Minecraft Review (image heavy towards the end)

C&T: Video Games, Table Top Games & Computerized Stuff
Losonti Tokash
Apprentice

Post by Losonti Tokash »

...I want in on this server.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Hey, you can kind of see the miniature Colosseum that I'm building as well. It's the oval on the map. Not as big as the real thing, but it's been a riot to build.
Moderator of Philosophy and Theology
Norseman
Disciple

Post by Norseman »

Anyway when you get the server back up and running again send me the IP address and I'll check it out.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

I'll shoot you the PM later Norseman. It's up and down sporadically at the moment due to system usage problems. Until Notch gets it patched I haven't left it going all the time. But I can give you a tour.
Saint Annihilus - Patron Saint of Dealing with Stupid Customers
Norseman
Disciple

Post by Norseman »

B4UTRUST wrote:I'll shoot you the PM later Norseman. It's up and down sporadically at the moment due to system usage problems. Until Notch gets it patched I haven't left it going all the time. But I can give you a tour.
Pity there's no function to import worlds from Single Player and into Multi-Player.
GoingIncognito
Acolyte

Post by GoingIncognito »

Norseman wrote:
B4UTRUST wrote:I'll shoot you the PM later Norseman. It's up and down sporadically at the moment due to system usage problems. Until Notch gets it patched I haven't left it going all the time. But I can give you a tour.
Pity there's no function to import worlds from Single Player and into Multi-Player.
Technically this is possible, but must be done manually. It also can be done in reverse and allow you to play SMP worlds in SSP. Unfortunately I'm not sure how all the mods would affect the saves. For all I know the worlds won't work correctly unless you have all the same mods.
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

You just have to copy the WorldSave folder to the SMp server's world directory, from what I've seen. I imported the SMP server's map to SSP, and it worked fine except for the issue with anything done with mods (secret doors, etc) wn't work. But it's enough to get me a server render and play around in it.
Allen Thibodaux | Archmagus | Supervillain | Transfan | Trekker | Warsie |
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
GoingIncognito
Acolyte

Post by GoingIncognito »

The SMP server is back up for now as Notch released a patch which fixed some of the issues. C'mon Norse and Losonti, join us!
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

I swear norseman you've gotta start spending more than 2 minutes in the server or hit me up on IM or something so I can join you.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Alright all you greedy sonsofbitching bastards... Here's your fraggin map renders! Hope you choke on em and suffocate on the chunks! Bastages! All of yas! *mutters and stomps away to try to get the mods working again so the server can go back up*
Minecraft folder ya bastages...
GoingIncognito
Acolyte

Post by GoingIncognito »

B4UTRUST wrote:Alright all you greedy sonsofbitching bastards... Here's your fraggin map renders! Hope you choke on em and suffocate on the chunks! Bastages! All of yas! *mutters and stomps away to try to get the mods working again so the server can go back up*
...More please.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

GoingIncognito wrote:
B4UTRUST wrote:Alright all you greedy sonsofbitching bastards... Here's your fraggin map renders! Hope you choke on em and suffocate on the chunks! Bastages! All of yas! *mutters and stomps away to try to get the mods working again so the server can go back up*
...More please.
...You greedy BASTARD! No server for you! Come back....ONE YEAR!
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Alright, just so we're all on the same page here, I'm compiling a list of projects in our Minecraft server.

LibArc SMP Server Project List
*Sorted by Player(s)
Current Builders: B4UTRUST, HotFootGFH, DarekSilver, Mike1086, DanteMachiavelli, GoingIncognito, Wolf_Rebel

B4UTRUST
Project Behemoth -
Dark Ages Castle

Project Panopticon -
Floating Citidel

Project Simon & Garfunkle
Bridge

Project: Leviathan
Kingdom "Subdivision" construction

Project ShinShol
Shinigami Solutions Headquarters

Project Ia!
The Sunken City of R'yleh & Temple of He Who Sleeps Beneath the Water

Project Revnant
Underground Citidel

HotfootGFH:

DarekSilver:
Project U32
Secured Tunnel from Original Spawn to LibArc House

Project Teddy Roosevelt
Canal from Spawn to the Tower

Project "The Jut"
Underground Bunker/Fortress

Project Towerful
"The Tower" complex and Collegum

Project Proper Manners
Steele Manor & Grounds

Project SteeleTech
SteeleTech Industries, Inc HQ

Project Terry Brooks
Replica of Paranor, the Druids Keep

Project Outlier
Border Fort and Proof of Concept for Project Terry Brooks

Project Skyline
Modern City ruins surrounding Project Wonder Twins

DanteMachiavelli
Project When in Rome
Colisseum & Market

Project Panic
Underground Bunker

Project Home Sweet Home
Summer Home

Project X
Classified

Project Public
Machiavelli Industries Public Relations Office

Project Light Brigade
Cannons in Multi-Player proof of concept

Project Shelter
Waterfront Home

Mike1086
Project VaultTech
Vault #666

Wolf_rebel
Project Usurper
Enemy Kingdom & Castle

GoingIncognito
Project Guiding Light
Lighthouse, Spire and Water Park Mk 1

Project Porkchop's Play-a-long
???

Joint Projects:
Project LibArc House
Original Homebase
Builders: Hotfoot & B4UTRUST

Project Wheatgerm
"All Natural" Housing built without "cheats"
Builders: HotfootGFH & B4UTRUST

Project Johnny Cash
Railway Construction
Builders: B4UTRUST & DarekSilver

Project Useless Donkey
Useless Donkey Bar & Grill
Builders: B4UTRUST & DanteMachiavelli

Project Wonder Twins
Linked Obsidian and Lightstone Towers
Builders: DarekSilver & GoingIncognito

Project David Bowie
Underground Jail and Maze Complex
Builders: B4UTRUST, Dareksilver & GoingIncognito

Project "Hi Ho!"
Newbie Welcome Center and Warp Zone
Builders: DarekSilver & B4UTRUST

*Message B4UTRUST or Dark Silver incase of changes/list updates

I'm sure I've missed one or two, msg me and let me know if your project was left off.
Last edited by B4UTRUST on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

For shame, making people think I'm only working on two things. I've done a lot more than that. I just usually build a lot more subtly than the rest of you yahoos.
White Haven
Disciple

Post by White Haven »

Really, Charon? Impressive. So how long did it take you tunnel up into other structures and plant TNT in the walls?
ImageImageChronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring rhoenix
-'I need to hit the can, but if you wouldn't mind joining me for number two, I'd be grateful.'
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

Not long at all. The problem is about half of us TNT'd our own structures and installed dead-mans switches so that if Charon tries to invade us or attack us we're taking him out in the process.

That and the server admin has the ultimate area denial weapon... Low Orbit Ion Cannon...
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Well, these are the Public Projects. I don't know what else you've been working on besides those two things.

Maybe if you'd fugging speak up...
"Then again, Detective....how often have you dreamed of hearing your father's voice once more? Of feeling your mother's touch?" - Ra's Al Ghul
"According to the Bible, IHVH created the Universe in six days....he obviously didn't know what he was doing." - Darek Steele bani Order of Hermes.
DS's Golden Rule: I am not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. | corollary: Some are more equal than others.
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

Hey, I've talked about all my projects, except Project X, which I've only vaguely alluded to. They just aren't all towering skyscrapers that reach above the clouds so that they're easily noticeable.

As for building into other peoples homes and planting TNT. I have not planted TNT in, under, or near anyone's home. I figure they need no help from me to blow themselves up and they have proven such time and time again.
B4UTRUST
Dance Puppets Dance

Post by B4UTRUST »

new renders are up, same folder
Charon
No

Post by Charon »

BREAKING NEWS

In a surprise move, Machiavelli Industries has re-started its Project Light Brigade. The first weapons program, and Machiavelli Industries first project when entering the world, Project Light Brigade was shut down shortly after the completion of the first working prototype, as the company head, Dante, declared the upkeep of the cannon too expensive and time consuming. This decision may also have been influenced by how close the project was to other housing.

Since then Shinigami Solutions, or Shinsol, quickly cornered the market on weaponry with the introduction of the Low Orbit Ion Cannon, or LOIC. The re-opening of Project Light Brigade may mean Machiavelli Industries now means to challenge Shinsol's monopoly on the weapon market.

In a statement made today, Dante said "We have no intention to challenge the sheer destructive power of the LOIC, to which Shinigami Solutions keeps the operation of very secretive. What we do intend to do however is make home defense against vandals a viable and cheap option for those who don't have access to their own space platform."

Despite such statements, the weapons currently being worked on by Machiavelli Industries are far from cheap, using a great deal of red ore, obsidian, and tnt. Company officials claim that these are simply the prototypes and the finished products will be considerably more stream lined.
GoingIncognito
Acolyte

Post by GoingIncognito »

Sweet, sweet renders. Thanks! :)
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Project Wonder Twins Activate!

Form of Something Pretty Awesome!

Yes Frigid...I will be posting pictures as the project progresses
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

Just a fair warning...

STAY AWAY FROM FORT OUTLIER

While experimenting with the creation of...things....and stuff...of a stuffity nature

I may erm..have broken the map in the spot directly beneath the Fort. That is to say, if you go there, you're Minecraft will crash and burn in a variety of horrible ways, repeatedly, for a good ten minutes or so. I placed Quarantine Signs and sealed off all four entrance Gates to the fort as to stop casual entrancers.

So yeah, don't do go there until I can fix it. And it is fixable, so no B4, you don't have to do a server restore.
frigidmagi
Dragon Death-Marine General

Post by frigidmagi »

Damn it DS stop blowing holes in reality without me! It's rude!
"it takes two sides to end a war but only one to start one. And those who do not have swords may still die upon them." Tolken
Dark Silver
Omnipotent Overlord

Post by Dark Silver »

November 24, new updates out for both the server and game

As usual, Server won't be open until B4 gets home to update it, and even then, most of the mods probably won't work until the code for them is updated.

Big ticket items? Survival Multi-player Health is now active, which means we can kill and die....Also he's activated the spawning code for monsters.

.....which means unless B4 turns off Mob spawns and turns the server into a Creative Mode server.....we have to worry about the things which make life interesting...

you know...Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders and...CREEPERS (seriously, fuck those exploding little evil bastages).

So yeah...big day in the Alpha stage today....aside from the fact that Notch broke the game with the update for awhile...but then he re-updated to fix it.

The server lag issue is still being worked on, it's still the lighting code, and he's got that scheduled for next release it seems.