Transformers: World War II

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

Is this going to exclusively be land and ir battles or would a PT boat TF be a good idea?
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Weren't PT boats Korean War?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

PT Boats were introduced during WWII in both Pacific and Euro theatres but mainly in the Pac theatre to torpedo much larger ships while being able to avoid heavy shell fire and torpedos.
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

PT boats were indeed WWII-era. John F. Kennedy was the captain of one during the Solomon Islands campaign (got his boat rammed and sunk by a Japanese destroyer). I don't know that they ever saw action in Europe though.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

It'll primarily be European Continent, so a PT boat wouldn't be the best alt-mode.

Alternatively, you will probably wind up like Sea Spray......left behind in the Ark except for that one episode where you'll get to turn into a merman...
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

They saw service in the channel and in the Med but not in the North Sea. And so ya'll know, I am working with CynCat to create a triple changer... so I have two alt forms
Last edited by Jason_Firewalker on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Sir Issac Asimov

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

excuse me when I correct this..

when I say "European Continent" I mean you'll be landlocked, with the occassional river/lake/stream around you. Nothing to a Autobot who doesn't need oxygen....and the Joes have their own boats of sorts.
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Preliminary Idea, working on it with CynCat

Name: Sinker
Faction: Autobots
Type: Triple-Changer
Alt-Mode Alpha: Elco PT Boat
Alt-Mode Beta: Katyusha Rocket Truck

Info On Alt Forms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pt_boat#Elco

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyusha

Bio and Personality:
Sinker is a product of the hatred between the Decepticons and the Autobots. Sinker was originally the Autobot Ultrajab, but had been captured and reprogramed by Megatron. There was one fault in Megatron's reprogramming and that is the fact he forgot to replace the ethical subroutines thus creating a whole new 'bot personality with the ethics of the old bot. Sinker played along with the Decepticons for awhile trying to get a way to escape when finally he was assigned to a battle versus Optimus Prime.

Not fighting to his best he quickly lost to the Autobot leader and was captured. Revealing his nature to the Autobots Sinker joined forces with them for awhile but quickly realized he was not fully trusted. Leaving Cybertron for awhile Sinker explored local parts of the galaxy and tried to find himself. He returned a few hundred years later only to find Optimus Prime and his crew preparing to leave on the Ark. Stashing himself aboard, he prepared to do battle with the Decepticons and end the war forever.

A loud and proud Autobot, Sinker takes his work of protecting the innocent very seriously and will do what it takes to take down the Decepticons at almost any cost.

Weapons (PT Form):
1) Torpedo/Missile Launchers: Twin self loading Torpedo/Missile launchers with advanced guidance and targeting systems.

2) Light Laser: Repeating light laser capable of ripping through most Earthly alloys and inflicting minor damage to Cybertronian metals. One rear and one fore mounted

Weapons (Rocket Truck Form):
1) MLRS: 7 Self Loading Missile Launchers with advanced guidance and targeting systems. Also capable of saturation work with more rapid reloading if guidiance system is turned off.

Weapons (Bot Form):
1) Missile Rifle: A repeating missile rifle capable of rapid fire of dumb missiles or slow fire of well guided missiles.

Special:

Over the Hill Sensors

Weaknesses

Because of his triple changer status, his over the hill sensors and his ammo storage style, Sinker is EXTREMELY Energon inefficent requiring three times as much Energon as a normal bot. On another point Sinker is also limited by his ammo. He carries 200 missiles at any given time in an extra dimensional space.
-- Sir Issac Asimov

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Two hundred missiles is not exactly my idea of a serious ammo limitation.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

My personal qualm is that...well, Megatron wouldn't be that sloppy - an underling might be, however.

But yeah, dial down those missiles at the very least.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Stashing himself aboard, he prepared to do battle with the Decepticons and end the war forever.
Errr, you know the Ark was a scientific mission right? Not a war mission? Going on the Ark would be the LAST thing he'd do if he was wanting to "end the war forever".

Also to echo havoc, 200 is not exactly limited by any sense, and can we PLEASE have weaknesses that are actually worth something? It seems like every 'bot and their robo-dog is energon inefficient. For one, it's frankly not that much of a threat to the character considering 99% of the time you'll be within an easy source of energon. For two, please people come up with something freaking original!
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

You know a Katyusha doesn't have a gun. If you forgo a firearm they might be willing to slide you some slack on the missiles.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Charon wrote:
Stashing himself aboard, he prepared to do battle with the Decepticons and end the war forever.
Errr, you know the Ark was a scientific mission right? Not a war mission? Going on the Ark would be the LAST thing he'd do if he was wanting to "end the war forever".

Also to echo havoc, 200 is not exactly limited by any sense, and can we PLEASE have weaknesses that are actually worth something? It seems like every 'bot and their robo-dog is energon inefficient. For one, it's frankly not that much of a threat to the character considering 99% of the time you'll be within an easy source of energon. For two, please people come up with something freaking original!
At least for Deathstrike it mattered since his two big tricks were flying and shooting a big ray gun, which meant that it did in fact hurt him.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

frigidmagi wrote:You know a Katyusha doesn't have a gun. If you forgo a firearm they might be willing to slide you some slack on the missiles.
His robot mode gun is his missile launcher. He doesn't have a pew-pew gun in robot or truck mode. Only in seldom used PT boat mode and it's almost worthless against Cybertronians.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Bio and Personality:
Sinker is a product of the hatred between the Decepticons and the Autobots. Sinker was originally the Autobot Ultrajab, but had been captured and reprogramed by Megatron. There was one fault in Megatron's reprogramming and that is the fact he forgot to replace the ethical subroutines thus creating a whole new 'bot personality with the ethics of the old bot. Sinker played along with the Decepticons for awhile trying to get a way to escape when finally he was assigned to a battle versus Optimus Prime.

Not fighting to his best he quickly lost to the Autobot leader and was captured. Revealing his nature to the Autobots Sinker joined forces with them for awhile but quickly realized he was not fully trusted. Leaving Cybertron for awhile Sinker explored local parts of the galaxy and tried to find himself. He returned a few hundred years later only to find Optimus Prime and his crew preparing to leave on the Ark. Stashing himself aboard, he prepared to do battle with the Decepticons and end the war forever.

A loud and proud Autobot, Sinker takes his work of protecting the innocent very seriously and will do what it takes to take down the Decepticons at almost any cost.

Weapons (PT Form):
1) Torpedo/Missile Launchers: Twin self loading Torpedo/Missile launchers with advanced guidance and targeting systems.

2) Light Laser: Repeating light laser capable of ripping through most Earthly alloys and inflicting minor damage to Cybertronian metals. One rear and one fore mounted

1) MLRS: 7 Self Loading Missile Launchers with advanced guidance and targeting systems. Also capable of saturation work with more rapid reloading if guidiance system is turned off.

Weapons (Bot Form):
1) Missile Rifle: A repeating missile rifle capable of rapid fire of dumb missiles or slow fire of well guided missiles.

Special:

Over the Hill Sensors

Weaknesses

Because of his triple changer status, his over the hill sensors and his ammo storage style, Sinker is EXTREMELY Energon inefficent requiring three times as much Energon as a normal bot. On another point Sinker is also limited by his ammo. He carries 200 missiles at any given time in an extra dimensional space.
Seriously.

That's about all the good I see in your character's profile. Also, go back and see the OP on how the sheets SHOULD look. I expounded on this not a page ago, how the profiles should look like the official one posted for Silverbolt.

And if I see Energon Inefficient as a weakness, I will have Unicron eat you. Seriously, become more original, your weakness doesn't have to be fuel or a physical limitation, it could be something psychological - your a idiot, or your weak armored, or you rust easily unless kept well lubricated, something besides frigging being a fuel hog.

Missile only systems also means you suck for any CQB possibilities, or anything which requires pinpoint accuracy.

Redo the striked out parts. And try to make it look like Silverbolts profile in the OP, and not a technical read out. The Profile should be nice, simple, and concise, giving me a idea of who your character is, and what he is capable of.
Last edited by Dark Silver on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Cynical Cat wrote:
Charon wrote:

At least for Deathstrike it mattered since his two big tricks were flying and shooting a big ray gun, which meant that it did in fact hurt him.
Yeah, but it can't be your only weakness unless you're so horribly energon inefficient that it can actually have a direct effect on your ability to be on the battlefield. It made some sense for Deathstrike and Shellshock because we were energon hogs, and even then the issue never actually came up.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Indeed. Deathstrike was never fully repaired, which meant he spent the entire game (and I didn't quit for a long time) at sub optimal performance and he had other flaws (low maneuverability, subtle as a brick). I would have been much more fucked up if other flyers had gone for dog fighting instead of the high speed clashes that was Deathstrike's forte.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Don't be too rough on him, as he said, this is just a rough so he can batter it into shape. He knows its not acceptable finished product.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:Don't be too rough on him, as he said, this is just a rough so he can batter it into shape. He knows its not acceptable finished product.
Oh, I know. I did the same thing, pretty much; I'm rather happy with the result.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Bio and Personality:
Sinker's life is a product of the hatred between the Decepticons and the Autobots. Sinker started as a pit fighter long before the war. Having lost the bots that made him feel for his fellow being in the wars with the 'Cons, Sinker, who had tried to stay neutral in the war, joined the Autobots to destroy the Decepticon menace. Fighting with a vigor unknown to most neutral bots, Sinker soon drew more neutral bots to the cause, most unprepared for the horrors of the war. This all did not sit well with the once great pitfighter and he lost his zest for the fight against the Decepticons. Leaving Cybertron to travel the stars for a thousand years he returned knowing his place and what he must do, a revitalized bot.

He was quickly assigned to the Ark as a security bot and left to go explore the stars again. A loud and proud Autobot, Sinker takes his work of protecting the innocent very seriously and will do what it takes to take down the Decepticons at almost any cost.

Weapons (PT Form):

Weapons (Bot Form):

Special:

Over the Hill Sensors: High detail range of aproximately 50 miles. One of the most advanced microfine sensor systems availiable to Cybertronians the system has a max range of 275 miles with minimal detail.

Weaknesses

Sinker is limited by his ammo. He carries 100 missiles at any given time in an extra dimensional space.

Sinker's second limitation is his below average armor. With lighter armor then most bots his size he is much more vulnerable to attack then the average bot but tends to stay out of close range combat to make sure that he remains mostly unharmed.

NOTE: Carries a loadout of 75 Plasma warheads and 25 Frag warheads (capable of airburst)

EDIT: Added a weakness and changed up the history
Last edited by Jason_Firewalker on Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Sir Issac Asimov

Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

I'm iffy on the OTH sensors....their good...maybe even TO Good...

I'll wait to see what others say.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Give him a good long sensor package, minus specifics. A big German bomber formation will be visible a long way off, but sneaky little Ravage is another story. His missile volley is badass, but limited and its the only weapon in his arsenal so its not unfair. His weakness is in keeping with his alts (thin skinned vehicles) and is a significant liability.

With the caveat I've mentioned on the sensors, I say "yes".
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

So...

What or who are we waiting on?
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

me to start the thread

Firewalker and Utanka are both approved, with the Caveat that Firewalker's OTH sensors don't give him fine detail (general detail I can deal with).

also, your not gonna be spotting stealthy Decepticons with your sensors.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Hardly my best opening posts....

but the game has started,.