Revival

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Haizu
Initiate

#1 Revival

Post by Haizu »

Hi all! I know I've been gone a really long time and all but I thought I'd drop in and see how everyone was doing. Had a question as well. I was wondering if there was any chance we could revive Firewalker's old Rifters thread? I think that'd be really neat.
Those who do evil to others...the killers, rapists, psychos, sadists...you'll come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me....The Punisher.

The world will look up and shout Save Us and I'll whisper..No.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

You would have to find Firewalker, I think. I haven't seen him around for awhile.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

He's been gone for quite awhile. I have him on AIM and he hasn't been on there in months. I was hoping that either somebody could start a new Rifts thread or take over that one.
Those who do evil to others...the killers, rapists, psychos, sadists...you'll come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me....The Punisher.

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

To be honest while everyone loves the idea and fluff of Rifts... The rules suck donkey sweat man.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

A very....interesting choice of words. To be honest I don't have much experience with the game, just the little bit that Firewalker did. I didn't think it was too bad.

General Havoc
Mr. Party-Killbot

Post by General Havoc »

Rifts is a fine setting as long as you pay absolutely no attention to the entire rules system and substitute your own. Doing so however is a hell of a lot of work.
Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and despair...

Havoc: "So basically if you side against him, he summons Cthulu."
Hotfoot: "Yes, which is reasonable."
Haizu
Initiate

Post by Haizu »

Well it was just an idea, the potential for that thread was really good and i hate to see it go to waste is all.

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

General Havoc wrote:Rifts is a fine setting as long as you pay absolutely no attention to the entire rules system and substitute your own. Doing so however is a hell of a lot of work.
That's pretty much Palladium in a nutshell. A good idea married to mediocre execution and welded to a god awful rules set that hasn't changed since the 80s.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Jason_Firewalker
Disciple

Post by Jason_Firewalker »

I will be starting to game here sometime in the future, but as for now, check the Down Under section for reason as to why I been poofed off to neverland
'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all'
-- Sir Issac Asimov

The True Resurrection would undo the chartrusing of the Gnome
-- My friend figuring out how to permanently turn a gnome chartreuse

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents
--HP Lovecraft in Call Of Cthulhu