Wrath of the Fallen (D&D or Arcana Evolved Campaign)

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

frigidmagi wrote:
That's the Caste system I'm asking about sorry should have been clearer.
Unpleasant. Loosely speaking it goes unskilled worker, skilled workers, landholding farmers, merchants and well to do skilled workers, minor priests, warriors, horselords and minor nobles, great priests, magnates, and sovereigns. Prostitutes, criminals, the semi-employed laborers, etcetera are denied a caste and are at the bottom. Upward caste mobility is minimal. Custom, tradition, and the legal system all favor those higher in caste.

So it's not standard for brothers to look out for sisters is what I'm getting.
It's far from unheard of, but yes it's not that common. Especially since orc culture treats women pretty terribly.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Magnus
Acolyte

#52 Boxing Day Gaming

Post by Magnus »

Julian,

I hear that one Steve is a NO for Boxing Day gaming; the other Steve and myself are both unlikely to show.

Monday is a stat. holiday so I suggest gaming on Sunday evening or Monday daytime. Chris says he can do either if you can. Do either work and if so, what's your preference? I'll call Dana & Steves when I hear from you (unless they read this themselves).

Merry Mithras!
Last edited by Magnus on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Both work.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Magnus
Acolyte

Post by Magnus »

Cynical Cat wrote:Both work.
lets do Sunday night then.

Tannock is in Florida, O'dor has family visiting all week. Dana has not yet replied to my text.
Umbras
Acolyte

Post by Umbras »

I talked to Dana he said sunday is good also.
"Forgivness is between them and God, its my job to arrange the meeting."
"I don't want you to kill him -- I just want you to bury him. If he dies in the process, that's his problem."
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Best to assume I won't be GMing next week. No, it's not because of Brahm.
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

Kaden

The Northern Frontier

This area is settled by a mix of Chessentian refugees, Agathi, and Kainith. The caste system is loose here, with a few petty nobles and Imperial vassals atop a comparatively fluid social system mostly composed of free men. The largest inhabitations are a few small towns.

The Hill Country

Possessing larger towns than the Northern Frontier, The Hill Country is home to Agathi, who were conquered and subjugated by the Kainith two hundred years ago. Since then there have been steady immigration, making the Agathi a minority in their own homeland. Most of them are slaves or are indentured workers on larger estates, although a few have their freedom. Ironically, the largest surviving piece of Agathi culture is the once scorned witch cults, which survived and prospered by collaberating with the Kainith conquerors. Caledain is the only true city of this region.

The High Steppe

The homeland of the Kainith, large portions of the steppe is now covered by farmland, estates and towns. Arkull, Maherin, Tineba, Zarbel, and Kinesque are the major cities. Many of the Chernai, squater and lighter skinned than the Kaineth, still maintain a nomadic lifestyle. They have a special place in the caste laws that allows this and are subject to service in Kaden's armies.

The Southern Plains

These are the sprawling lands of the dark skinned Zewabi, the first builders of cities. They are now a minority in their own lands, their city-states and petty empires having fallen to the Kaineth nomads and civilizing them in turn. Nadoni, the capital, is here.

The Coast

South of the plains lie the gently rolling hills and orchards of Kaden's coast. The port cities are hubs of trade and learning, with traders and sailors visiting from distant lands coming and going. Sterea is the largest of the coastal trading cities.