.avi files

C&T: Video Games, Table Top Games & Computerized Stuff
vampykat
Apprentice

#1 .avi files

Post by vampykat »

I have some .avi and .mpeg files and I want to burn them onto dvd.

However, for some reason my brain has taken a vacation break and I can't figure out what program I need to make this successful.

I have Nero 6 Ultra Ediction and Power ISO, do I need something different that will allow me to watch the dvd on my home dvd ?

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!!

V
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

use Nero Ultra Edition, choosing the make your own DVD Video option.

it's self explanitory from there.

Otherwise, it's to Data if you wanna burn them just for storage.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
vampykat
Apprentice

Post by vampykat »

Thanks Sugar, will do that sometime soon, need sleep, it's 4:10 am and arghhh can't sleep.

Yer a peach.

V
DesertFly
Water Soluble

Post by DesertFly »

On a similar note, I had Nero, but for some reason it stopped working, I don't have the cds anymore, and I don't want to download some warezed version. So I ask you, what is a good freeware or cheap cd/dvd burning program?
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Elheru Aran
Initiate

Post by Elheru Aran »

Similar question here. I have Nero, but it keeps giving me an error when I try to burn to DVD video. Burns data fine though...

Basically, I load up the files I want, it queues and transcodes them, but when it comes to actually burning the damn thing has a shitfit.

So yeah. Similar question to Desertfly's above, or a fix suggestion, would be *greatly* appreciated...
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Funny, I didn't have the problems with my copy of Nero....

I can burn Video and Data fine on both CD and DVD....

as for freeware or shareware software to do it?

Never explored it...maybe B4 has a idea...
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.