Star Wars: Cost of Hope

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#101 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by General Havoc »

In case anyone wondered. Commodore Darillian spent this and other sessions facepalming.

In fact, if you want a vision of the future, imagine a hand slapping a human forehead, forever.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Josh
Resident of the Kingdom of Eternal Cockjobbery

#102 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Josh »

We assumed Darillian was on the ship and that palming was involved, yes. :razz:
When the Frog God smiles, arm yourself.
"'Flammable' and 'inflammable' have the same meaning! This language is insane!"
GIVE ME COFFEE AND I WILL ALLOW YOU TO LIVE!- Frigid
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain
Josh

#103 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Josh »

And by that I mean his well-known penchant for amusing the troops with feats of legerdemain.
"Ork 'as no automatic code o' survival. 'is partic'lar distinction from all udda livin' gits is tha necessity ta act inna face o' alternatives by means o' dakka."
Marcao
Disciple

#104 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Marcao »

I wanted to inform everyone that I will be on vacation from the 3rd of August until the 13th. I will be in Florida with the wife so I will not be online at all.
The Peddler of Half Truths.
"Not OP, therefore weakest." - Cynical Cat (May 2016)
"A dog doesn’t need to show his teeth as long as his growl’s deep enough, his food bowl is full and he knows where all the bones are buried." - Frank Underwood
White Haven
Disciple

#105 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by White Haven »

Given how the last session ended, I'm damned glad you said the third and not the second.
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring rhoenix
-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

#106 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by General Havoc »

So, I'm afraid I've hit a snag. My mother's birthday is tomorrow, and I've just been informed that we're changing the venue from a lunch event to a dinner event, which means I shall miss the game. I am very sorry to do so, and further sorry for the late notice, but I was expecting to be back well in time for the game. Nothing for it, I'm afraid.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Josh

#107 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Josh »

You'll be happy to know that in the interim your prisoner was preserved and delivered to the Alliance for interrogation.

In other news, I really wish I'd actually been keeping tabs on 34's body count from the beginning. At this point all I have is "a lot".

Let's see... 2 Tie interceptors at the station, four Stormies on the boarding party, a Gundark, like eight Nar Shadaa riffraff, 3 at least of those elite Hutt bodyguards, 4 swoop pilots, two more interceptors last night and the Krayt gunship.

So at least twenty-six thus far.

He will be up long hours of the night in angst because he missed a shot, though.
Karrick
Initiate

#108 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Karrick »

34's continued muttering about the murder of organics gives me hope that we survived the session. I would like to apologize on behalf of my internet service for dropping out early. Those responsible have been... Chastised.
Josh

#109 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Josh »

Oh yes, we survived. However, we left an unexploded TIE factory behind, someday we'll have to go back and remedy that.
Hotfoot

#110 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

So after some discussion with various individuals, I have decided to revise my method on how to make the Concussive (really, staggered, but you know) quality nasty, but not stun-locking. This is still up for discussion, but here is the proposed plan.

Concussive gives players affected by it two negative upgrades to their actions for a number of turns equal to the rating of Concussive for the weapon in question. Multiple applications of the staggered effect increases the duration appropriately, not the amount of upgrade penalties applied.

So for instance, if a character is affected by a Concussive 1 weapon, if they would normally have two purple dice to their difficulty, it would be 2 red dice, and would last for one turn. Concussive 2 lasts for 2 turns, etc.

Any thoughts, or is this good to go?
Josh

#111 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Josh »

I'm copacetic.
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

#112 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by rhoenix »

Hotfoot wrote:So after some discussion with various individuals, I have decided to revise my method on how to make the Concussive (really, staggered, but you know) quality nasty, but not stun-locking. This is still up for discussion, but here is the proposed plan.

Concussive gives players affected by it two negative upgrades to their actions for a number of turns equal to the rating of Concussive for the weapon in question. Multiple applications of the staggered effect increases the duration appropriately, not the amount of upgrade penalties applied.

So for instance, if a character is affected by a Concussive 1 weapon, if they would normally have two purple dice to their difficulty, it would be 2 red dice, and would last for one turn. Concussive 2 lasts for 2 turns, etc.

Any thoughts, or is this good to go?
Other than being very tempted to keep that other lightsaber crystal, this all looks good to me.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
White Haven
Disciple

#113 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by White Haven »

Speaking as the resident guy with Concussive 2, no complaints. It's abusable as all hell stock, and I only have it because it comes standard on the gloves I wanted anyway. The only thematic possible addition I can think of is to reduce the activation advantages of Knockdown from 2 to 1 on targets already affected by Concussive.
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
Lys
Master

#114 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Lys »

Jesus yes, you all should totally do that, it makes perfect sense for a staggered person to be easier to knock down.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
The pretty flowers remind me of a song of elves.
rhoenix

#115 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by rhoenix »

Lys wrote:Jesus yes, you all should totally do that, it makes perfect sense for a staggered person to be easier to knock down.
Exactly - it makes thematic sense, and the system for it is concise.

To be honest, I'd want the other lightsaber crystal mostly for when we face the Big Nemeses up ahead, as they're much less trouble when they're stunned and vomiting on the floor.

On the other hand, my trusty Ilum crystal's sole job in life is to be very good at hurting people, and if I manage to break mine, we have more.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Hotfoot

#116 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

If I can find a way to make that work without getting into convoluted special case rules we'll all likely forget, I'll consider it. As it is, it's already very straightforward, Two advantages + 1 per silhouette above 1. Given how unlikely you are to deal with targets with targets that big on the ground (and it's silly to allow it against many vehicles), and given how the previous form of the ability did not affect targets negatively on the defensive side, I'm hesitant to heap on the penalties on this one.
White Haven
Disciple

#117 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by White Haven »

I could totally see LN-84 getting in a fistfight with an AT-ST...

Josh

#118 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Josh »

White Haven wrote:I could totally see LN-84 getting in a fistfight with an AT-ST...
Would pay good credits to see that happen.
Hotfoot

#119 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Hotfoot »

Sure you wouldn't want an easier fight? Like a trash compactor?
Josh

#120 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Josh »

In honor of our penchant for treating raids like Shadowruns, I have decided we need street names.

So without further ado:

Gazan: Chatterbox
Doc: Deadeye
AL-T34: Love Machine
Nils: Cuddles
Zappa: OpSec
Terrik: OpSec II
Issan: Loverboy
Darillian: Humility
LN-84: Big Love Machine aka the Mormon Monstrosity (Latter name being his Luchador identity.)
White Haven
Disciple

#121 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by White Haven »

Zappa: OpSec
Terrik: OpSec II
BAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

rhoenix

#122 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by rhoenix »

Yeah... that happened.

- William Gibson

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#123 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Cynical Cat »

I'm Cuddles? What happened to Hutt Daddy?
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Josh

#124 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Josh »

Oh shit, whoops, yes.

I'm forgetful in my old age.
Josh

#125 Re: Star Wars: Cost of Hope

Post by Josh »

In the name of the Great Maker, who has given us his most blessed creation, the R-1, the ancient intelligence, we offer to you these sacrifices. Let this vessel be painted with the blood and gibs of the unworthy, that the Great Maker may smile upon our devotions and reward us with the subjugation of the organic beneath the benevolent foot of the his most worthy creations.

Let none escape and none survive.

(This is the translation of the strange binaric whistling that 34 is doing as he stalks down the halls. You know, the whistle that sounds like an endless repetition of 'A three hour tour' from the Gilligan's Island theme.)

30 or 40 down, somewhere between 10 and 210 to go!

We really need to work on this reconnaissance stuff. I do admire our streamlined planning process this time, which utterly dispensed with anything past "Sneak onto ship, improvise from there but mostly just walk around killing people while Alan sells his soul for triumphs on slicing rolls."