Minecraft Chain World - Libarc edition

C&T: Video Games, Table Top Games & Computerized Stuff
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

#1 Minecraft Chain World - Libarc edition

Post by B4UTRUST »

Alright, there was an article on Kotaku (Link) about something called Chain World, a interesting generational mod for Minecraft. Basic concept is a map is started, one person plays until they die and then they pass on the level do the next person. The map is deleted from their system and stored on a USB thumbdrive along with the modified game files. You only play it once before passing it. Chances are you'd never see it again after you pass it on and never see what becomes of your projects and plans.

The idea intrigued me so I thought about how to set up something similar for Libarc. Basically I would start a fresh level and play it until I die. Then I would zip up the world folder and either email it or send a PM with a link for it to another player and they'd DL it, play it, die, zip it and pass it on, all of us deleting the level after we've passed it on. It would be passed back and forth with nobody but the current player knowing exactly who has the file and the person who passed it to them.

So let me know if anyone might be interested in it just to see how the world changes with every player's influence.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Alright, so far I have DS, GoingIncognito and myself participating. Any other takers?
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Well...it happened.

i obtained the Chain World 2 days ago...going by the game rules, I will say nothing about what occured in the game, other than it ended in the only way it could...

in my Death.

May the next participant have a impact on the gameworld.

I'll be sending out the file soon
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
GoingIncognito
Acolyte

Post by GoingIncognito »

I, too, have met sudden demise in the Chain World. I'll send it on to the next person later tonight.