Transformers: Ashes of Victory

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#1 Transformers: Ashes of Victory

Post by Cynical Cat »

Who is up to saving the galaxy?

Characters can be fairly powerful, although omnicompetence is not a virtue. Anyone overall anyone less powerful than Starscream is good. You can balance a powerful trait with a weakness, but it will have to be a real weakness.

You must be able to work with the group. I will let frigid shoot you out of hand.

Just because a fairly powerful character is possible doesn't mean you have to be one. Rebuilds can happen later if you change your mind. Yes that means Hornet is in.

rhoenix your idea will work.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#2 Re: Transformers: Ashes of Victory

Post by General Havoc »

Cynical Cat wrote:Yes that means Hornet is in.
Well, hell man, how can I refuse?
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

*dusts off Breakout*
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Excellent - I will confer with you about it later, Cyncat.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Hmmm. How long since Earth?
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

If I can find what I did with Shimmer, the Fembot with the solid light projection ability (up to 5 decoys possible), I'm in

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

So, hang on, if this continuity is post-Transformers-the-Movie, then does that mean that all of the characters who died in that movie are dead in this game?

For reasons that should be obvious to anyone familiar with him, the implications of the above would be very significant for Hornet.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

General Havoc wrote:For reasons that should be obvious to anyone familiar with him, the implications of the above would be very significant for Hornet.
e.g., Wheeljack. Yeah, I can see that.

CynCat, I sent you a PM with my first draft of my character.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Hmmm. How long since Earth?
Like he said right after the 1986 movie.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Let's say the events of the movie are the most widely spread rumors of what occurred. How accurate those rumors are is for the GM to know and you to find out.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Just so ya'll know.... I still have NEVER SEEN the '86 movie.

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Bah - Netflix doesn't have it on Watch Instantly. Even so, you should certainly see it.

- William Gibson

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

LadyTevar wrote:Just so ya'll know.... I still have NEVER SEEN the '86 movie.
All you need to know is that Prime died, and Hot Rod killed him.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Hey, when I first joined DS' games, I had never seen ANY Transformers.

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Dark Silver wrote:
All you need to know is that Prime died, and Hot Rod killed him.
And Megatron died.. ANd came back even f'ing crazier. Oh, and there was a God. He got his ass kicked by the Transformers.

Didn't Neptulos get eaten?
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

I am considering throwing my hat in with a medic-bot.

Because you assholes are sure to get shot all to hell and Hornet is in the party.

Oh, Cat, are only Autobots playable or what are the current politics and what not? I see very few details beyond "Shit went down, it's up to the PC's to clean it up".
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Charon wrote: Oh, Cat, are only Autobots playable or what are the current politics and what not? I see very few details beyond "Shit went down, it's up to the PC's to clean it up".
Warriors from both sides are playable. I'll fine tune the politics and what the players know when I get a better idea of who and what are playing.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Here's the first go at a character sheet:

Name: Novawing
Affiliation: Autobots
Classification: Interceptor/Assault

Background: A relatively new Transformer, what is known about Novawing is that he was constructed relatively recently on Cybertron from a spark core found floating in space following Unicron's destruction, by someone he never saw directly, and never heard except through speakers. However, his apparent familiarity with most things, despite his attempts at times to hide it, sometimes suggest that he is much older than his frame suggests.

Personality: A Transformer of few words ordinarily, Novawing is more calculating than most, though has his spark in the right place. With the recent conflicts between Autobots however, Novawing is more reluctant to use his formidable capabilities on another Autobot, sometimes to his detriment. He has proven to have an inherent desire to protect others, with extreme aggression at times when necessary, and with restraint when not.

Alt-mode: Air/Space Superiority fighter (Su-47 "Golden Eagle")
Max. Speed: Mach 6 in atmosphere
Size: Large-Sized
Special systems:
- Agility Overdrive Engine: 64 tiny thrusters are dotted all over his frame in his fighter mode, normally gifting him with a level of maneuverability and in-flight agility that belies the craft's size. During combat, they can be used in concert to offer a level of agility that borders on horrifying to outmaneuver in-flight opponents and attacks. Doing so in this way requires an amount of energy that must be accounted for, which is one reason he consumes more energy than he used to while in combat.

Weapons systems:
- Graser Lance: With a slow refire rate and high damage, the gamma-ray laser (graser) lance is normally used only against larger, slower, and more hardened targets. When used however, it can burn a hole through even thick armor. This weapon is mounted along the body of his flightframe in his alt. mode, firing from below the nosecone. In robot form, this weapon is not available due to its size and complexity.

- Nova Cannons: Designed to be used at closer ranges than the Lance, including point-blank ranges, the particle cannons fire whitish-blue high-density blasts of energy that cause matter they strike to explode, both weakening and damaging material they strike. Their refire rate is fast, but not automatic fast - his top fire rate is one shot every half second, per cannon. The cannons lose power at longer ranges, though their refire rate and power make them devastating at medium range and closer. The cannons are mounted on the right and left sides of his flightframe, below the engines in his alt. mode. In his robot form, they are mounted on his forearms.

- Missile Launchers: Novawing is capable of mounting wing-loaded missiles, but only to a maximum of two small-sized missiles per wing, or one medium or large missile per wing. Flying with missiles loaded on the wings does affect his maneuverability, as he cannot use any vernier thrusters located near the missiles. Consequently, he does not often carry them.

Versioning:
1.0 (first post; altered original idea to simplify and improve the character)
1.1 (removed Singularity Engine as wanky, replaced with Stealth Engine)
1.2 (minor fixes to comply with GM approval)
1.2 (removed stealth, keeping hyperagility)
1.3 (cleaned up background)
1.4 (made changes to alt. mode from SR-71 Blackbird to Su-47 Golden Eagle)
Last edited by rhoenix on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:17 am, edited 29 times in total.

- William Gibson

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Could you get into more specifics over what the hell that Singularity Engine does? Because as far as I can tell if it hits something or even comes close to something this weapon kills it.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

No. Bad Sweepy. *Hits rhoenix on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.*.

I said "less powerful than Starscream" not "more firepower than Megatron."

Try again.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Name: Edward "Shock" Markson
Affiliation: GI Joe
Classification: Headmaster/Long Range Assault Recon

Background: A veteran of Earth's military forces, Shock was assigned to perform recon on the mysterious non-biological entities that have been operating on Earth for years. When the secret became known, he remained in his recon role, primarily against the Decepticon, operating experimental weaponry. Unknown to anyone involved, Cybertronian or Human, he had recovered an Autobot killed in duty. With extensive work and parts scavenged from the battles he participated in or watched, he managed to get it working.. Sort of. The warrior is still dead, but can now be operated as a massive powersuit for the human. With the destruction on Earth and Optimus Prime's death, Shock has defied his superiors to join the Autobots in trying to stop any more destruction

Alt-Mode: Mercedes Benz SLR Roadster. I love gull-wing doors.
Speed: 200MPH
Size: Medium/Human

Special Systems:
Cybertronian-Enhanced "Joe" Warrior Equipment: As the world worked on Land Warrior, FIST, and similar enhancements, the Joes developed their own enhanced version thanks to the advanced technology assets they had. Thanks to Marksons recovery efforts, Mk III moved from a bulky and cumbersome loadout to a power-assisted personal suit. Markson's personal gear is loaded with an EMP Pistol and a XM25 personal grenade rifle, loaded with specialized armor-penetrating rounds which deliver plasma past armor.

Headmaster Linkage: Shock might not know it, but his partner isn't dead. Clinging to life in his spark core, the Autobot can't even remember his own name. But enough of him remembers fighting the Decepticons for the right reasons that the psychic link between Headmaster and Transformer is there, enhancing Shock in combat as a full transformer.

Weapons:
'Scrambler' EMP Pistol: Originating in the criminal underworld, the Scrambler can permenantly fry unhardened electronics. In combat against Cybertronians, the pistol is only effective for brief moments. Human-sized.

XM25 Personal Grenade Rifle: It's got a laser sight, and the grenades it fires can punch through weak points in Cybertronian armor to deliver white-hot plasma. It ruins Casseticons' day.

Null Rifle: A lesser version of the Seeker's Null Ray, this weapon can still hurt quite alot for full-sized Cybertronians.

Versioning: 0.9 Beta
Half-Damned, All Hero.

rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:I said "less powerful than Starscream" not "more firepower than Megatron."
Indeed - the Singularity Engine has been replaced with the Stealth Engine, and made other minor edits as well.
Last edited by rhoenix on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- William Gibson

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Nitram?

You realize that by bot standards you're running around in a corpse? I can only imagine the horror you provoke.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

frigidmagi wrote:Nitram?

You realize that by bot standards you're running around in a corpse? I can only imagine the horror you provoke.
It's not pleasant, no. This is just how it starts. Depending on how contact is made, and such, he may change alot.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

What is the average size of a transformer? About 20ft?

Anyways...

"I am a Cybertronian Warmachine, I will not stop!"

Name: Breakout
Affiliation: Autobot
Classification: Hurting Decepticons and breaking their stuff (also called assault)

Background: Breakout was created by Optimus Prime during the Great War on Cybertron as a military bot with autobot programming. This was done over some protests as the vast majority of Decepticon forces were themselves military models. Despite this he served with distinction and deication, and no one was really able to doubt his loyalty to Prime. At least once Prime allowed him full operational control of a major zone of conflict where Breakout would escalate the conflict and use irregular means to increase Decepticon causalities and lost resources. During this he would start a feud with the Decepticon Blitizwing, both of them attempting their level best to kill each other at several times.

However Prime chose to leave him behind when he left on that now mythical mission that ended up on Earth. Without Prime, the autobot command had no real problems sidelinging Breakout as his strategies and tactics made them uncomfortable and were viewed as to extreme and costly. He ended up leading a small group of Autobots also created by Prime in the same vein as him. They called themselves Headhunters due to their tendency to sever the heads of the enemy and use them as markers and calling cards.

Breakout and the Headhunters would leave Cybertron with a number of other Autobots to fight and hunt down Decepticons fleeing Cybertron to found splinter empires of their own. For a period of over a million years Breakout would operate with other races (mostly biological) and governments to destroy and contain Decepticons and rogue Cybertronian techonology. Eventually Breakout found himself on a planet just reaching it's early Atomic Age under threat from 6 Decepticons. Alone and realizing if pushed to hard the last independent governments of the planet would unleash nuclear war, Breakout fought and destroyed all 6 but took so much damage that he went into stasis. The biological natives built a massive tomb for him with it's own reactor and hooked him into it in the vague idea that maybe a machine could repair itself even in a death like state. The Tomb became akin to a religious site for them. They have in recent times (within the last 10,000 rotations around the planet's star) disappeared.

Personality: Breakout is a straightforward bot. He was built to be a fighter and he's good at it. Unlike most Autobots he even enjoys it. He considers himself first and foremost a war machine. He's also Prime's creation, believing fullheartedly in the rights and dignity of sapient beings. As well as being driven by a desire to earn Prime's pride and prove that Prime was right to build him. He is however deeply pessimistic in the ability of his race to stop fighting, his experience with organic species drives home the problems of his own race's existence as such he does not believe the war will ever end nor does he have any idea how to deal with peace.

Alt Mode: Light Armoured Vehicle of alien manufacture
Max Speed: 322 kilometers per hour
Weapon Systems:

Pulse Cannon, short ranged (400 meters) but damaging, the pulse system melts armors and slags electronics.

Missile launcher, can fire 2 missiles at a time, Breakout can only carry 40 missiles in subspace. Takes 10 seconds to reload after firing.

Energon Combat Knife, exactly what it sounds like.

Special Systems

Secondary Processor, the secondary processor allows Breakout to process information and produce odds of success for a given course of action. It also tracks and evaluates the health of his own systems and aides in Friend vs Foe Identification, and other tasks. Essentially imagine a computer in the back of your head.

Backup Systems, Breakout is a large bot, much of that space isn't take up with armor or weapon systems but with secondary and tertiary backup systems for most of his systems. As Blitzwing would tell you, damaging Breakout isn't a problem, hurting him to make him slow down is.

How's this?
Last edited by frigidmagi on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.