Phoenix War III OOC / signup

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

Eh, it's a bit small, but I suppose it'll do :razz:
"Why hello! Could I intrest you in some giant bonsai trees?"

Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

*kicks everyone*

Get on with it! :razz: :razz:

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Post by Destructionator XV »

2) Um, Zappy, it's been already a week since I visited the Trollish ambassador (according to Adam's post). But it's alright, I'm gonna 'retcon' it with an urgent message from the Trolls.
Reminder: that is NOT the way time works. Unless we are interacting, time for each of us in independent.

When I factored in my travel time, that put my posts later to my previous posts, but affected none of you in any way.

It was not until I called Ra that my time was the same as everyone else's. Up until that point, my timeline was in the past relative to yours.

So the present for you is entirely unaffected by time jumps for me.
Adam D. Ruppe
Image Oh my hero, so far away now.....
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

Alright, so I'm here on the DSIII and I suppose I need to meet everyone and establish some sort of relationship with the ambassadors of the major powers. So who is really there? Who is still playing, what race are you playing, and who's the ambassador for you? Are you on the DSIII currently? If so, I need to get ahold of you so we can script out appropriate first meetings.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

Ra: 'Oh bugger'

Who have you permisson to be British?! :razz:
Alright, so I'm here on the DSIII and I suppose I need to meet everyone and establish some sort of relationship with the ambassadors of the major powers. So who is really there? Who is still playing, what race are you playing, and who's the ambassador for you? Are you on the DSIII currently? If so, I need to get ahold of you so we can script out appropriate first meetings.
Aboard the Happy Fun Ball 3 representing the TI are:

Commander Jetsam, the troll in charge of the small garrison attached to the Embassy.

Captain Igneous, his secound in command.

and Ambassdor Dright, a human of the Kronus Star Triumvirate.
Last edited by Dartzap on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

The A'millian Star Empire has a small group from the Foregin Minister's Office on the Death Star whom you would wish to contact.

To get started you will need to fill out a DF-12; Diplomatic Contact Request Form to request an appointment. If you are not already registered as a diplomatic power, you will need to fill out DF-11. If you as an individual are not registered as a diplomatic representive, you will need to fill out a DF-13, and if you do not already have an entry in the A'millian national identity system, you will have to request an entry with an ID-25 form, which requires you to go in for a photograph and you must produce at least two (2) forms of official identification from your government that we may verify. If your government is not registered for verification, you must fill out a DF-15 requesting foregin initial ID verification. If this is not possible, fill out an ID-26, requesting a waiver of the home verification requirement.

All the necessary forms are available at our embassy, and assistance in filling them out can also be gotten from the desk clerk. When they are completed, drop them off at the desk, or mail them to

A'millian Embassy
Dept. of Diplomatic Relations
Section 24, Level C-5
Death Star III

(Just say you mailed in the forms, a representive of the office will get back to you shortly to set up an appointment, and you can discuss various topics with our ambassador when you arrive.)

Yes, the guys here are government bureaucrats at their finest.
Adam D. Ruppe
Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

You might need to just PM the various players, since everyone works (or, in Adams case, Codes all day, moans all night :razz: ) and might be busy for extended periods of time.

Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

Do I have to start kicking peoples arses into playing this? :razz: I'd happily PM people when we need em.
Last edited by Dartzap on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

Dartzap wrote:Do I have to start kicking peoples arses into playing this?
I'm planning ahead my next few posts, and will actually post them when they are ready.
Adam D. Ruppe
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

No, hey, I'm here, I've just been too lazy to PM people. I'm getting on that now.
Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

Jolly good, I'll take my arse-kicking shoes off for the time being... :wink:

Dartzap
Keeper of the Beer

Post by Dartzap »

DS: it was Lord Detritus who appeared in a puff of smoke, not Kresh, he appeared in a rather chavish Limo some hours ago :wink:

Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

he appeared in a rather chavish Limo
Sorry, I just lol'd. :lol:
Jonathan McKenzie
Half-Insane Snakehead | MSPaint Acolyte | Wierd TGOD'er

"Every time you stay abstinent...Kitten kills a god."
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

Woah, wait. So, Detritus just appeared in a puff of smoke, check, got that. And who pulled up in a limo?

Also, I just realized my post is wildly inconsistent. I have my guy go to the plaza because he's hearing people screaming because a guy just appeared in a puff of smoke, so he gets there and sees a guy appear in a puff of smoke :razz: I'm going to have to fix that.

EDIT-wait, nevermind, I just had him hear "things". I suppose that could just as easily be crowd noises or something.
Last edited by DesertFly on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

*stomps testicles* KAN, where you is? :???:
Jonathan McKenzie

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Post by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman »

DesertFly wrote:Woah, wait. So, Detritus just appeared in a puff of smoke, check, got that. And who pulled up in a limo?
There are two limos: mine (Darth Kreshna), and Ra's. Detritus arrived at Palpatine square through some sort of teleportation (transmat), but in no less ceremonial manner; his guards already waited for him.

Anyway, where is the Zerg Ambassador? We're all waiting for ya! The Zergs are newcomers in the galaxy; surely the Ambassador doesn't want to make bad impression with the Empire, the Goa'uld, and the Trolls, does he? :wink:
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

Share your free D&D character here.

:welcome :arrow: :sheepfucker: :thumbsup

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

NEVER buy a LiteOn CD/DVD Writer. Ever.
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

Geez, people, it's been the middle of the night for me! He'll show up now.
Destructionator XV
Lead Programmer

My last post brings in an interesting fact about A'millian planetary surveys. They know of stars and the presence of planets by distance observation with their telescopes. They can also tell if it has a decent probability of having an inhabitable planet, but no more details than that until they actually send ships or probes to scan the system up close.

I wrote that post without really thinking about the consequences, but it does make sense when I think about it. Planets and moons would be hard to see with telescopes, where as stars can be easily observed. Even with their advanced technology, long range scans for planets and moons is not an easy task simply because they are small, dark objects.

Question is what this fact would do to ship detection. I figure at long range (meaning outside the current system), the would not be able to see a starship at all unless it is at warp (why? because when it is at warp, technobabble sensors would pick it up, despite it being physically small).

Their short range active scanners are quite effective though, being able to get a rather detailed look at ships near by, as evidenced numerous times in the games.

They also have cloaking devices which I want to show instead of tell later on. That should be fun.
Adam D. Ruppe
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

Hahaha, there was so much BS in my last post. It's fun writing the diplomatic face for a race of savage, bloodthirsty killing machines. IC, none of you know anything apart from what I've said, of course, though the more perceptive of you will probably be able to tell that I'm not exactly coming in on the straight and level.
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

So would I be correct in assuming that no-one is playing as Ba'al? That's too bad, I think he would be a great person to ally with.
Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

Ya, sofar no one is officially playing Baal; I'm kinda playing him in an unofficial role until someone does (Baal being a Goa'uld and all), but the rest of the guys don't like that idea one bit. :wink:
Jonathan McKenzie

Sick, Twisted Fuck

Ra wrote:I'm kinda playing him in an unofficial role until someone does (Baal being a Goa'uld and all), but the rest of the guys don't like that idea one bit. :wink:
:?:
The Sick, Twisted Fuck | Sap #2 of the Bitter Trio | Knight of the e-mail | Evil Liberal Conspirator | Esoteric Order of Dagon | Weird TGODer

So be it. If saying "NO" means being alone, then to hell with love, with romance, with marriage, and all the shit life keeps pumping at me. I'll walk alone, but with freedom and a healed pride.

Ra
Master

Post by Ra »

A joke, Kresh. :razz:
Jonathan McKenzie

DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

Dammit! I had a whole post ready to go and FF crashed on me! It's too late to type it up again now, but I'll try to reconstruct it as best I can in the morning.
Sick, Twisted Fuck

Ra wrote:A joke, Kresh. :razz:
My intelligence has dropped significantly due to the lack of sleep. :sad: