Transformers: World War II

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

#1 Transformers: World War II

Post by Dark Silver »

Prologue
Fera Islands, Mediterranean Ocean, Earth
Spring 1938

"Thissss had besst be good Major." The hiss that rolled in the voice was silibant, yet carried a tone as if it was used to being in control.

"I wouldn't have called you and Lord McCullen here unless it was." The man who lead them, Major Sebastian Bludd, stepped over the corpse of the monk, who until hours ago, was apart of a brotherhood who defended this place. The uniform was dark olive in color, and the red bandanna on his arm was emblazoned with the symbols of his order, the swastika backed by the flared cobra head.

"Under the Fuhrers orders, we've been scouring the world for sites of power. Tomax and Zamot discovered the location of this Island Chain while studying one of Merlin's grimoires..."

"The sorcerer," queried a scottish voice. The voice seemed to echo for a second against the stone, carrying a strange metallic quality to it.

Bluud looked into the metal mask worn by Destro, James McCullen XXII, and nodded, "The same sir. In it he mentioned talks of Giants of Metal and Fire, capable of laying waste to the world. He said they were sealed by Metal Gods, locked away on a remote Island chain - and a holy order was founded to protect their corpses."

The three men stopped before a massive stone wall, it's surface emblazoned with symbols foreign to any human tongue. In it's center, a hole was carved, oblong in shape, nearly half a foot deep. As if something had been pried from it, and waited to be replaced.

Two men, near identical twins, turned as the three approached. Their brown hair was trimmed short, and their face bore identical scars, though on opposite cheeks.

"Tomax, Xamot, report," ordered the hissing voice.

"We believe this to be a lock of some sort," began the one on the left, the sentence continued on by the twin, "hiding something of great power."

"While Radar detection shows there is nothing"
"But through our divinations, we"
"Have discovered great wards. We have"
"Been focused on location of what we believe to be the key"

"But to no great success yet" the two finished in unison.

"The metal giants Merlin spoke of?" The voice belonged to Major Bludd.

"Yes" came the united answer, without the two even looking at each other.

"Find me the key Major.." the hissing voice spoke again, "Do not rest until you do...The Fuhrer will wisssssssssh to know of thisssss"

---------------------

Fera Islands, Meditarranian Ocean
Summer, 1938

The Commander stood once more in the crumbling ruins of the once great monastery, once more in front of the great carved wall.

"All thesssse months of sssearching," the Commander spoke, the black hood covering his head did not so much as move, "And it wasss here all along. Thisssss key to ultimate Power."

In his hands, The Commander held the object in his hands, the key to the secrets long hidden. A oblong metallic handle carved in ancient runes encircled a decided orange metallic housing. Within the center housing, gleamed a jewel of near unimaginable brightness.

"We believe it is called the Matrix," Xamot spoke, for once without his twin nearby, you must simple place it within the lock, and the seal should release..."

"Are you sure of this Commander?" the deep voice of Destro spoke behind, "We do not know what this power could be,"

"Enough Desssstro. The Fuhrer is growing impatient, it isss time to sssseee if thisss hasss been worth it.."

The Matix glowed in the Commanders hands, as he lifted it to the wall. Before it was within a meter, the ground began to shake, rumble, the heave upward. Xamot scrambled back as he lost his footing, Destro and the Commander backed away. The wall had not parted gently, instead it seemed to cave in, the centuries old stone flooring beneath them was becoming dishelved.

"Let me out of here!" the Commander's voice rasped, pushing Destro aside, the blue officer's cape flaring out behind him as he attempted to avoid begin crushed.

The voice which spoke was booming, gravely, and filled with menace as it spoke, "You would be conquerors...destroyers..you seek power..."

The stones of the temple fell away, the ground erupting as a massive metallic hand reached for the air, in the darkness of dusk the giants frame was dark, except for glowing red eyes, "Then come forth, for you have awakened..the Ultimate Power, you have awakened The DECEPTICONS"

----------------------

Earth: Summer of 1940

The world has been at war for three years.

With the discovery of the Decepticons in the Fera Islands, the Cobra Society has risen in prominence within the Nazi Regime, when the Fuhrer eventually disappears, it is the Cobra Commander which takes his place as leader of the Third Reich. Adorned with the Matrix on his chest, the Commander has become a feared Warrior-King.

Utilizing the advance technology of the Decepticons, the Third Reich has steamrolled over the Allied defenders of Europe, leaving destruction and devastation in their wake. Cities lie crumbling, the lands dying.

Before the discovery of the Decepticons by the Cobra Society, the United States had made their own discovery - a group of ancient, immense metal beings - the Autobots.

Studying the ancient machines in a remote military facility, US Scientist had begun cracking the technology which made them function. Eventually, the robots themselves came to life, as if on their own, refusing to become involved in the humans war.

Until the rise of the Commander. When his optics fell upon a image of the hooded human leader of the Third Reich wearing the Matrix, Optimus Prime knew the Decepticons were involved.

The Autobots were mobilized....

Our War has become theirs.

----------------------------------------------------

New game, open to new characters, or some "returning". Characters will be approval be solely by the GM. Player input it allowed to help refine a character.

Players will create a new Autobot, a member of the Ark's crew who was awakened in the 20th century, at the height of the Second Great War.

Players will have their own strike group, working to help the humans against the Decepticon backed Third Reich.

There will not be any techspecs used, character sheets should be done in a "Profile" type, similar to the following (char pics not needed of course):

If you wish to see the original storyline this idea was cribbed from, feel free to download the comics here
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Shellshock! Overload! You can play the Train and gun now! :twisted:

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

LadyTevar wrote:Shellshock! Overload! You can play the Train and gun now! :twisted:
Seriously, I was just thinking that as I was reading this.

You know what, DS? I'm down. I'll make a character in this post later when I'm more coherent, and at work.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Name: Novawing
Affiliation: Autobots
Sub-group: Aurochs (now defunct)
Alternate Mode: US P-38 Lightning
Motto: "Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow is an illusion. There is only right now."

Weapons: Equipped primarily for close and medium-range combat, Novawing is equipped equally well in both robot and in heavy fighter mode.

In Heavy Fighter mode, Novawing is equipped with three plasma bolt ejectors (one above each propeller, and one in the nose of the the cabin nacelle), designed for highly accurate assault at close to medium range. Typically, the setting he uses for them in this mode is lower power, higher refire rate, though he can change the ratio at will.

Additionally, he still has his old war trophy from a Decepticon adversary thousands of years ago - the Storm Cannon, a very powerful projectile cannon mounted on the spine of the aircraft in Heavy Fighter mode. However, though very powerful, this gun is prone to jamming, and has a refire rate of about 30 seconds optimally.

In Robot mode, Novawing is no less capable, though loses access to the Storm Cannon in this mode. However, it is only in this mode that he's capable of cleaning or fixing the Storm Cannon.
Both his propellers' blades connect together to form twin long swords capable of creating an energon sheath (bluish in color; looks like propane flame), though doing so does use an impressive amount of energy; in exchange, the blades can impale or slice through nearly all known forms of armor while active.
Additionally, the plasma bolt ejectors are mounted on his shoulders while in robot form. Typically, the setting he uses for them in robot mode is higher power, lower refire rate, though he can change the ratio easily.

Abilities:
Though appearing to be a stock American-made P-38 J-variant Lightning, Novawing's version of this craft is more manueverable and faster, able to reach speeds of nearly Mach 2 if needed for short bursts by using his booster jets. He also able to hover stationary using the same booster jets to counterbalance the forward motion of his propellers.

In Robot form, he is capable of flying, but the booster jets he uses to do so are much better suited for straight-line acceleration, rather than true flight - he cannot maneuver anywhere near as well in his robot form.

Weaknesses:
Novawing enjoys fighting, perhaps a bit too much. He rarely takes into account his own survivability, instead preferring to view things in terms of what would be most likely to cause a mission to succeed - which doesn't include his own safety.

Novawing is an old bot, and though many of his parts have been upgraded and replaced over the millenia, a few core parts still remain, not all of which are...the most efficient. When refueling, Novawing must include a carbon-based additive to process energon efficiently. If this is not done, his booster jets are very unreliable, his propeller engines "knock," and he gets powerful headaches, which interfere with his normally impressive aim.

Biography:
Novawing was a gladiator once upon a time, renowned in the gladiatorial pits for his ruthlessness and dispassionate deconstruction of his adversaries' tactics.

Impetuous and relentless as a result, Novawing joined the Autobots because of what actions the Decepticons were choosing to take more than he agreed with all the Autobot sentiments. He doesn't see the necessity or reason to show kindness (which he views as weakness) toward downed foes; however, though he doesn't necessarily agree with how enemies should be treated, he will follow the Autobot's credo of treatment, even if a bit grudgingly. This is partially because he watched two of his fellow Aurochs get shot apart during a particularly brutal battle on Cybertron, millenia ago.

In present day, he is very much still a soldier, enjoying every mission, and doing his very best per mission as if it would be his last, though this sometimes serves to make sure he barely makes it back to base as a bunch of shot-up parts.

(version 0.1 - corrected weapon qualities modeled after the P-38J variant, adding in wing guns to suit the character)
Last edited by rhoenix on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Autobot Profile.

Subject: PathFinder
Primary Function : Armored Recon
Alt-Mode: M3 Stuart Light Tank

Bio:
Pathfinder always liked playing the sneak, finding the enemy and then shooting and scooting. With his wicked sense of humor, he liked hiding and spooking the 'Cons whenever he could. On Earth, Pathfinder likes to blend in to watch humans, and will stealth the Autobot symbol as much as possible to get closer and learn more about them.
Once the Autobots joined the War Effort and were paired with SpecOps teams, Pathfinder enjoyed chatting up with them between missions, just making friends and trading stories about the tricks he'd pulled. A new joke he and the SpecOps humans are pulling is the "Haunted Tank" routine, tricking basic infantry into thinking a certain M3 Stuart does things when no one's looking.

Weapons/Abilities:
At times Pathfinder's smaller size and good armor made him a good choice for temporary relief of besieged units until the big gunners could arrive. He has thus taken a liking to the M3 Stuart Light Tank, which was designed to be dropped out of airplanes for similar missions. His Cybertronian body has improved on the Stuart's light armor and already impressive speed, giving his alt-mode a top speed of 120km/h over good ground. Improving on the Stuart's weapons-load, Pathfinder has a close-range Canister Gun for the main gun mount, and four ER medium lasers. In robot mode, the Canister Gun stays as a shoulder-mount, while the four lasers merge into a single hand-held rifle. The Canister Gun has the ability to fire multiple ammo types, including anti-armor, incendiary, and anti-personnel, as long as Pathfinder can find suitable rounds.

Weakness:
Pathfinder is not a large Autobot, and thus does not pack the armor of Ironhide or Overload. He cannot take sustained punishment.

Quote:
You should have SEEN how far that 'Con jumped when I leapt out behind him! New high-jump record, I swear!
Last edited by LadyTevar on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Alt-Mode: tin can on treads
Fixed that for ya Tev. :wink:
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

frigidmagi wrote:
It's so tiny and cute. It looks like it wants to get tucked in and told a bedtime story. :wink:
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

Post by SirNitram »

Name: Overload
Affiliation: Autobot
Sub-group: N/A(Formerly Minicon/Dimension Hopper)
Alternate Mode: Armoured Train Engine
Motto: Straight To The Front Lines!

Weapons: In vehicle mode, Overload's cowcatcher can sheath itself in destructive energon, cleaving through opposition in his way. In addition, he can emit sensor-scrambling pulses from the front.

In robot mode, Overload's fists can be wrapped in the same violent energy as his cowcatcher, making his Pit Fighting brawling incredibly dangerous.

Abilities: In addition to emitting scrambling static to prevent ranged weapons locks, Overload is insanely strong, even by the standards of other large autobots. On Cybertron and on Earth, nothing was odd about the heavy lifter drawing hundreds of times his weight along. As a Minicon, he can detach from his larger Autobot body and move freely, in the form of a small Cybertronian aerial drone. He rarely indulges, however, as his armour and strength is greatly weakened in this form.

Weaknesses: Lacking destructive ranged weapons, Overload must engage enemies up close. In Minicon mode, he must depend on his powerful sensor-scrambling and minimal cross-section to protect himself from full sized Cybertronians.

Biography: Displaced across Time and Space, Overload, beleving himself to have escaped the eternally ressurecting Unicron, settled into a Cybertronian life easily. A fan of pit fighting, his first full Autobot body was won in an upset where he disoriented the opposition until they were tripping over themselves. Until the war, he was content to indulge in the Pit and haul cargo. With the war in full swing now, he shifts his cargo to vital war provisions.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Charon wrote:
frigidmagi wrote:
It's so tiny and cute. It looks like it wants to get tucked in and told a bedtime story. :wink:
I chose the m3 Stuart light tank for two reasons.

1. It is a light tank that can be dropped out of an airplane, hit 80km/h, and with a good crew, pulled off damned impressive tricks IRL, despite poor armor and weaponry. Its small size also gave it an edge in city-combat.
2. When I was little, I found a comic book called "The Haunted Tank", about a M3 Stuart and its Captain, haunted by the ghost of Confederate Gen. J E B Stuart. It was a fantastic mix of military comic and ghost story, with the General being both a warning of trouble to come and occasionally a helping hand when the crew was disabled or in trouble.

So, yes.. I know the tank's weak IRL. I'm at least hoping it's better than the Bradley. :razz:

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Full Name: Jason B. Murnau
Codename: Hunter
Birthplace: Newark, Ohio

Service Branch: US Army
Specialties: Demolitions, and stealth
Weapon/Vehicle expertise: M1 Garand rifle, Thompson submachine gun, Bazooka, Various explosives, Medium and Heavy trucks.

Equipment/Loadout: Grenades, set charges, M1 Garand, Bazooka.

Profile/history: Jason was born at the beginning of the roaring twenties, but missed out on most of the excitement as the Great Depression hit America before he was even ten. Jason's family got lucky and his dad managed to keep his job while he and his brother managed to find the occasional odd job to bring in money. Jason's older brother by 5 years left home when he turned 18, joining the services so that his family wouldn't have to worry about supporting him anymore. Jason, always wanting to live up to his big brother's achievements, joined the services as well when he turned 18. He showed a great knack for blowing things up and for not being seen while doing it, and after more extensive training was transferred over to the G.I. Joes only a few months before things started getting weird.
Last edited by Charon on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

So, yes.. I know the tank's weak IRL. I'm at least hoping it's better than the Bradley. Razz
Considering the Bradley can go toe to toe 2nd string tanks and only need fear the really big boys like the Leopard, Chieftain, Abrams and such... I'm going to say it's sad that hope must be in vain.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

frigidmagi wrote:
So, yes.. I know the tank's weak IRL. I'm at least hoping it's better than the Bradley. Razz
Considering the Bradley can go toe to toe 2nd string tanks and only need fear the really big boys like the Leopard, Chieftain, Abrams and such... I'm going to say it's sad that hope must be in vain.
Then I'll just shoot-n-scoot. :twisted:
And I said the Bradley, but I meant the Stryker... I mean Striker.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I'm glad you took a hacksaw to the retarded plot of the original comic. The art was gorgeous, but the writing was pure authorial fiat.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

....the plot needed a hacksaw to it to make it a somewhat decent RP....

The setting is what I desired most, I'm using the bits and pieces to fill in, like turning Cobra into one of the Mystical Society's rumored to exists in the Third Reich.

Likewise, the G.I. Joes will exist in game...as a multi-branch SpecOps unit within the Allies, assigned to work with the Autobots...

In this case..I'm also going to allow People to make human characters, if they wish, that are one of these Joes...or even solely a GI Joe character... (yes Charon, you can play a Joe....make it a good one).
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Whooo!

YO JOE!
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

I still want to play Powermaster Hitler binary bonded to Hornet...
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Dark Silver wrote:....the plot needed a hacksaw to it to make it a somewhat decent RP....

The setting is what I desired most, I'm using the bits and pieces to fill in, like turning Cobra into one of the Mystical Society's rumored to exists in the Third Reich.

There only alike in that you've got WW2 and GI Joe along with Transformers. Take it as a compliment, it's intended as one. Your storyline doesn't immediately display battleship sized plot holes.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

The comic also needs better pacing and a snakeyes that isn't retarded. I'll burn my own face off indeed!
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

frigidmagi wrote:The comic also needs better pacing and a snakeyes that isn't retarded. I'll burn my own face off indeed!
If we get into the big list of problems with the comic, we'll be here for fucking ever.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

frigidmagi wrote:The comic also needs better pacing and a snakeyes that isn't retarded. I'll burn my own face off indeed!
I was also annoyed that half the freaking story was about Snake Eyes running off after Stormshadow.

Also, when exactly did Hound and Wheeljack and all those others actually die? Really, the whole thing was fairly confusing...
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

think it happened when the Matrix got smashed....

but they never gave a reason for them dying because the Matrix got smashed...if they did...then Prime pretty much would have killed all TF's everywhere...

yet the follow up's (Divided Front) one issue shows Starscream still about, along with a Autobot shuttle crashing in modern day.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

And B4...

no...no Hitler Headmaster to Hornet....just no.

Hitler's on Ice.

He still has a role to play in history.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Character added.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Charon, you could play both Shellshock and a human squishy just like you do in HMD (if DS allows it).
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Cynical Cat wrote:Charon, you could play both Shellshock and a human squishy just like you do in HMD (if DS allows it).
Nah, this is more fun. :grin:

Shellshock (or some other Autobot) is on the sidelines if this guy bites it though.