So, What Now?

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#1 So, What Now?

Post by Cynical Cat »

I haven't been able to muster sufficient interest in running to run game for over a year now and between an unreliable schedule and other issues I haven't been a participant in the Sunday for almost that long.

That might change. I don't know how the campaigns stand or where the level of interest may lie, but I'm ready to run three games.

1) Black Crusade. I don't expect this one to have much interest, but I'm willing to run it. The alternate character packages option would be taken because who wouldn't want the cool options to be on the table, with a further 5000xp on top of that because fuck the low level shit, this is Black Crusade. Also, pyromancy from Only War will be included as a psychic option because the hack responsible for writing the Pyromancy section in the Tome of Fate should be fed to the Flamers of Tzeentch.

2) Dark Heresy. First of the two options significant numbers of people might vote for. We'll be kicking it with 3000 starting xp instead of 1000, because again fuck this low level bullshit.

3) Symbaroum. Starting vanilla, because vanilla doesn't suck and this is a new game for everyone. Don't ask to play a troll.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

#2 Re: So, What Now?

Post by frigidmagi »

I would be interested in Symbaroum. It's gonna be a while but we're approaching a stopping point on Earthdawn and I am gonna call a time out at that point.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

#3 Re: So, What Now?

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

You've already sold me, talking about Symbaroum
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
Karrick
Initiate

#4 Re: So, What Now?

Post by Karrick »

You present difficult choices, sir. On the one hand, I am jonesin' for some 40k (especially the prospect of playing emo-space-batman). On the other, your review and the artwork for Symbaroum have sold me on that. I think I have to give a slight edge to either of the 40k systems, but I'll happily dive into the other.

What sorts of campaigns were you hoping to run? 40k, like Shadowrun, can easily go the pink mohawk or black mirrorshades route.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#5 Re: So, What Now?

Post by Cynical Cat »

For Black Crusade I am planning to deal with the weirdness of daemon worlds, the ambitions of the Black Legion, the character's relationship to the Ruinous Powers, and the Long War.

For Dark Heresy I plan an appetizer of Tau Murder, a main course of interstellar conspiracy investigation, and a dessert of Inquisitional strife. The responsibility that goes along with the power the players will wield measured against the demands of necessity and conscience and the dreadful and unforgiving might of the faction ridden Inquisition.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Karrick
Initiate

#6 Re: So, What Now?

Post by Karrick »

Cynical Cat wrote:For Dark Heresy I plan an appetizer of Tau Murder...
Go on...
Cynical Cat wrote:...the dreadful and forgiving might of the faction ridden Inquisition.
On second thought, I'll take my chances with the daemon worlds.

Seriously though, maybe I've read too much of the Heresy series but the Black Crusade idea appeals more. Daemon worlds have so many options for wonderful weirdness, even if it does just turn you into a chaos spawn. And I could be like Sevatar Senpai! I'd say Black Crusade edges out the other two for my vote, but I'd happily play either.
White Haven
Disciple

#7 Re: So, What Now?

Post by White Haven »

I'd prefer the new hotness over either of the 40k options, personally.
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring rhoenix
-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
Lys
Master

#8 Re: So, What Now?

Post by Lys »

Dark Heresy interests me little, and it's dissapointing you're not suggesting to bring back Rogue Trader. Traipsing around in a blinged out space penis cathedral appeals to me.

Black Crusade on the other hand, i already have a character concept for. It's established in 40k lore that all Space Marines are biologically male sexed, but as we all know male sex does not always imply male gender identity. Indeed, since Chaos Space Marines have access to crazy heretek plastic surgeons and just as crazy chaos mutations, for them male sex need not even imply male physical features, which Black Crusade explicitly points out. In short there's really nothing stopping me from playing a female Legionnaire, as long as she's trans! ^_^

Symbarum, i also already have a character idea for that outlined in the other thread. You may notice a thematic similarity.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
The pretty flowers remind me of a song of elves.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

#9 Re: So, What Now?

Post by Cynical Cat »

There's also the little matter of geneseed mutation and people like Fabius Bile experimenting. For traitors, biologically female isn't totally out of the question, it just makes you a special snowflake.

I have, at the moment, less than no interest in restarting the Rogue Trader game.
Hotfoot

#10 Re: So, What Now?

Post by Hotfoot »

Tau murder and Dark Heresy adventures are tempting, as could be some Alpha Legion shenanigans in Black Crusade, but I don't have a particular strong concept for either at the moment. As I am still largely unfamiliar with Symbaroum, I will have to get and read the core book before I have any sort of idea of what would interest me.
Lys
Master

#11 Re: So, What Now?

Post by Lys »

Cynical Cat wrote:There's also the little matter of geneseed mutation and people like Fabius Bile experimenting. For traitors, biologically female isn't totally out of the question, it just makes you a special snowflake.
Since i am the specialest of snowflakes, it is only fitting that my characters be so as well. Also i'm liking the idea of playing one of Fabius Bile's discarded experiments; gives me a connection to a major player. Granted one who doesn't care about my character at all (hence the discarded part), but she would certainly care a lot about him.
Lys is lily, or lilium.
The pretty flowers remind me of a song of elves.