Policy: READ ME FIRST.

N&P: Discussion of news headlines and politics.

Moderator: frigidmagi

SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

#1 Policy: READ ME FIRST.

Post by SirNitram »

Welcome, welcome, to Librum Arcana's News/Politics forum. Here, news articles and political discussions go on. I'm your new dark overlord of this horrific pit of despair.

Here's a quick rundown of the rules.

1) Posting stories. Post a link and the story. This is to both facilitate those who can't follow the link, and to verify the story. Exceptions can be made for breaking news stories, etc, that may not have an internet posting yet, but please try to post such ASAP. Subscription services and limited run-times can be exceptions.

2) Be on topic. If you derail threads, it will go badly.

3) No racial/ethnic slurs. I'm as flame-happy as most of the board put together, but we shall have none of the aforementioned in my turf. It is a simple request. If you can't insult without calling on these, you frankly don't deserve the right.

As of now, there's no proscribed topics. However, if there begins to be topics which produce nothing but flamewars, moratoriums may be placed by staff decision.

Beyond this, remember that politics is a divisive and heated topic. It will get hot in here. It's why they hired such an asshole to police you gentlemen.
Last edited by SirNitram on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.
SirNitram
The All-Seeing Eye

#2 Re: Policy: READ ME FIRST.

Post by SirNitram »

I can't believe I have to spell this out. I honestly thought I never would have to. But DS asked me to, and he's generally more sensible than me.

4. Do not troll. This should be simple to understand. This means no throwing around unrelated things to try and get flamewars started. No abandoning of topics and screeching at people if you have no legitimate response. And so forth. Everyone understands trolling, I think.

Obviously, no matter who is up to it, you can't judge yourself on this. Conflict of interest and all that. If(When!) Havoc and I have a knock-down drag out over Reagan, I will quite sensibly not be in charge of moderating that.
Half-Damned, All Hero.

Tev: You're happy. You're Plotting. You're Evil.
Me: Evil is so inappropriate. I'm ruthless.
Tev: You're turning me on.

I Am Rage. You Will Know My Fury.