshy."

To one of Kolth's statements, or both, none present could tell, she replied: "That's the spirit, sir."

Karal Linwei turned to Ake. "While the 'neutralization' entails that Aksen cannot be allowed to escape Lookshy's wrath under any circumstances, the General Staff would greatly appreciate if he could be taken alive, and if documents or evidence pertaining to his activities could be seized, so please exercise some restraint in the display of your prowess. And of course, no evidence must be left of the Seventh's Legion's involvement. Some elements of the General Staff are hostile to the concept of harboring... people with your abilities, and using said abilities to benefit the River Province - in their eyes, you can benefit neither Lookshy nor the Confederation. They will try to discredit your group's reliability, so it would be best if you did not hand them out ammunition. Does this answer satisfy you?" she smiled.
Academia Nut
Adept

Post by Academia Nut »

Ake nodded and said, "If things go south then we're all just a bunch of rogues acting out of some sort of misguided sense of self righteousness and in no way associated with the Seventh Legion, correct?" He wore a slight smile at that.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

"It seems we are all agreed, then," Teamhair added, looking to the Daimyo. "When do you wish us to leave?"

The Nomad
Initiate

Post by The Nomad »

"The sooner the better, thought it depends on Mrs Naguno's efficiency in setting up her next caravan trip," Karal Linwei replied. "According to our most recent data, Gerion Asken still uses the base we were investigating in the so-called Vanyon Prefecture; various sources led our strategists to think that whatever business is causing Asken to linger there despite the risk will not take longer than five or six months, depending on the regional political situation."

The Eclipse knew that she could get things under way in under three or four days. Liayna had also been handed a folder detailing their destination and relevant trade routes; it was a small territorial enclave a couple dozen miles wide, just north of the Marukani territories. They could get there within three months of travel, though if they wanted to keep the pretense of being an innocuous caravan and do some business, the trip could extend to four months.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

"Well, now..." Kolth leaned back in his chair, staring at the ceiling with a wide smile. "Three or four months of easy living, travel, and scenery - yeah, we could do much worse."

"Well!" he said, suddenly moving to sit upright, looking bright and expectant. "Is there anything else, good Taimyo? I believe we have to begin preparations!"

- William Gibson

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

"I'll see if I can wrest some less obvious Seventh Legion gear from Supply." Orduin nodded. "Gunzosha will only be summoned should the situation become beyond other equipment. As your question, Ake.. Flare really bright and bring down demons. Everyone knows Anathema are forbidden to work for the Legion." A wink. "More seriously.. Think serving Sol by throwing out the yozi-spawn, instead of anything related to this city."
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

The circle was doing what he expected and while a part of him was thrilled another part of him was not. Still, it was the best option at this time. He really had no particular desire to go back to those days and nights where he had wondered all but aimlessly through creation. At the moment, Lookshy granted him a series of opportunities that he could not readily afford. Oh, he could try to go off on his own but not enough of the circle would follow him. More than that, it would set his goals back significantly.

Lookshy has no love for the realm.

It was that realization that kept him grounded. He was using them for his own goals as much as they were using him. As long as that was happening, the relationship between himself and the nation around him could be allowed to continue. The fact that Liayna would apparently be joining them was a blessing although a part of him wondered how much choice the chosen had in the matter. They could talk about that later, his attention oscillated between the individual members of the circle and the Taimyo. He was not surprised to hear that there were elements within Lookshy that were not exactly thrilled at their presence. That sentiment could hardly be unexpected even here. He did not even feel a twinge of disappointment. His head turned and he glanced towards Ake as he spoke. Yeah, that sounded about right to him.

“We will have to make the best of the window of opportunity then.â€
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Answering Yvela with only a grin, Kolth leaned back in his chair, his half-lidded eyes appearing sleepy, but missing not a single detail of the room.

What seemed most curious to him was the ease with which Lookshy's government was taking to the resurgence of the Anathema. There were many possible reasons for this; that Lookshy considered having a "pet" Solar circle to take care of messier work to give them plausible deniability; Lookshy viewing the resurging Solars as a military commodity, wishing to collect and make loyal as many as possible; Lookshy knowing that with the Solars coming back, having said Solars know that Lookshy is friendly to them would save them..."irritation" later; there were many reasons.

Right now though, there wasn't enough information. In time, there would be - no secrets were safe from Kolth forever. For now, he only appeared to be preoccupied with delicately smelling his blunt; deceptively appearing to be paying little attention whatsoever to the others in the room.

He smirked slightly as he smelled the rolled intoxicant - such illusions were very useful.

- William Gibson

The Nomad
Initiate

Post by The Nomad »

At Orduin's comment, Odaï raised an eyebrow. "Actually, Lookshy has been known to associate with people characterized by the A-word," he ventured, "as I am sure you heard about the messenger named Rhianna of the Marukani... It is just that none of them were known to take residence within the city until recently..."

Karal Linwei sighed, and interrupted him: "This is unimportant. Unless you have any more questions, this meeting is now over, and you are all dismissed to prepare for this assignment."
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

As if to put lie to his previous appearance of lethargy, Kolth bolted to his feet, and bowed formally to both with a smile. "Taimyo Linwei, Taimyo Odaï, I've no further questions, and I thank you both personally for your...hospitality. If you'll pardon me, I've preparations to attend to, now that our productive meeting is concluded. My blessings and well-wishes for you both," he said formally.

With that, he was out of the room in about the speed it took for the unwary to blink, leaving nothing but a few swirling streams of dust in the room as sign of his former presence, and present passing.

Moving with the speed borne of pure purpose, Kolth swept through the city, visiting a shopkeeper here, a barkeeper there, the savant's supplier shortly afterward. Now that he felt much better about who (and what) he was, and was growing more comfortable with the others with whom he felt only a vaguely-explained kinship with, he felt as if he could proceed with a clear and free conscience, with lack of pressing things on his attention.

Which, at the moment, was occupied with stocking up on some particularly high quality blunt materials - mostly because he was rarely satisfied with others' efforts at making them. The innkeeper in the military section of Lookshy could certainly roll a mean one, but she was certainly in the minority.

After this, he'd get himself a change of clothes or three - nothing opulent, just functional and comfortable, and gave someone with his particular talents no hindrance.

After that, who knows? There might be some dumbass who was trying to rob the geriatrics again, and those types were always good for a bit of enjoyable exercise.

- William Gibson

LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Teamhair rose and bowed to the Taimyo respectfully before taking a few steps over to Liayna. "While Orduin once again loses himself in the Stores Directorate, we need to decide upon a good reason for a courtesean such as myself to join your caravan, along with my ... 'bodyguards'."

The Lunar was sure that she and Liayna could not only devise a clever tale, but also find a way to make Lookshy pay for a new wagon and beasts to pull it so that the courtesean might travel more comfortably.

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Liayna listened to the conversation carefully, nodding at the appropriate times. "My caravan is used to sudden changes in plans and destinations, I should have little trouble guiding them to that destination, though I have to ask if you wish for quickness or discretion in reaching the desired location." As Teamhair drew closer, Liayna shared a subtle look with her.

"I'm sure that simply desiring to see Creation and bring joy to the hearts of those you find worthy would be reason enough. I have been known to afford transport to many travelers before, this should be easy enough to explain away, especially with the addition of stout mercenaries to help defend yourself and my caravan all at once..."