STGOD! OOC Thread.

OOC: For the creation and management of board RPG's.

Moderator: B4UTRUST

frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

---Never Mind---
Last edited by frigidmagi on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
rhoenix
The Artist formerly known as Rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

OOB Map for the Neo Mongol Kingdom has been edited to reflect the current STGOD map, with the Neo Mongol Kingdom being the pink-colored part of China.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

I would presume that when it comes to odd-ball designs, the Deutschland-class Panzerschiffe would be considered a Cruiser with Anti-Capital upgrade at the expense of speed?

I'm curious because I'm trying to finalize my own OrBat and it includes the armament for Cruisers; given the relative numbers in squadrons and the costs associated with the vessels, I supposed a Cruiser, even baseline, could be as heavy as 20,000 tons Standard (since a DD can get up to 2,000T Standard and is approximately a tenth the cost of a cruiser), and I gave the Tempest a battery of 6 10"/50 guns under the logic that Cruisers would probably be armed in the range of 9-10" without the WNT around, 11" or 12" (like the Alaska) representing a ship with Anti-Capital upgrade.
Last edited by Steve on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chatniks on the (nonexistant) risks of the Large Hadron Collector:
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Screwball
Acolyte

Post by Screwball »

Also Screw can you please list how many regiments are attached to your divisions?
I have already, but I can change the formatting if it's not completely clear.

EDIT: Done.
Last edited by Screwball on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Could you? I would appreciate it.

Same for everyone else, please list the numbers clearly.
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

I hope my system of dividing up my nation is clear enough. I'm going to be gone until Sunday, but with my holdings divvied up into five zones it should provide a decent enough idea as to where my concentrations are. If there is an error in there somewhere and the deployments don't match my OOB, I do apologize, but I can't fix it until Sunday. If anything's borked, it's the attached regiments, but I'm pretty sure it all adds up.

For the record, I will be defining the zones more rigidly in the next few days, but it's pretty straightforward I think.
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

Well, I think I've got enough to post.

Fully mobilized I can field 1.7 million infantrymen (180 000 motorized), 122 000 sappers, 3000 tanks, 30 800 artillery pieces, 9792 air and ground attack fighters, 2880 heavy bombers, and 1920 submarines.

Clearly my tank park is two sizes too small.
Screwball
Acolyte

Post by Screwball »

To say nothing of your submarine pens. :shock::razz:
Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

Screwball wrote:To say nothing of your submarine pens. :shock::razz:
You know, I was going to give in an make a real navy, and then I saw the NPC OOBs and realized that the military situation in Central and Far East Asia had become somewhat more precarious. By which I mean, "Oh God, oh God, I'm outnumbered and surrounded." So the whole 1600 point standing military goes into the army and air force. This still, however, left me with 1200 points of naval reserves. This is not enough to make a good fleet in being, so I dumped it all into submarines.

Thinking about it though, maybe I should dump it all on carrier aircraft and triple my aerial strength...
Last edited by Hadrianvs on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

Edited OOB - my military needed editing.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

- William Gibson

Josh wrote:What? There's nothing weird about having a pet housefly. He smuggles cigarettes for me.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

Folks you need an OOB up by midnight tonight or you're not in the game.
Slacker
Apprentice

Post by Slacker »

I've got my preliminaries up there now, I should have a full listing, including proposed fortresses, tonight. Internet access is erratic at work, so I can't promise it'll be up. It will at least be done.

I should also have my introductory post done, again, barring a night of no-interwubs like last night.
Silence
Acolyte

Post by Silence »

I got my basic OOB up, but I do have a question, does anybody have a good idea of where to look for a listing of British forts handy?
The Admiral: A game of chess, my dear.
The Woman: I don't play.
The Admiral: You should learn. We're all pawns, my dear. -The Prisoner
rhoenix

Post by rhoenix »

OOB is now finished, including naval fleet deployments. I might follow the examples of Havoc & Steve and name all my ships, but honestly I had a hard enough time naming the different classes of ships and aircraft. It'll have to wait.

EDIT1: there, fluff fixed.
Last edited by rhoenix on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

- William Gibson

Hadrianvs
Initiate

Post by Hadrianvs »

I forgot to add land forts and non-major coastal fortifications. Unfortunately I'm too tired to think straight right now. I can only broadly say that I'll park forts in natural choke points and around important things.
Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

I was wondering about how one might work in assigning reservists to actually man forts, since in peacetime they'd be very thinly manned and only at mobilization would they be manned.

They'd probably be the first thing manned upon call-up, but due to our lengthy mobilization times I want to ask how long I'd be forced to wait for them to be considered manned.
"The chance of Shep talking his way into the control room for an ICBM is probably higher than that." - Seth
"Come on, who wouldn't trade a few dozen square miles of French countryside for Warp 3.5?" - Marina
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Post by Comrade Tortoise »

frigidmagi wrote:Folks you need an OOB up by midnight tonight or you're not in the game.
Sorry, got a tad delayed... packing for a trip to visit your ass.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution."
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

The Holocaust was an Amazing Logistical Achievement~Havoc
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

At this point I would be looking at tossing out Klavo, CT, Cleric and Angelod. And you know? Part me is saying I should do it, because frankly I think a couple of you did this in order to gain an advantage by being able to see everyone else's OOB before making yours. But it's Christmas and this is almost a 1/4 of the players. So you guys have one week in order to get your troops up. Next Saturday midnight if I don't see a full listing of troops, then you're out.

Hadri taking a little longer for forts is fine as is the deployment of said troops, I doubt anyone is gonna start a war in the first week.
Sorry, got a tad delayed... packing for a trip to visit your ass.
No you're not. You know damn well that the entire time I'll be in Oklahoma.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

To second this point. You have a week. If it takes you that entire week to post your troop listings, I will be taking offense to this and Bad Things (TM) will happen to your country.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Cynical Cat
Arch-Magician

Post by Cynical Cat »

I'm in favor of a minor punitive hit of say 100 points to the standing militaries of those that didn't post in time. That way they lose any advantage from optimized OOB.
It's not that I'm unforgiving, it's that most of the people who wrong me are unrepentant assholes.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

Cynical Cat wrote:I'm in favor of a minor punitive hit of say 100 points to the standing militaries of those that didn't post in time. That way they lose any advantage from optimized OOB.
That did not bother me at all.

And Frigid... No one ever told me you were going home for the holidays.
- Theodosius Dobzhansky

There is no word harsh enough for this. No verbal edge sharp and cold enough to set forth the flaying needed. English is to young and the elder languages of the earth beyond me. ~Frigid

Steve
Master

Post by Steve »

All I have left are air forces.

When are we considering "time" in game to have started? Last week or this week? I mean, are we two months in-game now or not?
The Cleric
Thy Kingdom Come...

Post by The Cleric »

Been rather busy at work, party last night, snowstorm today. I'll AIM around and mock something more complete up.
Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river.

The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god.
frigidmagi

Post by frigidmagi »

I told you... Over AIM... 3 times. I figure you just forgot man, all the trauma from your students and all.
Comrade Tortoise
Exemplar

frigidmagi wrote:
I told you... Over AIM... 3 times. I figure you just forgot man, all the trauma from your students and all.
That is possible. Sometimes I am also on aim but not on aim... or on aim at two computers stuff like that.

In any event my OOB barring deployment locations is up
- Theodosius Dobzhansky