Knights of the Old Republic Game

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

It's fine. The operational cameras are around the guard station and the cages.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Cynical Cat wrote:It's fine. The operational cameras are around the guard station and the cages.
Not much help, is it. No Jedi there?

Dogs are Man's Best Friend
Cats are Man's Adorable Little Serial Killers
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Cynical Cat wrote:Tortoise your visions aren't that precise, not while running away from gunmen. You could have the idea that help might be on the way (if people will, you know, actually step into one of the elevator cages and head down).

And the Force is capitalized.
No prob, editing
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

(Character formally removed)

- r/t
Last edited by rhoenix on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Corellian is a nationality, not a species. And since you're referring to personalized equipment, I'll need a gear list as well.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:Corellian is a nationality, not a species. And since you're referring to personalized equipment, I'll need a gear list as well.
Ack. Done, and done - good catch.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Just to let you know, both Form III and Form V rely on two handed grips on the lightsaber.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Cynical Cat wrote:Just to let you know, both Form III and Form V rely on two handed grips on the lightsaber.
EDIT: Fixed now, thanks to a conversation via IM with the GM. Character sheet is now updated with focus on Niman (Type VI) style of lightsaber combat.
Last edited by rhoenix on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- William Gibson

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

That's right. You all know it's true. :lol:
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Someone must have known there was no way I could resist a Star Wars game forever...

I will be thinking of characters.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

It's as go Ben.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Name: Riv Sivrak
Race: Shistavanen

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 180 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Fur: Copper

Languages: Shistavanen, Basic, Shyriiwook, Huttese
Fragmented Languages: Mandalorian, Sith

Description: Riv is average height for his species, though slightly thicker from his extensive physical exertions which have made him very strong. Riv,like all of his species, is covered completely in thick fur, in his case in a copper tone. Riv Sivrak's movements outside of battle are minimalist and well thought out, favoring careful control over brash speed. Riv wears clothing in the style of a Jedi, though his are colored mainly in grays and whites over the brown that is common among jedi.

Force Skills: Riv's personal philosophy on the Force has come through well in the skills he has developed. Riv believes that to become one with the Force, one must first become one with oneself. To this end Riv has become proficient in having the Force assist his strength, speed, dexterity, accuracy, senses, and other physical requirements including hiding himself from the senses. Additionally, Riv has begun to practice the healing arts and what he calls a Battle Trance.

Lightsaber forms:

Riv Sivrak's focus on himself as a Force user, he has spent much of his time focusing on his skill with a lightsaber, so while his more flashy abilities with the force are nowhere near as developed as other Jedi of his skill, he is far more skilled with a lightsaber. He has dabbled in many of the lightsaber arts, and so has a passing ability and recognition of such forms, but he has two of which he has spent the majority of his time.

Form V: Djem So. Riv's main form now. His constant training has given him a great strength and speed which he feels is best suited with this form.
Form IV: Ataru. Riv's beginning style, he still uses it in dire circumstances and when he feels the variation while give him an important advantage.

Lightsaber: Riv Sivrak has a somewhat unique lightsaber. Somewhat thicker than normal to allow a better grip, and also about half a foot longer than the usual lightsaber handle. The handle carries markings from his language engraved on the surface. The green crystal inside it is one that he found in Jolee Bindo's old hut on Kashyyyk's surface.

Non-Combat Skills: The Shistavanen are renowned across the galaxy as trackers and hunters, and Riv's skills with the force only enhance this ability. As such Riv is also very stealthy. His inborn patience makes him a good negotiator and trainer. Riv has also studied deeply on the more philosophical portions of the Force and universe at large. He has average skills with technology and mechanics, but nothing to brag about.

History: From the time he was a pup, Riv Sivrak knew he was destined for better things. His father and mother were both diplomats for the Shistavanen, and though he was born on Uvena III, he spent much of his life on tour of the galaxy. It was while on what was supposed to be a brief stop on Dantooine that Riv was noticed by the local Jedi population. It took a great deal of convincing for Riv's family to leave him behind to be trained, but the greatness of their son possibly becoming a Jedi was not easy to overlook, and so they left their child to train. Riv was 11.

When the Mandalorian War broke out eight years later, Riv was among those who believed the Jedi should get involved. He was still an apprentice however, and his master, an Alderaanian, stayed out of the fighting while Revan and Malek led the charge against the Mandelorians. Riv was tempted briefly to leave anyway, but patience won out over teenage bravado and he stayed to finish his training.

When the Sith War broke out four years later, the old masters had been proven right. The actions of Revan and Malek had led to their downfall. Freshly done with his apprenticeship, Riv applied himself to the war with fervor, though he was mostly assigned to guard duty, at the beginning of the war he experienced combat numerous times as the Republic was repeatedly pushed back. When the Jedi enclave at Dantooine was destroyed, and Riv's old master with it, the Shistavanen took it hard and retreated into himself for reflection. With the end of the war and the revelation that Revan had returned to the light side to help the Republic to victory, Riv took another blow. What was truth anymore? The Jedi had always taught him strict guidelines on how to live and how to act, but they were practically gone now, and their strict enforcements had lead to their downfall. There had to be some other way.

Riv Sivrak disappeared for several years then, digging deeply into Jedi philosophy and following in the footsteps of Revan, or more precisely, his ally Jolee Bindo, who had himself forsworn the Jedi ways while never falling to the influence of the Dark Side. Riv Sivrak travelled across the galaxy, earning his way onto ships through odd jobs, learning new ways of life, new languages, and new things about the force. He visited such places as Kashyyyk where he managed to reach Jolee Bindo's old home, and Korriban where he managed to pick up some of the Sith language. He still hasn't met up with Jolee Bindo, but he doesn't feel he is up to that task just yet.

Personality: Riv has a great deal of control over himself, despite his non-strict adherence to the Jedi Code. The Shistavanen has fallen in love once or twice, but nothing lasting so far. It is hard to get a reaction of surprise out of Riv, even on the occasions where he is surprised, as he always mediates his movements and actions. During battle is one of the few times that Riv ever lets loose, and even then it isn't by much. Riv is friendly but guarded around new people, though he warms up quickly to people he has known for longer.

Gear: Lightsaber, datapad, cortosis weave vibrosword, reinforced jedi outfit, normal jedi outfit.
Last edited by Charon on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Lady T neglected to edit her post when I told her there was no guardshack. There was merely two guys on post, who aren't there anymore. There's a small station further in the Pit proper.

Neophyte does not mean unstoppable killing machine who may rack up huge numbers of kills each post merely because the other side is mooks. I have been consistent on this point. Killing them is fine, hog wild is not.
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Mea culpa

Charon
No

Post by Charon »

*would really like to play, and so would appreciate it if people kept posting.*
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

Hey now lamby toes, I post as rapidly as I am able
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

The mighty men (and Wookie) with guns might want to post in response to the incoming fire. Hint hint.
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

I hate you Cyncat.

:)
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

General Havoc wrote:I hate you Cyncat.

:)
That's the love I expect from my players. *pinches Havoc's cheek and grins*
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

he mighty men (and Wookie) with guns might want to post in response to the incoming fire. Hint hint.
I'm posting, I'm posting.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Just to be clear, the Mark VII doesn't have a lot of range by the standards of huge, overpowered blaster rifles with little recoil. That of course means it has plenty of range for city fighting, although it is a heavy bitch.
Marcao
Disciple

Post by Marcao »

posting today, apologies for the wait.
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

How far are we from gun toting thugs of obstruction?
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

frigidmagi wrote:How far are we from gun toting thugs of obstruction?
15 to 20 meters
LadyTevar
Pleasure Kitten Foreman

Post by LadyTevar »

Any of these Jedi showing up on camera?