Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#101 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

To clarify things a bit for storytelling - each of you has your own room in the barracks, and the civilians (Gabriel Cipriani's little sister, and the turian's human wife and son) are in a smaller, separate barracks.

Mealtimes are when everyone eats, so for the candidates with dependents, mealtimes are probably the only times your characters will be seeing them over the next week, so RP accordingly. I'll be doing the same with the turian NPC - nobody's tried to talk to him yet by the way, and I find that hilarious.

If anyone needs more detail for flavor and whatnot, just let me know here in this thread, or message me directly.

For Iona and Junko - rachni are still not very well known in the galaxy yet, so seeing one here might come as something of a shock. As for the two geth... well, you've never seen two geth act like this around one another. Seeing a quarian here would be a bit unusual, too. Your characters' reactions toward the others are up to you, just RP it well.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
rhoenix

#102 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

Ok - due to the heresy of other games being played here (and Skyrim), I'll be moving things along a bit more slowly than I'd first planned.

I'll be making the First Day GM post tomorrow night. This will primarily be an RP thing, with the PC's watching the ranks steadily thin down.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
rhoenix

#103 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

For those of you who've asked, I'll say it here. The messhall has a good cook, and will basically make anything you want, as long as it's not too exotic. The chef is good, but he's on a space station.

- William Gibson

White Haven
Disciple

#104 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by White Haven »

Just as a note, I've surfaced from my Deep Skyrim Immersion. Good thing I gave myself a four-day weekend for the launch. :rofl:

...and hey, who knows what Asari eat?
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring rhoenix
-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#105 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by frigidmagi »

.and hey, who knows what Asari eat?
Must... Resist...Dirty...Joke.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
White Haven
Disciple

#106 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by White Haven »

I didn't even know marines could do that. :rofl:
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
rhoenix

#107 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

White Haven wrote:I didn't even know marines could do that. :rofl:
I'm pretty sure this is where someone makes a terrible azure joke.

EDIT: More seriously White Haven, asari are, biologically speaking, herbivores who became omnivores. Soups, some sea-food, salads; that kind of thing.

- William Gibson

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#108 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by General Havoc »

How good is their Thermal Paste?
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
rhoenix

#109 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

General Havoc wrote:How good is their Thermal Paste?
Pretty good, but they also have outlets for the more electrically-inclined candidates.

- William Gibson

White Haven
Disciple

#110 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by White Haven »

...The cooks, or the asari?

*ducks*

rhoenix

#111 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

White Haven wrote:...The cooks, or the asari?

*ducks*
That looked like volunteering to me!

- William Gibson

Soleimon Berserker
Apprentice

#112 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by Soleimon Berserker »

I dunno, the nutrient paste ain't bad...bit bland from what I hear but when isn't it?
White Haven
Disciple

#113 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by White Haven »

..Would it be too cruel to slip some seriously hot hot sauce into a Quarian's nutrient paste when there are no convenient tubes of milk to try to damp it out?

rhoenix

#114 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

White Haven wrote:..Would it be too cruel to slip some seriously hot hot sauce into a Quarian's nutrient paste when there are no convenient tubes of milk to try to damp it out?
As long as it's dextro-based hot sauce, sure. The levo-based ones humans use would probably kill a quarian, and probably a turian too if they're not expecting it.

- William Gibson

rhoenix

#115 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

As soon as everyone moves their characters to the messhall, Shep will make her announcement, and I'll wrap the evening up so you lot can start the first trial at the next morning of game time.

- William Gibson

Soleimon Berserker
Apprentice

#116 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Hahaha, that's strangely awesome.

"Geth do not infiltrate....We do."

I don't know why but that made me imagine Shaddai do a Dramatic Squirrel turn at the pause, that just seems hilarious to me.

rhoenix

#117 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

Marcao? What's Cipriani doing?

- William Gibson

White Haven
Disciple

#118 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by White Haven »

Er...where's this whole 'Geth don't infiltrate' meme coming from? It's not like Hunters were terribly rare...

Soleimon Berserker
Apprentice

#119 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

It's a scene from Mass Effect 2, where you bring Legion (an "actual" Geth as opposed to a Heretic) with you on the Citadel. Look it up on Youtube, the scene is pretty funny.
White Haven
Disciple

#120 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by White Haven »

Oooh, now I remember. Always thought that was odd, given the existence of sneakehGeth.

rhoenix

#121 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

You know, it's almost disquieting to contemplate just how many M-98 Widow's are probably going to be found amongst the PC's. Many obviously loves his, Shaddai will happily grab one once he gets the specs for it, and the other snipers will probably be drooling when they see it.

- William Gibson

White Haven
Disciple

#122 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by White Haven »

Not it!

Soleimon Berserker
Apprentice

#123 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Yep, but only Geth or Krogan are able to use it, and Krogan in extreme situations. The Widow's kick is strong enough to break most Sapient's arms, same with the Claymore shotgun.

If Shepard was allowed to use one then remember that he/she'd been heavily genetically modified.
Sabre72
Apprentice

#124 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by Sabre72 »

Soleimon Berserker wrote:Yep, but only Geth or Krogan are able to use it, and Krogan in extreme situations. The Widow's kick is strong enough to break most Sapient's arms, same with the Claymore shotgun.

If Shepard was allowed to use one then remember that he/she'd been heavily genetically modified.
I agree the only way for a normal human to use one would be if it was mounted
rhoenix

#125 Re: Mass Effect: Going Dark (RPG)

Post by rhoenix »

Nope, Shepard can use a Widow in ME2. It has one shot per heat clip, but oh man, it truly is a beautiful thing.

Then again, Shepard's at least 40% cybernetic at that point, with all the muscle-weave and bone-weave enhancements to boot.

- William Gibson